Round 4: All or Nothing

The Sky Is The Limit || Writing Contest (CLOSED)
how to play:
1.╎ Each contestant will be assigned to a "round table" and competing against 4 or 5 people. Each contestant will be told via pm which round table they are in.

2.╎ Each contestant will be given  2 "cards" via pm. These cards are aspects they must include in their story.
example) Contestant A's 2 cards are kaistal and vampire AU. Contestant A must use this pairing in their story and set the story in that AU verse. (Whether or not endgame will be kaistal is up to Contestant A.)
 
3.╎ Each round table will then be dealt 5 additional "cards". Each contestant must pick 3 out of the 5 "cards". Thus, each contestant will have a total of 5 "cards" they must use in their entry.
example) Contestant A is in Round Table #1 and their two initial cards are kaistal and vampire AU. Round Table #1's 5 cards are "you must incorporate time in your story. be it the concept or the word or even the actual time", character death, prompt: "If you play, you play for keeps. Take the gun and count to three", angst, hallucination. Now Contestant A must pick 3 of the 5 cards given by the house (the judges) in addition to their initial 2 cards to make a "hand" of 5 cards to use in their story. Contestant A's hand may wind up looking like so: kaistal, vampire AU + prompt, character death, hallucination.
 
4.╎ Each contestant will be given a joker card with a predetermined ability. This joker card will be given via pm. The joker's ability will be determined by the judges & can only be used to substitute 1 of your initial 2 "cards".
example) If your joker's ability is to change a pairing & one of the initial "cards" given to you was kaistal, you can use your joker to request a change in pairing. But the judges will be the ones determining the change. Note that everyone will have one joker card in the beginning. Once you use a joker, it cannot be redeemed in future subrounds.

5.╎ The winner of each round table will advance to the next subround and will also be rewarded another joker.

6.╎ This will go on until there is only one champion. Also, for every joker the champion still owns, they will be rewarded 150 karma points.
how to enter:
1.Must comment below with the password. Choose from one of the following as your password: hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades
 
2.Must have pm open. So basically you have to befriend a judge. At least until this round is done lol

3.Must complete entry in 3 weeks. No exceptions! No 'my internet's down or I have tests'. Sorry, we're trying to keep this contest going. Plus, it will be extremely unfair to others who managed to finish on time. We understand sudden circumstances, but there will be no exceptions this time. So please consider your schedule  before entering this round. Space is limited. Please be considerate to other people wanting to join the contest but are unable to do so because of space limitation.

4.╎ Each entry must have the following. If the entry doesn't have one of the following, the contestant will be disqualified. No exceptions.
 
Follow this checklist:

a) must be  finished & marked complete by due date
b) must link our contest either in forewords/description
c) must state what your 5 "cards" are in forewords/ description. If using a joker, please state that too and the designated "ability".
 
Side Notes:
1. There is no such thing as "swapping" cards from contestant to contestant or from round table to round table. Don't even try.
2. Contestants are allowed to tell other contestants what "cards" they possess. Revealing your "hand" does not affect your chances of advancing to the next subround or hinder you at all.
3. Judges do keep track of everything. So the chances of anyone bluffing their way to the next subround are nil.
 
*subject to change if there's an overwhelming interest in this round
 
 
 
 
 
the sky is the limit
"imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein.
 
In celebration of our contest's first anniversary, we are proud to present our grandest round yet! Welcome to TSITL's Texas Hold'em Style Tournament! The grand prize for this special rounnd will be a choice of our gift sets listed in chapter one & a chance to gain some karma points. This tournament will be limited to the first *100 participants. So hurry & sign up now!
 
Start Date: 04 October 2013
End Date:  25 October 2013 EST --> click 'end date' for timer