034

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

INTRODUCTION 
Purple lilacs for the new found bliss.

 

Her feet felt light, skipping on stepping stones even though she wasn't exactly showing how much anxiety she was feeling at the moment. It was her first time sitting in front of the lone light waiting for his phone call. "I'll be back." She heard his soft whisper this morning before the sound of the door closing in the background. When she wakes up, all she sees is a white box set on the dresser. A white ribbon was attached to it, and beside the box was a small flip card.

 

"Wear this. I'll see you in a bit." She recognizes his handwriting. Slightly messy, but it was a beautiful handwriting. She found a light smile playing on her face when she opened the box. It was a simple white dress with a flower attached to it. She pursed her lips and approached the closet. She'll put on this dress that he had chosen for her. 

 

She pulled the strap.Eyes landed on her reflection on the mirror. Unwarily, she found a light blush swiped across her cheeks. How is it possible for him to figure out her clothing size? She pressed her lips thin and turned to the dresser. She needs to get ready before he comes back. She carefully combed her hair, loosening her hair that tangled at the long end.

 

What else is there to do? She nibbled her lips, uncertained. Should she have done a second check? What should she bring along with her? She should calm down, but how could she? This was the first time she had been asked out by someone. Nevertheless, her supposedly fiance who never bothered to court her back then. She took a glance at the time. It has been a few hours since he left, what could he have been doing? She wondered, lips pursed as she props herself onto the couch.

 

It's boring. She hugged the pillow and pulled her knees close to her. She had been waiting for hours, anxiously anticipating his return. But the young man does seem to be taking his own sweet time in this. Uncomfortably, she leaned against the arm rest. What is he doing now? She wondered. He said that he'll be back, but it has been hours. He said that he'll see her in a bit, but he hadn't came back since then. 

 

Where is he? She could have called, but the hesitation was holding her back from taking her phone. What will that make her if she called? She never initiates a call. She barely knew how to communicate with Kai. What is she supposed to say when she calls? She stared at her phone, the screen was black, an enclosed blank space.

 

There was a light knock on the door when she had unlocked the phone screen, about to dial his number. She paused, brows frowned at the door. Kai has the keys, so he should be able to enter the door without problems. So who was it at the door? She got up from her seat and approached the door. She checked, finding the young man rubbing the back of his neck as he looks around the place. He seemed nervous. She thought as she opens the door for him. 

 

There was a pause. His movements froze the moment he heard the door. She noticed him nibbling his lips when she opens the door. "Hey." His voice was stiff, hand tightly pressed behind his back as he pulls a smile at her. She noticed a rustling sound at the background, and the slight peek of silver wrapper behind his back. There, she pressed her lips thin. She knew what to expect, but she won't ruin it for him.

 

He still wasn't talking though.

 

She frowned at him. Kai was just staring, eyes literally dug through her soul. She felt exposed, unveiled before him even though she was fully clothed. Stop staring. She would tell him that, but he had cleared his throat and pushed the bouquet he was hiding behind his back to her. Purple lilacs, she blinked her eyes and turned to him. Of all flowers... She found a light blush on his cheeks as he rubs the back of his neck. 

 

"Let's go?" He smiled, and she shook her head in response.

 

Taking his hand, she followed.

 

 

He had brought them to an amusement park. A cliche place, but that was all he can think of. Kai had initially regretted his choice of location, but the moment he sees sparks in Daesom's eyes, he thought that he picked the right choice. He was glad that she had enjoyed everything, that she was able to relief herself from the pain that she had endured for so long. She is free now, free from the pain, the past that haunted her. Kai's hand nervously fiddled with the square in his pocket.

 

Exactly how is he supposed to do this? His mind is a blank. He had never gone on an actual, proper date with anyone at all. Daesom was the first, and possibly the last person he'd ever go on a date with. He might have sounded like an expert to Daesom, but to be honest, he was more than worried, and possibly anxious about the date. He wanted everything to be perfect for them both. He needed it to be perfect so that Daesom wouldn't forget about this for her lifetime. 

 

But all these nervous feelings fluttering in his stomach... They weren't exactly helping him. Who's side are you on, damn it! He mentally cursed his heart for skipping when she unconsciously pulled a soft smile whenever she was pleased at something. Daesom is pure, almost too innocent that he was going to hurt himself for pressing impure thoughts to her outfit. He had chose that for her, but he wasn't expecting her to actually wear it.

 

White looked beautiful on her. He smiled softly at the thought. 

 

"Hey." He called, and she turned around. There it was, the light, adorable frown that'd set above her round, bambi eyes whenever she was confused. Daesom has always been clueless, a trait that Kai had caught without her knowledge. She might have been academically intelligent, but Daesom wasn't exactly the sharpest person. She wouldn't know how adorable she looked when she's confused.

 

He chuckled at the thought. "Aren't you hungry?" He asked, and she blinked her eyes in confusion. Hunger. Right, she had too much fun in the amusement park that she had forgotten all about her grumbling stomach. Unwary to herself, she had a light, embarrassed blush on her cheeks when she heard the grumbling sound coming from her abdomen.

 

It felt worse when she heard Kai chuckle then.

 

"Don't laugh..." She muttered softly, even though that wouldn't stop Kai from laughing at her. He had tried to hold back the laughter, but the sight of Daesom not being Daesom was foreign, generally a refreshing feeling for him. He liked how comfortable she can be with him now. She would finally smile, she would finally open up. 

 

He smiled and took her hand. "Let's get you something to eat." She glared at him when he guides them to the nearest restaurant they can find. 

 

It was one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter