Show or Tell...

Tears of a Phoenix

 

Seung Hoon’s face is like a hypnotising device.  You walk towards him and sit down comfortably. ‘So…’ he begins. ‘I’m your friend. You’re best friend.’ You felt like you were watching some kind of movie full to the brim with suspense and tension. You want Seung Hoon to simply burst out all his feelings and words into a huge blob and shove it into your heart forever.

‘What do you want to ask?’ he says, looking straight into your eyes. A little squawk from afar makes you lose all tension and spin around in shock. Your phoenix is staring at you with its beady eyes as if it really wants to go somewhere. Your situation is more important. ‘Go,’ you say, waving the tiny bird away.

The second you turn away, it zips away as fast as its tiny, flaming wings could carry it. ‘What I want to ask?’ you say, your mind buzzing with a thousand questions. Seung Hoon nods, smiling slightly at your confusion and silence. The two of you simply sit awkwardly, smiling at each other. It is as if a violent silent conversation was going on between the two of you with telepathy.

‘Can we join the party?’ Youngjae and Daehyun jump in. Youngjae is smiling and chuckling as usual to himself. Daehyun looked quite healthy even though there is a knife stuck into his chest. But there is something wrong with the way the knife was stuck. Blood was no longer gushing out; it rather looked like a toy blade was cleanly stuck onto his clothes. ‘This?’ he asks, pointing to the dagger as if it were nothing.  ‘Your little midget bird, that little thing felt pity and cried for me. ‘Ah, so that’s what it wanted, you think to yourself.

 ‘Where is it now?’

‘The little thing flew away. It was heading… north. No! It was heading south, actually… NO!’ Daehyun continued to talk to himself, trying to remember the direction that your little phoenix flew. ‘Seung Hoon,’ you say suddenly. ‘I know what to ask you.’ He stares at you, his eyes twitching… left, right, left, up… He’s nervous.

‘What exactly happened… at that time?’ you ask nervously. Seung Hoon flinches a bit. Youngjae’s smiling face fades into a sullen look of despair. Daehyun suddenly stops talking and starts wringing his wrists. Nervousness seems to shudder down his spine and tiny beads of perspiration begins to appear on his forehead.

‘Are you sure… that you want to know?’ Youngjae asks seriously. ‘You can’t un-hear anything that you will hear.’ You squirm in your spot. Everyone’s eyes gazed at you intently, waiting for your answer. ‘Ehm… ‘ you begin. ‘Well…’

‘Well?’ Seung Hoon, Youngjae, and Daehyun say in unison.

You’ve settled in and you are a single word away from the truth. What do you do? Will you hear the shocking truth? Or will you block your ears and run away?

The truth! Click Here!

I don't want to hear it! Click here!