026

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PALE CRIMSON 
Tainted petals that scattered around broken pieces, she had fallen as well.

 

He is nowhere to be found. The man who promised that he will never leave disappeared without a single presense. Not even a strand was left behind. "He didn't come again?" Lay asked, brows furrowed as he lifts his head from the file. He had been trying to contact Kai for the past few days, but the latter hadn't respond to his calls. Exactly where is that man? Lay couldn't figure anything out. He sighed and eyed the poor girl who was staring at the window lifelessly, eyes wondered aimlessly as her limbs fell loosely by her side. Where are you? Lay's frowned deepened. Why did you leave her here? 

 

Daesom was more than just a lifeless soul. Her friends visited the other day, but none of them knew where he went. He did not attend school, nor was he at home. He was just... Gone. His existence was wiped off just as simply. He promised that he'd stay, he promised that he won't let her go. He promised. So exactly where is he now? Daesom couldn't figure it out. Her thoughts wondered mindlessly. Has she done anything wrong? Did she say anything wrong? She was confused. She couldn't remember saying anything to him at all. All she said was for him to take his time, but did he really take her words to heart?

 

Where is he? Her lips ran dry, crackled by the plump as she stares out at the blue sky. His promises, his voice... Every word crashed, repeated like a broken tape. "I'm not letting you go, Jung Daesom." She couldn't feel his warmth by her side. "I already said I won't leave." But where is he now? 

 

Painfully, her heart ached. The muscles tensed, contracted to her ribs as she clenched onto the quilt that covered her pale, immobile legs. Everything hurts, it's both physically and mentally exhausting to think about Kim Jongin now. She dropped a soft sigh and closed her eyes. Could he have finally gave up? She didn't know, but the rushed cold chills that crawled to her pale skin was convincing her that it might have been the case.

 

Has he finally decided to stop? Her thoughts were cut off when the door pushed open. Through the days where he wasn't here, there was someone else who would drop by every now and then. Kim Myungsoo, the man whom she thought had no significant meaning in her life, a blind man who never resents the gods for his misery... He would occasionally drop by to visit her, talk to her, smile at her even though he knew that she'd barely respond to him. She had the necklace attached to her neck, but he wouldn't know. He couldn't see. 

 

And there he is, smiling again. "Hey." He greeted her as he takes a seat by the side. He was so used to it now that he knew where the chair was, and where she'd be at. Daesom pursed her lips, her eyes softened when he brought out the same set of sweets. "Surprise?" He tilted his head lightly, and she couldn't help the chuckle when he gave her the bag.

 

"Thank you." She uttered softly and pulled the silver ribbon. It's funny how his wrappers were always black. She thought as she picks up the round sweet and popped it in . The ball was sweet, sugary, gently melting down to as it soothens her heart. Her lips lifted up slightly. She needed this, she thought as she places one in his palm. "Here." She said, and he raised an eyebrow. "It's for you though." He said, and she shook her head.

 

"Have one." She pushed his palm to him, and he chuckled. "Thank you." He said and ate the candy. The man smiled, though he couldn't see anything other than the darkness that sealed his vision, he smiled at her warm, comfortable actions. Jung Daesom is a kind, gentle lady. He knew that. She's strong-willed, unnecessarily stubborn at times, but she's a good person. She'll be fine. He thought and closed his eyes. There is nothing to worry about. His lips dropped lightly, but he managed to pull it back up before she can see.

 

He was just talking. Making small, unnecessary conversations that she found humorous. Daesom smiled lightly. If she wasn't sick, if Myungsoo wasn't blind, they could have been hanging out in the nearby cafe. She didn't mind Myungsoo's presence. It was refreshing to have him by her side, even though he was just talking nonsense when he said that he managed to eat four bowls of kimchi stew for lunch back then. It helps. She thought. Having him here distracts her from the unwanted thoughts that had been bothering her every night and then.  

 

"Daesom-ssi." He called, and she tilted her head lightly. Her brow was raised lightly as he brings out his phone and place it to her hands. "Can I... Ask for a favor?" He asked, and her brows furrowed at his soft words. Sure, Myungsoo was always softspoken, but why does he sound so... Sad now? He was always smiling, always looking so happy that she had looked over the fact that he is also only human. 

 

Daesom pursed her lips, not uttering a word as she observes Myungsoo. He wasn't really saying anything now, but he will eventually. 

 

"Please befriend my sister." He gave her a soft eye smile as he pats the back of her palm. "Please."

 

It was a ridiculous request. Daesom couldn't possibly agree to that favor. But she did. In the end, she couldn't go up against his soft pleads. She nibbled her lips as she tries to hold back the uncomfortable clench on her heart. The unsettled feelings, the uncomfortable thoughts that stirred in her mind aimlessly crackled.

 

She had an idea of what's going to happen. Myungsoo figured when he heard nothing from Daesom. But he continued to smile. "I'm going to be alright." He tried to reassure her, but she wasn't convinced. She never was.

 

There was a knock on the door, and she fidgeted. Her eyes were rounded when she noticed the light flare in the man's eyes when he shifts his gaze to Myungsoo, who wasn't aware of his presence. Daesom's fingers trembled under Myungsoo's palm, her lips pressed when his eyes met hers. Why does his seemed... Sad? Myungsoo heard footsteps, and that's when he finally took his hand back. 

 

"Kai-ssi?" He called, and the man stopped his tracks.

 

Kai's brows frowned lightly. He was going to glare at Myungsoo for touching Daesom, but he couldn't. His heart was pulling uncomfortably the moment his eyes sets on Daesom. She was looking at Myungsoo, and her eyes were drowning in despair when Myungsoo decided to get up from his seat and walk to the door. He parted his lips. He was going to greet her, but what she said to Myungsoo surprised him.

 

"See you tomorrow!" Her voice was shaking. Myungsoo can hear it in her voice. His hand tightly gripped onto the doorknob. How should he respond to that? He wondered. With that signature gentle smile of his, he turned back and chuckled lightly. "I'll be there." He smiled and pulled the door open. 

 

Kai's knuckles drained white at the exchange. Exactly what has happened during the days where he was absent? Why did Daesom say that to Myungsoo? He was flaming, it was a roaring storm in his heart when Daesom continued to look at the door. Was it just his imagination, or does her eyes look longing? Saying that he was jealous would be an understatement, but saying that he's furious would be exaggerating as well. He couldn't figure out exactly what he was thinking right now, for all he knows, he wanted to pull her back in his arms and make her look at him.

 

"Why is he here?" He blurted as he walks up to her. She wasn't talking, but her eyes were telling him that she wasn't going to entertain him at all. She turned to him, her eyes remained still. Her lips were drawn thin, flat beneath her emotionless eyes that were staring at him. "He's here because you weren't." She said, and his shoulders tensed when she picked up a candy and popped it into her m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter