Tell the Devil I said 'Hello'

Tears of a Phoenix

You can feel your hands shaking as your fingers automatically slide to the gun’s trigger. By now, you would expect Daehyun to be shaking in fear, calling out for help. But no, he is standing there, smiling like a Cheshire cat.

‘Go on,’ he says maliciously. ‘Point the trigger at me, straight at my heart and shoot. After all, I did kill your friends; Jongup and Yong Guk, the two clowns.’ You tremble with anger, your fingers too numb to pull the trigger. ‘But,’ he continues conversationally. ‘You wouldn’t know the secrets of the ashes.’

You lower the trigger slightly. Daehyun’s smile grows bigger. ‘Maybe, if you do something to it, maybe you can tell the phoenix to bring your best friend back to life. ‘But,’ he sighs sarcastically. ‘I’m the only one who knows how; and my life is coming to an end. I’ll die with a secret no one knows about… just like those friends of yours…’

For you, that was the last straw. Who cares if you don’t know how to use it? If you just kill him and take the ashes, you can figure it out yourself. Bang! Bang! Bang! You pull the trigger of the gun, your eyes shut, hoping and praying that he is going to be dead.

You open your eyes to see Daehyun had vanished. Where is Daehyun? Crunch, crunch… The sound is coming from behind you. You turn around to see Daehyun’s mischievous face, smirking at you, a knife held in his shaking hands, covered in blood.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. You see Daehyun suddenly move. You hear a loud scream come from your own mouth. You feel such an extreme pain that words can’t even express. You fall to the ground, too weak to get back up.

You clutch your chest, just on your heart, the place that Daehyun struck so simply. You can’t feel anything anymore. ‘The phoenix isn’t here to save you anymore,’ Daehyun snickers.

That’s right. This is only the second time you have felt such agonising pain. The pain of death; but only this time, no one was here to save you… You can feel everything coming to an end: your search for the phoenix, your new friends, and your time to have revenge on the person who killed your friends.

‘Tell the devil I said “Hello” when you get there,’ you hear Daehyun whisper as your eyes shut, not having a single worry in your mind anymore.

The End.

Sorry you have died... have another adventure...? 

 

Click here to go from the beginning. 

Click here to go from where the paths divide. 

Click here to go from your last decision. (The story/character personality may differ)