004

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THE AGREEMENT 
Look at me, Jung Daesom.

 

 

"Where is Kai?" The teacher asked, as the students slowly filled up the empty seats in the detention room. No one answered, or rather, no one dared to. Kai was a member of an influential family, and reporting on him would be the same as ruining your own family. Therefore, no one dared to do anything to the young, rebellious man. Girls decided to touch up on their makeup in preparation for the rumored bad boy who finally got caught in detention, whilst the boys were just grumbling in frustration as they look at the time, hoping for the time to get pass quickly so that they can go home. 

 

The teacher sighed. There is no way for him to be able to control the students in this pretigious high school. It's either to acknowledge the fact that they can never win against students or ignore it and be prepared to get fired the next day. He flipped open his file and was prepared to write down a report in regards to Kai's absence in this detention session when the door slammed wide open. There stood the young man with his hair flowed in a wild mess, the top two buttons of his white shirt was undone, exposing a clear sight of his collarbone, and his lips... glistened bright with a light shade of red.

 

He stepped into the room, his eyes never once glanced at the teacher who had been mentally stabbing daggers at him for being tardy. He sat on one of the vacant seats and kicked his legs up, resting them on the desk as he leans back in a comfortable position. He wasn't planning to come here in the first place, but with Daesom handing him the detention slip personally, his legs just brought him here.

 

He was just hoping that she'd be here instead of this old, ugly man in front of him.

 

"Kai-ssi, please keep your legs down." The teacher warned, but of course, he'd never listen.

 

"Kai-ssi-" Buzz. The teacher's phone rang on the teacher's desk, vibrating loudly. He picked up the phone and answered the call, his eyes glanced at the students as he tries to concentrate on the call. "Yes, yes. I understand. I'll be there now." He ended the call and cleared his throat. "Something urgent came up, and I'd need to have it fixed. But I'll call up someone to assist me in keeping an eye on you guys, so please, no funny business." And before the students can protest, he dashed out of the detention room. 

 

Kai tugged his hands into his pockets and yawned. This is boring. Everything's boring without his friends or anyone he can talk to. He kicked and got up from his seat. He wasn't planning to stay anyway, since the girl he had been looking for wasn't anywhere around here. She's probably in the council room. He knew. Because she is in fact, the secretary. He walked towards the exit, pulling the door open and took a step forward, ready to leave when a soft voice halt him back right there. 

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Ice cold. Her voice buzzed in his ears. So cold, yet it warmed his heart knowing that she was just right there. Jung Daesom's brow arched slightly, though her expression remained stoic. She was just standing a few steps away, and in her hands were a stack of papers and also a silver stapler. 

 

Council work was his first guess, and it was right. He was always right. He pursed his lips and watched as her eyes furrowed slightly and tilted her head towards the room. Get in. That was what she was gesturing him to do, so he did. Wordlessly, his heels turned and he entered the detention room again. He didn't know what has gotten to him. He wasn't one to allow someone to control him just like that. But with Jung Daesom, every will, every resistance he held seemed to nullify regardless. 

 

He was just like a puppet, and she was the puppeteer that pulls his strings.

 

Shuffling sounds can be heard when the girl step into the room, silence followed her as she places the stack of papers on the desk. Snickers, he heard from the girls who clicked their lipstick cap shut. Once again, Kai tugged his hands into his pocket and propped his legs on the desk. He was going to make sure that he'd irritate her, so much that she'd finally snap out of her cold exterior.

 

So that she'll finally look at me. He held back a smirk that threatened to appear on his face. 

 

"This is boring." He heard one of the girls grumbled. The next thing he hears would be the sound of chairs screeching the ground, and then footsteps. "Oppa, let's leave~ It's just the nerd anyway." One girl batted her lashes at him. He turned to them, brows raised as he sneaks a short, quick glance at the cold, harsh winter who had already settled down on the teacher's desk, clipping the documents for god knows what reason. He bit his lips. True, he had always enjoyed the attention he had been receiving from the girls, but there was always this huge chunk in him that craves, desires for that one person's attention. 

 

He desires for Jung Daesom to look at him, but she never does. 

 

"Ahn Haeri-ssi, Kwon Aeri-ssi, Kim Joohae-ssi. It would be a great help if you would spread the noise elsewhere." She pressed the stapler with a loud clip as she commented on the noise that the girls were creating in the room. Lazily, she eyed them a short glance before turning her attention back to the papers. She needed to have this done by today for it to be sent to the teacher. She had no time to deal with noisy brats like them.

 

Because unlike them, she knows better than to enjoy their luxury life now.

 

Kai furrowed his eyes. In his pocket, his hands were clenched tightly when she didn't bother to spare him a single glance. It was unfair that she was giving the girls a fair amount of attention when she didn't bother to spare a single glance at him. He clicked his tongue and took a hold of the girl's arm and pulled, tugging her on his lap as he leans in, whispering sweet lies as his eyes continue to stay on Daesom.

 

No reaction. He clicked his tongue. He wasn't going to get a reaction out of her for this. He knew it. Because Jung Daesom never cares. She never bothered to. Ever since they first met, he was always the one who tried his best to talk, to break through the cold, thick barrier that she put around her. But he couldn't, he never succeeded. Not even once had he managed to form even one small crack on the thick walls that she put up. 

 

The girl giggled, her breathing brushed against his skin as he wore a cocky smirk on his face. Girls. He nuzzled close to her exposed neck, his eyes though, still lingered on Daesom.

 

Unwary, was the girl when she tapped the small stack of clipped papers on the desk with three loud thumps, arranging them nicely and set them aside. Her eyes wondered, casually glanced at Kai before she continued to clip the papers. She wasn't going to care, she never does, and that got the young man burning in frustration. He was pissed, he was annoyed that the girl never shows even a single sign of emotion that indicates that she is, in fact, human. 

 

She just never cares. He felt the girl wrap her arms around his neck and slowly pulled him in. Then, he felt her lips, but his eyes were still fixed to the girl who wasn't even looking at him.

 

Why won't you look at me? He tightened his grip around the girl's waist and pressed harder. It wasn't as if they were strangers, it wasn't as if they weren't anything of that sort, so why isn't she showing any reaction that she was supposed to show? Why can't she be like how normal girls are?

 

Why can't she be jealous?

 

Click. She set the stapler on the desk and looked up. Her eyes shown boredom as she allowed a sigh to run pass her lips. Jung Daesom wasn't stupid, she knew what Kai was up to. She was aware of his blazing gaze, his hidden intention for showing such an obscene manner before her face. At the same time, she knew exactly that he wouldn't stop until she give him what he wants. She shook her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter