To Cry, Or Not To Cry, That Is The Question.

Tears of a Phoenix

 

Ehe- This time I let you choose Daehyun’s fate. (: Enjoy.

The rope that binds you to the tree is starting to loosen. Ah, freedom, you think to yourself. You wearily stand up, trying to freehandedly close up the huge gash along your arm. ‘You are going to bleed to death,’ says Daehyun bluntly. Even though your mind is foggy and her body is full of pain, you can clearly notice the emphasis that Daehyun on the words ‘bleed to death’, and how his eyes kept nervously flickering to the golden phoenix.

‘So, why not I stab you right here,’ Daehyun says loudly, tracing his dagger around the area of your heart. ‘Right where it hurts.’ Without further ado, he raises his dagger high in the air; a maniac smile is on his face. You can feel your end nearing. The sharp end of the dagger would pierce right through you and you won’t feel a thing. Then, you can be in heaven with your best friend; the real one. You shut your eyes, trying to lock in your mind every single happy feeling that you remember, every single emotion you have experienced, every tear you have dropped, and every rainbow you saw.

‘I think that’s far enough.’ What? No pain? No river of blood? No sounds of a hysterically laughing Daehyun? Is this heaven? You open your eyes to see Lee Seung Hoon and Youngjae holding him back. You breathe a sigh of relief, but not even a mountain could compare to the amount of tension you were feeling before.

Drip. Drip. Droplets of blood were dripping on your clothes. But they weren’t your own, they were Daehyun’s. The dagger that was supposed to stab you, straight into your heart was plunged into Daehyun’s. His eyes were wide open, and he looks lifeless. You feel like you should celebrate his death, but it right now, at this moment, you feel like it is the last you want to do. It feels so wrong to watch Daehyun die, even though you feel so much hatred while he is living.

Your little phoenix chirps. It watches Daehyun, and as it did so, you could feel an aura coming from it. It felt sad, and mournful. Before you know it, your phoenix lightly lands on top of the dagger on Daehyun’s heart.

You can predict what is going to happen even though it hasn’t even begun yet. Your beautiful, golden phoenix was going to cry. And it’s sacred, sparkling tears were going to heal Daehyun. Was this what Daehyun wanted? To be healed by the phoenix? To receive the tears of the phoenix?

Daehyun POV:

I’m not dead yet. But… hell I’m close to being dead. I’m holding onto to the edge of my darned life, and waiting for the stupid phoenix to heal me. What does it feel like to be healed? Will I be immortal after I am healed? Immortal. The simple mention of this word makes me smile. I want to experience it. I want to know what immortal is. I want its power running through my veins. Yes. This is all I want… I am sure… 

What are you going to do? O.O Are you going to stand there and let the phoenix do what it wants? Or are you going to let Daehyun die?

Click here if you give your phoenix permission. 

Or click here and let him die.