It's a cruel world out there... and you're part of it.

Tears of a Phoenix

The phoenix stares sadly into your unwilling eyes, begging for permission. The phoenix is your key, your key to finding the killer of the real Lee Seung Hoon. But if the key was scratched or demented, it wouldn’t be able to open the door. Right now, if you hurt your phoenix, or made your phoenix sad, you could damage its trust, your key.

‘Go,’ you shakily whisper to the phoenix. ‘Go, and cry.’ Youngjae and Seung Hoon let go of Daehyun willingly, shaking their aches and pains from holding him back away. You watch in awe as you see the tiny little bird’s eyes beginning to water. Before tears fell forward, the phoenix let out a beautiful, soothing chirp. It wasn’t the same raspy squawk it utters every hour, but a clear, harmonious one.

The simple sound seemed to wash away your stress and tension. Even Youngjae and Seung Hoon stop sighing and massaging themselves, as they begin to idly fall asleep. You slide down the tree peacefully; you have never felt more relaxed in your life. But no, you can’t sleep. You have to watch Daehyun. Pinching yourself as hard as you can, you force your eyes open.

As the phoenix’s tears rapidly fall down, Daehyun’s blood seemed to disappear. His wound closes slowly, forcing the dagger out. It is like magic before your eyes. Daehyun even seemed to glow in the midst of the dark trees, he even looked radiant.

‘Who do you think you’re looking at, stupid?’ It is Daehyun. His brown eyes are staring at you. You were so intrigued by the miracle that you didn’t notice he had come back to life. But, you can’t lose to him now; you have to pretend that you know everything that happens. ‘Well, you’re too ugly to be looked at, so I don’t think it’s you I’m looking at,’ you snap quickly.

‘I’m so sorry that I just came back to life,’ muttered Daehyun. He briskly stands up, brushes the dirt of his back and walks away. ‘Come on,’ he calls out with his back still turned. This guy. He just got resurrected and he walks away like it’s his hobby. ‘Who are you calling out to?’ you yell. Daehyun turns back. ‘The phoenix of course!’ he says with a chuckle. ‘The last person who a phoenix resurrects is its master.’

Daehyun struts away arrogantly, laughing loudly. Your phoenix gives a happy little hoot and tags along behind him. This is the end. You’ve lost your key. This is even worse than a scratched key. ‘I’m sorry, Lee Seung Hoon…’ you whisper. You’re best friend… your plans of revenge… snatched away from you because of your own kindness. It’s a cruel world out there.

The End. >.<

Thank you so much for reading but… you have died… ( : Let's go on an adventure again...? :D 

 

Click here to go to the beginning. 

Click here to go where the paths divide. 

Click here to go to your last decision. (The story/character personality may differ from this)