013

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

LIES 
Everybody lies. The only variable is about what.

 

"Hey Kai." He eyed the elder man with a dark glare as soon as he felt his hand on his shoulder. Oh Sehun had been teasing the living hell out of him for 'being rejected' by Jung Daesom, and now what? Is Luhan going to do the same? He furrowed his eyes when Luhan decided to take a seat beside him. He lifted his phone and raised an eyebrow. "Just a curious question." Luhan turned to his phone. "I mean, fine, maybe I did call when it's far too early for you, but not bothering to call me back? Seriously?" He clicked his tongue and lightly punched Kai's shoulder.

 

"He's probably dreaming about Jung Daes-"

 

"Oh Sehun." D.O spoke up, and Sehun pursed his lips shut. The boy was getting out of hand, and he needed to be stopped before Kai actually bursts. Kai glared at Sehun, who shifted his gaze away, and turned back to Luhan. "Sorry, I was just..." Thinking of her. He found himself tongue tied the moment he recalled the reason he didn't bother to return the call. His mind was occupied by the thoughts of her leaving him that he couldn't even see or hear anything.

 

Come to think of it, Jung Daesom must have really despised him now. He just accused of her for sleeping around with men when he was the one fooling around with women. He didn't even have legitimate, physical evidence to prove his theory, and he jumped into conclusions thinking that she was cheating. It was just the thought of her not caring that ticked him off. The fact that she never bothered to tell him that she wasn't coming home pisses him off.

 

It pissed him off knowing that it made him worry, that it made him care. 

 

He ruffled his messed locks and got up from his seat. "I'm going to calm myself down..." He muttered and approached the door. He was going to cool it off, to remove her out of his mind. He thought Lay had an answer to forget about her, even if it means for him to crack his head open, he just wanted her out of his system. This attraction, this care was starting to get clingy. It was starting to get obsessive to the point where he thought he should just admit himself to the psychiatric ward. This addiction was bad. It kept her image spiralling in his brain, it kept him alerted of her presence... It made him want her. 

 

He reached for the doorknob and cracked the door open, just enough to hear Lay's voice by the hall. "So, Kai huh?" He blinked his eyes, confused. What about him? He swung the door and walked out. "Hey Kai, are you still mad-" Sehun joined, and turned to Lay who shifted his gaze to them in question. "Hyung, who are you talking to?" Lay smiled and pulled the phone away from him. "Patient." He said and looked at Kai. 

 

Kai frowned. Why was he asking his patient about him? Why mentioned his name? He had questions that he couldn't even ask when he heard light squeals from the background. Turns out, girls had snuck into the private lounge hoping to achieve a great catch for their pocket money. It was just his luck that girls happened to find him by chance while strolling down the sound proof corridor. "Omo! It's Kai oppa." The girl, he couldn't remember her name, she swung her arms around his neck and grinned. "It's been awhile." 

 

Lay frowned slightly. What is this? He was confused. Didn't they mentioned that he liked Jung Daesom? I mean, they didn't. But they mentioned that he was rejected by her. That was a form of like, right? Sure, he is a cassanova, but if he likes someone, shouldn't he stop all these by now? Why is he allowing a girl to swing her arms around his neck now? The action was sort of intimate, and sort of... uncomfortable to look at. He shifted his attention back to his phone, but all he sees is his home screen. Jung Daesom had ended the call without uttering a word nor sending a message indicating that she was busy. 

 

Lay clicked his tongue and kept his phone back to his pocket. He was used to it. Jung Daesom always hangs up. Sure, she was a patient assigned to him months... Technically a year back. This patient wasn't exactly cooperative. She practically jumped into fire by requesting for medications while he tries to diagnose her illness. Aspirins were just general painkillers, something temporary until he'd be forced to give her something stronger, something that can kill her faster. The prescription was supposed to tone down the attack, but it didn't seem to be that useful after all.  

 

Think, think, think. Zhang Yixing. Chest pain, shortness of breath and rapid pulse was far too general for precise diagnosis. Yes, it could be the heart, but he wasn't exactly sure. The rapid pulse could have been there since birth, judging from her medical history. Chest pain was regular in each attack, and shortness of breath is far too general to be precise. It could have been the heart, it could have been the lungs. Better yet, it could have been the brain that's doing funny business with her body. 

 

"Get off me." He looked up, blinking his eyes at Kai who shoved the girl away. He looked rather annoyed, and definitely uncomfortable with the girl who insisted in clinging onto him like a koala. Sehun was annoyed as well, but he thought that Kai would insist in keeping this girl. Who knew that the cassanova was going to kick the girl off the booth and turn back into the lounge? He grinned playfully and followed along. 

 

Lay, however, didn't follow along. True, it should be amusing to see Kai not being a cassanova for once. But he had something else occupying his t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter