Chapter 22

I love you, you you you.[DISCONTINUED]

It is another chaotic morning in EXO dorm with EXO-M is back in the Korea. They are back here again to prepare for the year end shows’ performances. The twelve guys are reunited again, thus loudness, clumsiness incident and anything goes to that definition are unavoidable.

 

“Lay, pick up your boxers right now. It has been laying down in the living room since you arrived here,” The manager orders.

 

“Hyung, Chen change toothpaste content with my cleanser content,” Tao whines.

 

“Chen! Change the content back,” The manager screams. A loud laughter from Chen follows after that. “Chanyeol and Baekhyun stop your antics of bickering and clean up your room right now,” The manager orders as he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun is bickering, again.

 

This time Baekyun point out that he left Baekhyun sleeping alone in the room with Chanyeol fighting back that he doesn’t remember when sleep-walks and end up sleeping at the couch.

 

“Suho, please help me in the kitchen. Kai, get out from the kitchen. And don’t touch those carrots, “ DO’s voice echoes from the kitchen.

 

“Xiumin, your time in the bath is already up. It is time for Luhan next,” The manager said while picking up Lay’s boxer off the carpet.

 

“Chen, stay away from my bed,” Luhan said before he enter the toilet.

 

“Xiumin, please wake Lay and Kris up,” The manager said to Xiumin who was just got out from the toilet. Xiumin nodded and went to Lay and Kris room. Both Lay and Kris still have their eye-masks intact to their eyes.

 

Xiumin shakes his head as he saw those two are in deep slumber. “Birthday boy wake up,” Xiumin shake Kris’s leg. Then, he goes to Lay and tickles the latter feet. Lay wiggle his feet and continue to sleep. Xiumin decides to wake Kris up as wakin up Lay is kinda hopeless and eventually he will wake up on his own.

 

Xiumin smirks as he got a sudden genius idea. He goes to the table beside the bed and then he tooks out his own handphones from his pocket. He starts to dial Kris’s number and put it back into his pocket. When Kris’s phone rings, he quickly shakes Kris’ shoulders, “Kris, Kris wake up. Ara is calling,” Lay covers his head with the pillows.

 

With his eye still in deep shut, Kris search for his handphone, “What, what,” Kris clears his throat and pick up the phone. Xiumin chuckles and quickly put off the call. After he heard there was no response from the other side, he put down the phone and continues snoring to dreamland.

 

Xiumin again calls Kris’s handphones. “Kris, Ara is calling. Pick up your phone,” This time Kris had faster response but Xiumin is faster in putting off the calling.  Xiumin silently chuckles. Lay suddenly sits up and opens his eyes halfway. Xiumin’s eye enlarges to the size of a golfball as he sees Lay wake up.

 

“Aish since when you turn into Ara-babo Ge?” Lay whines to Kris. Kris mumbles incoherent thing then went back to snoring.

 

“Why are you angry? Finally, he is off from being Jessica-babo. At least Ara is nicer to him,” Xiumin said then he goes out from the room.

 

Lay follows him out and said, “But he is being a babo again. Aren’t you concern about him? Maybe Ara is just being nicer because it is on TV,”

 

“She wasn’t being all that nice from the start. But slowly I can see she softens up to Kris. Plus, Kris is happier in Ara-babo mode,” Xiumin said.

 

“Fine, when it is my turn to bath?” Lay said and settles down beside the manager on the sofa. “Oh my boxer, I miss you,” Lay said then took it from the manager’s lap.

 

“Lay, I’m done. You are next,” Luhan said while he goes to the living room in his t-shirt and towel around his waist.

 

“Luhan, wake Kris please,” The manager said while picks up another shirts on the arms of the sofa. “Oh please wake up Sehun too. Only you can handle his temper in the morning,”

 

Luhan nods. He goes to his room, which he shared with Sehun and D.O. Sehun got a little temper whenever he wakes up in the morning and only with Luhan he cools down a little. “Sehun, wake up,” Luhan pats Sehun’s back. “Wake up, before I throw a pail of water onto you,” Luhan warns as Sehun only responded with grunts. Then, Luhan picks up a paper on the floor. The paper was scribbled on with poem; no doubt it is Sehun’s. “Sehun, wake up!” Luhan raise his voice a little.

 

“Ahh, fine!” Sehun sits and whine lowly.

 

“I think Lay has finished bathing, go take your bath now,” Luhan said while wears his boxers. Sehun whines incoherent words and grabs his towel. He knocks the door loudly,” Yixing ge, ppali!”

 

“Geez, I’m coming out,” Lay said and goes to his room. There, he found Kris is on the phone.

 

“You must explain yourself why you didn’t come to my birthday party yesterday………You could have come after that?” His tone changed to cold.

“Watching this couple antics in the morning,” Lay whines lowly. Lay guessing Kris is talking over the phone with Ara,since last night when they had birthday party for Kris with the fans Ara didn’t come.

“The party’s not the same without you……..Yeah, but my number 1 fan is not there with me,” Kris glums up and pouted his lips to the image he looks like an angry bird.“I know. Anyway, Chanyeol and me will be having a birthday party tonight in Hongdae club. And you ARE going to come.” Kris ordered.

He invites Ara again. Ah, she probably coming up with excuses later in order avoiding coming to the party. Lay thought to himself as he wears a boxer.

“Well don’t get intimate with the co-actor.I get bitter with the thought of you and co-actor,” Kris mutters lowly as he just realized Lay is also in the room.

Lay goes out from the room, as he dislikes Kris in Ara-babo condition. Kris sighed in relief as he watches Lay leaves the room.

“Kris, are you being jealous?” Kris heard Ara’s response.

“Obviously, can’t you see? I’m your bias,” Kris scoffs.

“Yeah I guess so. Uhm I gotta go, bye” Ara hangs up the phone after she said that. Immediately, Kris regrets teasing her. He quickly messages her.

‘Why did you hang up first? Did I said something wrong?’

Kris runs his hair through his fingers. After he sure that Ara is ignoring her again, he goes to out the living room. Guess I just have to wait for tonight, huh. He pats Ace, the alpaca and Ara, the bearbrick.

Kris gulps another a glass of Coke as he send another message to Ara asking for her whereabouts. And she replies she is running a bit late. It is okay, i can wait for her. Luhan, Xiumin, Lay, and Chen are dancing on the dance floor. Lay had been avoiding him from the morning. That is very Lay, bottling up all his feelings. Kris still considering either confronts him or waited until he erupted in anger.

Kris move his attention towards the main door with some hopes that Ara would be one that walking through any minute. Girls’ Generation came in. He waves to them and they waves back. Kris suddenly feels nervous as he sees Jessica walk in to the club with Krystal. He waves to Jessica as they got into eye contact but Jessica only nods back to him.

Kris got really confuses with the way Jessica been treating him. When he first landed his eyes on Jessica, he fell in love at first sight. The way she flips her hair dramatically after she wins an argument, the cute scream that she let out when she got scared, the way she pouted when she is upsets, and of course those heavenly voice.

He teases her a lot and at first, she was ignoring him. Later after he debut, she started to treat him nicer. Maybe she finally sees some light on him. Now, occasionally in public she likes to act like she is close with Kris. Not that Kris minded. The thing that bothers him is, when it is just between them two she is cold towards her. He disregard that she is just being shy especially after he accidentally confess his crushes towards her.

She blew him it off saying the crush would go away. Thus, he takes her advice but the butterfly in his stomach whenever she is around is still there. The 180-degree character that Jessica change into is what shock Kris is the most. The skinship in public. The way her hands casually links with him, sometimes she intertwined her fingers with him. Again, not that Kris minded.

But something been bothering him, Ara. With Ara, he teases her a lot since he found out that Ara has a crush on her even before WGM. But Ara brushes him off like she never had one. It intrigues him that he keeps getting attracted to her. He likes the way Ara puffs up her cheeks when she is trying not to get mad. The fact the she laughs even at little things or sometimes flusters.

“Earth to Kris, helo?” Luhan said while waving in front of him.

“Huh,” Kris stared at him.

“Come one birthday boy, time to blow the candles,” Luhan said.

“But Ara would be late. Can’t we wait for her?” Kris almost pleads.

“Tsk, no can do. Everyone is waiting, come one. Chanyeol is getting fidgety waiting to blow his cakes,”

“Fine, “ Kris sighs and complies to Luhan’s wish. I won’t blow the candles until you arrive.  He message that to Ara hoping that Ara would arrive any quicker.

Chanyeol waves excitedly as he comes approaching Chanyeol. He stands beside his Chanyeol and everyone started to sings Happy Birthday. Chanyeol and Kris claps along with the song.

“Make a wish Jiaheng,” He heard Jessica squeals.

I wish EXO to be more successful, for me to be a good leader, for Ara and me to have a good ending. I mean, wait what did I just thought?

He blows the candles with Chanyeol. Chanyeol takes the microphone from Baekhyun, “Mic check one two, one two. Just kidding, I know this microphone is working,” Everyone chuckles as he said that.  “Everyone, I wanna said thankful for coming to OUR birthday party tonight. You know the presence and the PRESENTS is enough to make us happy. Thank you for all wishes, we wishes the same for you. Thank you,” Chanyeol then passes the microphone to Kris.

“Ah, thank you for coming. Uhm, I hope you enjoy yourselves. Okay, let’s partayyy!” Kris cheers.

Kris hangs out the bar, as the person that he been waiting still hasn’t arrived, Ara.

“Hey bro. Happy birthday!” Zhoumi said approaching with Siwon tagging along behind him.

He gladly hugs Zhoumi and Siwon. Zhoumi and Siwon always been a good sunbae to him since he was a trainee.

“Hey, how are you?” Siwon pat his back as he hugs Kris.

“Never better,” Kris smiles.

The three of them chatted for a while; catching up since it was months they three meet.

“Sure, basketball anytime,” Zhoumi suggested.

“Yeah, like you play,” Siwon teases him.

Kris chuckles then, he stops as he heard the sound of someone clearing his throat. In front of him, Luhan is standing with Ara with his hand rested on her backs. Kris glared at Luhan and made an eye-signal for Luhan to put his hand away. Luhan smirks then, pulls back his own hand to his side.

“Oh hey Ara-shi. You are finally here. “ Zhoumi said. Siwon nodded at Ara and Ara nodded back at him.

 

Play this if you may ~ Summer Love-Justin Timberlake

 

“Hey Kris, happy birthday!” Ara said.

 “Hey Ara. Finally, you here. Let’s go the bar,” Kris said suggested in ordered tone. He nods to Siwon, Zhoumi and Luhan then snakes his hand on Ara’s waist. He casually pulls Ara closer towards him. He can her gasps and can’t help to smirk. He guided her towards the other side of the bar and they both grab stools to sit on.

 “Anything for you babe?” His velvet voice asked.

Ara stared at his lips as he said that then back to his eyes. “I’ll just take Coke. I can’t handle my alcohol that well. “ She looks really fine tonight.

“Really, what will you if you get drink later?” He smirked as he lean in closer towards her.

Ara decided to play around and lean closer to until the tip of their nose nearly touched. “I will be using my aegyo so much that you will be dreaming for it for nights,”

“Really, I like aegyo,” Though surprised with Ara counter’s attack, Kris tilted his head getting a good view towards her lips.

They both stared at each other for a while and only breathing of both can be heard. Her eyes are really beautiful. Why haven’t I noticed before?

“Noona!” Tao’s voice suddenly echoes beside them. Ara pulled away with her face in crimson red while Kris scoffed and pulled away. Perfect time Tao, you couldn’t pick a more better time than to interrupt.

 Behind him was Chanyeol who was following him while fixing the collar of his shirt. 

 

“Hey birthday boy! Chanyeol-shi, I bring you something,” Ara smiled and brings out a little box from her handbag. “A gift for you,”

Chanyeol excitedly takes the box from Ara, “Thanks noona! Can I unwrap it now?”

“Yeol can you at least wait until we reach home?” Kris slapped Chanyeol’s back. Chanyeol pouted his lips and hold tight to the box. He stared at Ara with big doe eyes.

 “Your birthday, your call Chanyeol-shi,” Ara said. As soon as she said that, Chanyeol quickly unwrap the gift with Tao watching. A silver Bvlgari was in the box.

“Thanks noona.. I’m gonna wear this and show it off to everyone,” Chanyeol passed the empty box towards Tao and wears the watch on his wrist.

“Oh I nearly forgot. This is for you,” Ara passes to him a small birthday card. Hey, what. I want a birthday card too Ara. I only got bearbrick from you. Not fair.

Chanyoel takes the car and read it. He squeals then went and hugged Ara tightly. He lifted her off her foot and squeals, “Thank you noona, Thank youuuuuu. I love youuuu. Thank youuuu,”

Ara awkwardly patted him back. “Chanyeol, your welcome,” Kris literally glaring with laser towards Chanyeol reaction. “I think you can put her down now Chanyeol,” He said between his gritted teeth. Grr, Chanyeol if glaring could kill you’ll be dead meat now.

Chanyeol sheepishly put her down as he managed to calm himself. “Thanks noona, I’ll see you around. You go on and continued what you did just now with Kris hyung. Come on Tao,” Chanyeol flashed his teethy smiles and drag the reluctant Tao with him. Kris ignores the pleading that Tao gives to him. So much for distraction.

“The birthday card was from Dara unnie,” Ara explained. 

Like she could read my mind. Kris nodded and sips his drink, “So where we were just now?” Kris leans again towards Ara. This time the tip of their nose touched.

“Eww get a room hyung,” Chen high-pitched voice disturb them this time. Lay , Xiumin and Luhan follow behind them. Luhan and Xiumin was smirking with their hands on each other shoulders while Lay was giving Ara that unsatisfying expression. Geez, can’t everyone read the Not Disturb sign with whatever we were doing just now. That smirk, Luhan, Xiumin. And Lay, he is still avoiding me. I wonder why but he is scrutinizing Ara like that? I don’t feel good about this.

“Go away,” Kris said and gesture with his hand.

“Oh come on hyung. Some one got older and crappier huh. Hey noona!” Chen said sat beside Kris and ordered Coke.

“You are not drinking Ara?” Luhan asked as she saw Ara’s glass. Ara shook her head. “Oh come on loosen up. Give her something minor strong bro,” Luhan said to the bartender.

The bartender put the shot glass in front of Ara and walks away. Luhan and Xiumin stared with urging expression while Lay stay uninterested. Chen seems tempted by the drinks instead. She gulped slowly and her eyes flicker towards Kris for help. Kris smirked and took the drink in one shot. Though I tempted to see her aegyo, but she only can her aegyo to me.

Lay suddenly pay attention and glared at Ara then he shook his head and leave. “Kris you are no fun!” Luhan whined. Xiumin glanced at Lay then he looks at Ara and shrugged as Ara was as perplexed as him. Kris glanced at Lay and sighed. Chen looks upset at the empty glass. Chen give up and went to get him a beer.

“Is there something I need to know about Lay?” Ara whispered and rested her hand on top of Kris’s hand.

Kris lift up his head and smiled. 2NE1 song I Am The Best was up play in the club. Kris took Ara’s hand. “Come on it is my jam!” Kris leads her towards the dance floor. Kris swear he could feel an electric zap as he touches her hands.

“Chensing machine you are coming?” Luhan said while Chen drowning another bottle of beer. Chen raised his hand and said; “Ill be there,” Xiumin shrugged and Luhan lead Xiumin following their leader.

Kris wraps her around Ara’s waist and pulls her closer while glancing for Ara’s responses. She raises her eyebrows and stared back at Kris, “Well some one is a bit daring today?” She asked.

 

“I miss you babe,” Kris replied. I really do.

Ara blushed and looked down. “I miss you too,”

 

 

A/R: His side of story~