FAQ

The Sky Is The Limit || Writing Contest (CLOSED)

A/N: I'll be posting all the questions that have been asked. If I think of more, I'll be updating this section. ^^


FAQ:

1. Where do you ship?

I ship domestic and international. I don't care where you are on the globe, I will ship your prizes to you. So long as you provide me with a VALID address. (If you are a winner and are under 13, please get your parent/guardian's permission before giving me your address. Thank you.)

2. Is shipping free?

I will be paying for the merchandise, sales taxes, shipping fees and customs fees (if there are any). You will not be paying for anything. Okay, well maybe you'll pay me with a giant smile on your face when the box containing your prizes arrives on your doorstep. ^^

3. How many winners are there?

For each round, there will only be ONE winner. Unless stated otherwise. I'm sure there may be a round where I'll have difficulty deciding a final winner between two beautiful entries. If that happens, I may make them both winners. But unless I state that there will be two (or more) winners, please assume there will only be one winner per round.

4. Do I have to use a prompt? If so, how many prompts am I limited to?

No, you do not have to use a prompt. If you have your own prompt/idea, go ahead and use that for your story. These prompts are merely there for inspiration (for those who want to write something, but can't think of anything). 

You may use as many prompts as you want. Or none at all. It's all up to you.

5. Is there a word limit? Can it be a oneshot? Does it have to be a chaptered story?

As it says in rule #8, there is no word limit. Yes, it can be a oneshot or a chaptered story. Heck, you can even submit a drabble.

6. Can I submit a story that was written for another contest? Can I submit a story that is written after 08/29/2012, but not initially for your contest?

No, sorry. Your story must be new and only for this contest. You should also indicate in your story somewhere that it's for this contest.

I simply can't allow stories that are already written and not intended for this contest to be considered entries.  This is to be fair to all writers who specifically created a brand new story just for this contest.

7. How many entries are you accepting for each round?

As many entries that are submitted until the deadline of each round. The numbers you see in chapter 3: Received Entries are merely there as a placeholder. The numbers will go up as the number of entries increase.

8. Can I get a beta reader to proofread my story?

Of course you can! In fact, I encourage you to do so if you feel your story is lacking in terms of grammar and the likes. There are plenty of beta shops floating around AFF (which I'm too lazy to find and link to). 

Another thing, if you have a beta reader as your co-author, do tell me beforehand. Because in the case of a co-authored story winning, I will be discussing prizes with both winners via PM. So unless you want to share your prizes with your beta reader, who is coincidentally your co-author (someone who did not write the story with you), please do let me know. 

9. Are the prizes up for grabs available every round of the contest?

Yes, the prizes are there for every single round of the contest. So let's say the winner of round 1 picks set 3 as their prize, I'll ship set 3 to the winner and set 3 will still be up for grabs in subsequent rounds. (Does that make sense? O_O)

10. If I am a winner of one round, can I enter another round of the contest?

Sure, why not! You're welcome to enter every single round. The main purpose of this contest is to encourage more writing. So if you want to enter, I won't stop you. ^^

11. Is this a scam? Is there any guarantee that the winner(s) will get their prizes?

This is most certainly not a scam and I am being 100% genuine when I say I will be paying for everything and that the winner(s) will get their prizes.

Still skeptical about whether or not the winner(s) will actually get their prizes after winning a round of the contest? Well, maybe this will ease your mind. After the winner(s) give me their address, I will immediately place the order from the merchandise website. When the order is placed AND the website sends me the confirmation email about my order being successfully placed, I will provide a copy of that email as well as the invoice of the merchandise order to the winner(s).

I do NOT, however, guarantee that I will reorder the prizes should they get lost or damaged in the mail.

That is not my responsibility. I know that sounds extremely mean and inconsiderate, but I am the sole person paying for everything and as I cannot foresee any future mishaps, I don't think I should be held accountable for prizes that are lost and/or damaged in the mail because I have no control over that. I order the merchandise directly from the website and it is shipped directly from the merchandise provider to the winner(s). That means I do NOT get to see the merchandise and validate that everything is in excellent condition. Please understand.

12. Where are you getting the prizes from?

I'll be ordering from various sites. Here are the ones I'll be ordering from: yesasia.com, kpoptown.com and possibly kpopheaven.

But the primary places I'll be getting the stuff from will be yesasia.com and kpoptown.com. I have ordered from yesasia.com before and have had friends order from kpoptown.com. They are genuine sites and are providing genuine merchandise.