Chapter 23

I love you, you you you.[DISCONTINUED]

Play this if you may~ The Trouble with Love-Kelly Clarkson

“I miss you babe,” Kris replied. I really do.

Ara blushed and looked down. “I miss you too,”

“Look at me when you said that,” Kris nudges her chin upwards with his long index finger, “Say it again,”

“Kris,” Ara said. Then Kris twirls her around awkwardly. She followed his lead. In the drama, twirling around a girl looks easier.

“Yes babe,” Kris said after she was back in his arms. Both of them somewhat lost in their own little world as they both gazed deeply in each other orbs.

“If you keep doing this, I’ll be getting mixed signals,” Ara said.

“What mixed signals?” Kris asked in low velvety voice. Mixed signals? 

“Like you like me back?” Ara said.

She really likes for me real? He looks disturbed for a while then he was back to his smooth, composed expression. “Does it mean that you like me?” He asked back in daring tone. I’m scared for your answer Ara though I wish you would say yes.

“I asked you first,” She poked Kris broad chest with every words that come out from .

Kris smirked with her response then put her hand around his neck, which was resting on his arms before. She smells incredibly nice. “Maybe I do, I uhmm,” Kris speech was interrupted as someone pull Kris arms away from Ara. Oh come on guys, I seriously gonna blow off this person.

It was Jessica. Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon ws tagging along behind. Jessica flashed a fake smile at Ara then pull Kris for a hug. “Happy Birthday Li Jiaheng,” Jessica cooed. Kris is a little shocks but he plays along and hug Kris back.

Yuri, Yoona and Hyoyeon high-fived Kris and wishes him birthday. “Thanks girls,” Kris said. Yoona, Hyoyeon and Yuri leave to meet Chanyeol.

 

“Thanks Sooyeon noona,” Kris said. Kris then focuses his attention back to Ara. She looks like she got something on her mind. Kris turns his attention back to Jessica as he felt the long slender fingers are tugging his arms.

“Yes, noona,”

“Come on, let’s hit the bar,” Jessica cooed.

“Uhm, okay. Sure,” Kris couldn’t deny the attraction whenever Jessica is around but the butterfly might have gone.

Ara stared at both of them until Kris shook her shoulder. “Hey Earth to Ara. Are you there?”

“W-what?” Ara said, she sounded surprised..

Jessica scoffed and then Kris chuckled. “We are going the bar to get some drinks. Come and join us?” Kris asked. Cute.

“You know I don’t drink Kris,” Ara said.

“You don’t drink Ara? What age are you now, so childish,” Jessica joked.

“Well but still you could join us. Come on?” Kris asked again.

“Unnie,” Amber cooed and hugged her from back. Behind her Sulli and Krystal was tagging along.

“Guys let’s join us over the bar,” Jessica offers.

“But unnie we can’t drink,” Sulli said with a perplexed expression.

“Oh come on, just one night won’t kill,” Jessica said. “Krystal, you are coming?” Jessica asked while casually linking her arms with Kris. Kris didn’t notice the Jessica’s skinship and still looking at Ara.

Krystal nodded and went over to Jessica.

“But Ara unnie can’t drink,” Amber said while landing her heads on Ara’s arms.

“Tsch, so are you joining us not?” Jessica said while twirling her hairs with her fingers.

Weird, I used to think that act is cute and now it just plain annoying to me. Kris thought to himself.

“I’ll stay with unnie,” Amber said with a bright forced smile.

“No fun Amber unnie. So Sulli how about you?” Krystal asked with a bored expression.

Sulli shifted her eyes between the Jessica-Krystal-Kris and Ara-Amber nervously. Finally she went to Ara-Amber.

Jessica scoffed, “You are no fun Jinri. Jiaheng come on,” Jessica tugged Kris arms.

Kris smiles and defenses Ara, “That’s her choice Sooyeon noona. You are sure you are not coming Ara?” Kris asked while squeezing Ara’s hand. Baobei, for once I can see a jealous expression flash on your face.

Ara shook her head. “Go on birthday boy. Go on and have fun,” Ara said while trying to free her hand from Kris. Just like that she is letting me to go to Jessica? Fine, is that the way it is.

Jessica and Krystal chat along while they were walking towards the bar. Kris couldn’t any words since his mind is running with thoughts. Ara really like me? And why am I getting scared from her confession. I like her back right. I do?

“So, I mean it is the funniest thing ever. Right Jiaheng?” Jessica’s nasal squeals bring him back to reality.

“Yeah, uhm sure,” He fakes a chuckle.

He looks around then he saw Lay downing another a glass of alcohol. He fights himself from stopping Lay. Maybe Lay needed this, I’ll talk to him later. He scrunches his forehead in confusion as he saw Lay fixing up his shirts. Maybe he just trying to score a girl.

His heart doesn’t feel right, staying beside Jessica and Krystal. He should have stay with Ara. Then, he flicks his eyes around looking for Ara. His eye follows Lay. Then, he saw Luhan, Tao, Lay and Chen are joining Ara, Sulli and Amber.

“Yes, noona,” He responded as he feels Jessica’s casually rested on his shoulder. The weird that he got instant shudder not because of his nervous, but some tinge of annoyance is hitting him.

“Let’s go the to rooftop. I heard they said they view is much nicer there,” Jessica giggles. She looks a bit drunk to him.

“Yeah, come one. Let’s go. I need a fresh air too,” Kris’s eyes wander to Ara and he saw she is having fun.

Jessica leads Kris to the rooftop and squeals as the she opens the exit to the rooftop. “Ah, it is so pretty. Look at the sky. Though I don’t think there is stars,” Jessica giggles.

Kris nods. She looks a like a little child.

“Li Jiaheng, Wu Yifan. Why you have so many names?” She giggles and suddenly she hiccups. “Oops,” She covers with both of her hands and take a step backward away from Kris.

Kris chuckles, “You are somewhat tipsy noona. You wanna come back down and go home,”

“Nooooooo. Kris, I have to tell you something,” Jessica suddenly looks shy and looks down.

“I’m listening,”

“Kris, I’ve been thinking about your confessions and the way I reject,” Jessica speaks out after a moment of silence.

“I rather not talk about that,” Kris looks away. Maybe because the feelings are there anymore.

“I rather we talk about it,” Jessica walks towards Kris.

Kris looks away, he suddenly feeling shy. “Because I,” Jessica put Kris’s both hands on her shoulders. “I think I like you back,” Before he could respond, Jessica is already on her tiptoe closing the dangerously small distance between his face. Jessica’s lips landed on his. Flashes of Ara’s hurt expression on his mind.

Abruptly, Kris takes a step backward from Jessica. “I,” Jessica touches her lips.

“I’m sorry noona. I, what the,” Kris turn his attention as he swears he could a female’s voice scream. Sounds like Ara.

Kris quickly runs to the exit and he opens the door. Inside, he found Lay and Ara in a position where he couldn’t tears his eyes away. Lay’s hand is Ara’s wrist and waist while Ara’s hand on his chest. “Ge, she was all over me,” Lay responded. What it this?

Ara looks away from Kris and pushes away Kris and takes her leave. “Lay,” He raises his voice a little.

“Jiaheng!” Jessica suddenly comes into the picture.

“I h-have to go,” Trusting his guts, Kris goes after Ara. He swims in the sea of people and excuses himself as he is passing through. “Ara. ,” He curses as he just misses Ara by bit as he sees the elevator closes on him.

“Come on, come on,” He punches the elevator button with hope that another elevator will opens to him. An elevator came and he quickly enters. He punches the basement level button, which leads to the parking lot.

“Come on, come on,” Kris tries to put the puzzle together. Why is Lay with Ara in that position? Why did Jessica kiss me? Why now?

When he goes out the lift, it just him that he don’t know where Ara parks her car. Following his gut, he runs around aimlessly. Then, he found Ara’s car only the driver is Thunder. What is he doing there? Well, at least she is in safe hands, I think.

“I have to talk to Lay,” He whispers lowly. Not wanting to cause a scene, he waited until the party is over but he stays quite a distance from Lay and Jessica. Even in the car, he ignores Lay. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Lay is a bit fidgeting.

“I’m bathing first then Lay is after me,” Kris speaks out as they reach their dorm. This draws attention as usually Kris always offers himself to bath last as he acknowledge he spends quite a long time in the bath. Lay soundlessly nods. Luhan nudges Lay’s arm for some responses. Lay only sighes.

Kris sits at the in front of his make up table while drying off his hair with hair dryer. Then, he takes his sweet times in moisturizing his hair. As soon as he finished brushing his hair, Lay come into the room from bathing. “What were you doing with Ara on the stairs, in that position?” Kris said while still looking at the mirror.

“I think that already explains everything,” Lay said while drying his hair with his towel.

Kris pours a toner on his palm then dab to his face while facing Lay. “ I don’t understand,”

“You are really asking me while doing that,” Lay asks and raise his eyebrow.

“It keeps me calm,” Kris said.

“It pisses you off that we are in that position right? Ara looks nice but who knows inside she is just wild yeah,” Lay said casually.

Kris takes a deep breath then, angrily take the moisturizer bottle to put on another facial cotton. Then, he roughly placed the moisturizer bottle on the desk with a loud thud.

“I know you are not like that Lay nor does she. So, what is really your motive?” Kris said, trying not raise his tone.

“Look, I don’t like her. She, she is distracting you. Plus, it is just some reality show. You shouldn’t get too involved in it. It is gonna end and, and you are gonna be hurt,”

“I know the consequences, Lay.”

“Do you really know it? Or are you just pretending that you know it? Are you going to let some girl broke your heart again?”

“I will be fine Yixing. Tomorrow, I want us to meet Ara. I want you to apologize to her,”

“What, no way! You look like a fool in love, like when you had a crush with Jessica noona ”

“Jessica noona is a past,” Somehow like a weight on my shoulders is lifted off.

“Really, is that why you let her drag you around in the party just now?”

“I was confused, but I’m no longer now,” Kris whispers the last five words.

“Really?” Lay asks in a cynical tone.

“I know what are you trying to do, Yixing. You are trying to protect me I’m more than thankful for that. But what you do is over the line. So, tomorrow we WILL go to her house and you WILL apologize to her,” Kris said.

“Yeah, whatever,” Lay lays down on his bed and closed his eyes.

“I’ll drag you off your feet or even lift your over my shoulders to bring you tomorrow to his house,”

Lay didn’t answer him and Kris let it be.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

 “Damn Kris, put me down,” Lay hits Kris’s back as he was on Kris’s shoulder.

“I already warn you right,” Kris smirks. He lifts Lay likes he is weightless. Kris toasts him into the taxi. Thank god, both are them in covers.

He realized that Lay blushes and only chuckles. He pulls the seatbelt over Lay and put his hand over Lay’s waist in case Lay decides to escape. Lay nearly cursed at the intimate contact.

“Geez, chill Lay. You are acting like a child,” He whispers near to Lay’s ears.

Lay almost blushes whenever he does he initiate intimate skinships. He had a lot of fun in teasing her. The weird thing is only he manages to made Lay blush. Sometimes he can’t help to wonder if Lay might have feelings for him. Geez, no way.

Lay crosses his hands over his chest and looks past the window during the journey to Ara’s house. He pulls off the seatbelts and smirks as Lay blushes again. “Come on, get out. Or do I have to drag you over my shoulders again?”

“I can walk by myself fine,” Lay pushes off Kris then exit at the door besides him. Lay quickly slams the door on Kris’s face, then, he runs. With some quick thinking, Kris quickly opens the door and takes off his shoe. He quickly throws the shoe on Lay back with some power that it produce a loud whack.

As Lay turn around to scream at Lay, Kris runs to him. “That hurts!” Lay screams.

Kris smirks and scoop off Lay on his shoulder. “Tsch, I ‘ve already warn you. Come on,”

He pushes the elevator button and in even the elevator he still won’t put Lay down.

“Wu Yifan, put me down!” Lay screams his head off.

“You are acting like a girl, Lay. Be silent please. If you are girl, I would kiss you to shut you up,” Kris jokes.

With that words, Lay shut up. “Are you blushing again Yixing?” Kris teases. Kris put Lay down on his feet as he feel Lay seems calm down.

Lay blushes and studies his sudden interesting shoes. Kris tilted his head in confusion. “Zhang Yixing, do you have feeling towards me?”

“No!” Lay screams but still he didn’t raise his head.

“O-kay. Whatever you say, “Kris whistles. “Come on,” Kris grabs Lay’s wrist as the elevator door opens. Lay stay silent and obediently follows Kris. Kris knocks the door of Ara’s house.

His hope crushes down as he is greeted by Thunder’s face. “You are still here, why? Did you spend the overnight here?” Kris figures Thunder would only stay a while but spending overnight with Ara.

“Really, I should be the one asking what are you doing here, early in the morning?” Thunder cockily asks.

“I want to meet Ara,”

“She cries last night back from your birthday party. And it is no rocket science to figure you are the cause of it,” Thunder said.

“That is the reason, I came here to explain,”

“And what is Lay-shi doing here too? To help you explain some messy you have done to her?” Thunder asks.

“Can’t you just let us in?” Lay interjects. Lay hates the way Thunder interrogate Kris.

“No, get out” Thunder glares at both of Kris and Lay.

“No, I won’t leave until you let us in. Ara!” Kris screams.

“No! Get out!” Thunder roars.

“No! I have to explain to her,” Kris roars back and let go Lay’s hand. He pushes the door back down and end up Thunder nearly fall off his feet.

“Get out before I,” Thunder grabs Kris collar.

“Before what?” Kris provokes. Lay tries to pull Kris away by pulling his shoulder.

“God, what is happening? What are you doing here Kris, Lay?” Ara’s eyes widened as she saw Kris and Lay standing there in her living room. 

“God, what is happening? What are you doing here Kris, Lay?” Ara’s eyes widened as she saw Kris and Lay standing there in her living room.

Ara, you look like a mess. You look like you cry your heart out. Oh this guy is here. At least, you are not alone last night. Kris thought to himself.

Ara pulled Thunder and somehow both of Kris and Thunder are apart from each other with Lay and Ara between them. “God, what are you doing here Kris? Cheondung calm down,” Ara said while holding back Thunder with such difficult.

Thunder smiles in mocking towards Ara he noticed Kris in deeper anger as Ara hold the former’s hands.

Her focus travel back and forth between Cheondung and Kris for explanation. “What is he doing here Ara?”  Kris hissed low. He looks surprised and upset.

“This is my house and he comes in with my permission. While you and Lay-shi come here announced and making ruckus here. Don’t make me repeat my question Kris,” She stared at him for a while then her gaze lowered to his lips.

 

He sighed like he could read her mind, “Yixing here need to explain something,” Kris managed to said it out calmly and his attention shifted towards Ara then to Lay while remain ignorant towards another male who had grimace expression. Kris got boils up whenever he saw the other male. She must be having the image of Jessica kissing me last night. 

 “I’m all e-ears,” Ara manages to speaks out.

Lay sighed and looked down, “I’m sorry f-for whatever h-happen last night,”

Kris looks at Lay as he heard Lay’s Sorry-Not-Sorry tone. This guy.

From the tone of Lay speaking he wasn’t that sorry and it connects the puzzle. “I a-accept your apology. You w-were drunk,” Both Ara and Lay know he was well sober when it happens. A surprise and relieved expression flashes across Lay’s face for millisecond.

“Well if that’s all, I really hope you both can leave.”

Kris looks like he wanted to say something then he stops himself as his eyes flicker towards Thunder. I’ll explain my side of story when this little is not here.

Thunder was getting impatient as he was being ignores by the other three. “Well the lady said herself, you both can leave,” He went to the front door and opened it.

Kris stared at Ara who was avoiding his eyes.  At least look towards me Ara, it gives  somes kind of assurance.

Lay leave first while Kris reluctantly followed him. Cheondung gladly ushered both of them out of the door and was smiling until the end of his eyes forms wrinkles.

That smile, Thunder. Tsch. “Come on, let’s go back Lay,” He walks with his shoulder slumps down.

“Ara is not as nice as you think of. She had a guy in her house, spending overnight,” Lay said.

Kris glares at Lay. Getting his last sense of calmness in his head, Kris takes a deep breath. “From whatever you have done to her last night, any girl wouldn’t be fine. Thunder is there to take care of me. Plus, I’m at fault too,”

Kris sighes again. Maybe I should give her some time today. I’ll call her tonight. Hopefully, we can meet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh, you are back? Everything is settled already?” Suho asks as they both enter the dorm.

“Yeah, somehow,” Kris mutters and walk to his room.

Gah, why falling for someone is so hard? First, Sooyeon noona, then Ara. Urghh. She looks like a mess. If Thunder and Lay weren’t there, I would grab her and hug her tight. G-Dragon did gives me warning.

 

 

A/R: Double update! At Chapter 22, I try to potray EXO in real life based on those facts that I just read. *wipes invisible sweats* Hope I do it justice. Hehee. Oh please comments and subscribe if you haven't. The chapter after this I will write from Kris side story too. Writing from Ara side of story is really tiring. LOL. Oh well, hope you enjoy these two chapters. <3