010

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

INSANE 
This crazy attraction he has for her, it's insane.

 

Cold. She saw his face today. Cold, stone. She recalled, though there was nothing she can do about it. He was pissed, downright mad at her for wanting to call off the engagement. No, he was furious after knowing that she had been trying to break it off for years. Daesom dropped a soft sight and walked. Everything seemed rather bright today, unusually and uncomfortably, she stepped into the precinct. Pink and red. She noticed two colors held in girls' hands as they rush into the building, giggling among themselves. She proceeded to enter the building. Those are none of her business. She thought and walked down the hallway.

 

It was just that day of the year anyway. 

 

She took baby steps down just to find the entrance to her classroom swarmed by a large crowd. The two colors were present, and there was an immediate frown on her face. She stood there, bored as she tries to find a way to squeeze through the crowd without the need to converse with anyone. It wasn't like she didn't want to, she was just hoping that she didn't need to.

 

"Nerd, step off the hallway." She heard Aeri scowl, but her expression remained unfaze. She stared, eyes cold as she shifts her gaze to the crowd. They were all staring, glaring at her for blocking the path. She turned around, sensing the presense of warmth behind her back. There he was, standing still with his group of friends. They fidget under her cold gaze and turned to Kai, who furrowed his eyes at her. 

 

She shifted her gaze and walked through the crowd, into the classroom without uttering a single word. She wasn't going to argue with Aeri, nor is she going to do anything about the gifts that he was going to receive next. She was just going to be quiet, flat silent about this. She dropped her bag on her desk and propped to her seat. Quietly, she flipped the pages and scanned through the lines. Footsteps, she knew that they were approaching the desk next to her, but she didn't bother to look up.

 

She couldn't.

 

"Oppa, please accept this!" She heard them, but she wasn't going to budge at all. There are more things that are of her concern. There is the engagement, and then there is that hidden torture that haunted her every night. She placed her hand over her temples, gently massaging the spot as her brows furrowed uncomfortably. Her head was starting to spin painfully due to the noise.

 

Come to think of it, how much did she intake yesterday? She breathed deeply, realizing that she had taken more than she was told. The pain might have reduced, but that was just a temporary effect. Soon enough, she'll need something of a higher dosage. Something stronger to suppress the pain that will consume her whole. She clenched her hand that was placed on the table and gulped. She needs to head over there later, to the place where she wished that she didn't have to go to. 

 

A place where she'd start to fear. 

 

"This is the newly released CK cologne! I had to pre-order it, but it's all for you, oppa!"

 

"Who needs cologne? Oppa, this is the latest series of MCM's stark backpack collection!"

 

Kai tsked and dropped his light bag on his desk. He was still pissed, but there was nowhere to rant all his anger on. He could have just vent his anger and frustrations on her, but no, he didn't want to. Simply because he promised himself that he wouldn't care anymore. He was going to vent all the frustrated feelings, the unsatisfying anger and his wounded pride on the girls that were throwing themselves at him, but no, he couldn't. The almost non-existant hesitant held him back, pulling the moment he caught the scent of her familiar vanilla scent. You can't not care. 

 

He cursed and propped himself onto his seat. Jung Daesom isn't going to care even if he makes out with a girl right before her face. She wanted to leave, she wanted it. He tightened the empty grip and leaned back, eyes closed tiredly as he sighs. She didn't want this. He knew that already, so why did he overreact yesterday? It was an expected action coming from Daesom. She had been cold, she had been brushing him off as if he wasn't any of her business. He should have gotten used to it by then, but why does it feel as if she was going to throw him away this time? 

 

He unwarily showed that he cared, and that was his mistake.

 

"Oppa, happy valentines day~" He heard Haeri's squeak as she props herself onto his lap, ignoring the fact that he was in fact, not in the mood for games. He was exhausted, frustrated with how Daesom can simply cast him aside as if they were strangers. He breathed, recalling how her cold gaze landed on him, and without any sign of fidget, she turned away.

 

Daesom's ears picked up the light squeal from Haeri beside her, and she stiffened lightly. Again. She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. They were going to be at it again, beside her, where she wouldn't even bother to care. She pressed her lips thin and flipped the pages, her eyes tried to focus on the words, but only found herself repeatitively go through the same word, over and over again. She couldn't concentrate when her ears were picking up unwanted, disgusting noises from the side. It was disturbing, and unintentionally, her grip tightened on the book. 

 

Stop it. She breathed, trying not to look. Don't feel anything. She reached to adjust her thick frame. Don't let him know. The page tore slightly, and she let go of her grip when she heard a soft oof coming from the side. Kai pushed Haeri away.

 

"I'm tired." He furrowed his eyes to the girls who pouted at him. Haeri her lips, satisfied that she had tasted his lips and turned to the girls. "You heard him, I'll be taking care of oppa today." She grinned as she plays with his tie that was loosely hung around his neck. "How's that, oppa?" She whispered in his ear, though there weren't much effect on him. He wasn't aroused, nor was he excited at all. It was just as boring as how other girls tried to talk him to bed. It just wouldn't work. 

 

Nothing would work if it weren't Jung Daesom anyway.

 

Suho cleared his throat. "Hey Kai-"

 

One loud slam, and everyone in the room flinched at the loud impact. Daesom got up from her seat, eyes dangerously darted to him as her fingers brushed, sliding the book carelessly from the desk. Kai's group froze, bodies stiffened straight the moment her eyes landed at them. Her gaze was the glacial blizzard pain, penetrating his heart like icicles piercing through his skin. And you wonder why would she do that? He nibbled his lips, jaw clenched when she simply walked pass without a word. She didn't even bother to say anything this time. 

 

He couldn't even hear her voice.

 

The cold, distrust gaze that she gave him hurt more than the times where she'll walk out on him. That look crushed him more than the times where she wouldn't even look at him. Her attention was on him, but it wasn't what he wanted. He didn't want her to look at him like that. He tightened his jaw, eyes dropped cold as he heard Haeri click her tongue. "Tsk, that scholar is probably going to talk behind our backs." She smirked at her friends, who laughed along. "That's all she can do anyway." They grinned among one another. 

 

But Kai wasn't laughing. He never laughs or show any response whenever the topic was related to Jung Daesom. How could he? She may be the cold, expressionless bride, but she is still his bride. He couldn't bring himself to laugh along to something he knew wasn't true. Jung Daesom never bad mouths. She never bothered to. It was almost as if her heart was born untouched, dead in the winter fall. She never feel the need to do anything that isn't beneficial enough for her. 

 

And to her, he probably wasn't significant enough for her to feel. 

 

Quietly, he watched as the rest started to goof around in the classroom. His friend Suho took note of his silent self and frowned. "What's with Kai?" He whispered to D.O, who shook his head. "Jung Daesom." He whispered softly, careful not to let anyone else hear their conversation. He nodded. They still didn't know what's on to Jung Daesom and Kai, but there was just this something about them that contributed to the uncomfortable tension in the room.

 

Jung Daesom never looks at Kai, which was odd enough judging from how nearly all the female population were practically head over heels for him. Kai just has that effect on any girl. One glance, nothing much done, and they'll be smitten to bits. 

 

But Jung Daesom... She just never looks. She was always staring at her book, always looking ahead. She never glan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter