Graduation and Wedding Plans

My Pet

 

I didn’t know that three years could pass by so fast.

                It was like it was yesterday that I first found him lying on the street, cold and alone.

                In these three years a couple of events took place.  One was Junmyeon and Yixing’s wedding about two years ago.  I was asked to be Yixing’s best man and it was a lot of fun.  They adopted a baby girl just last year named Hani and it makes me yearn for a kid, too.  But, now I can have one because Sehun is graduating today!  Two, Taoris also decided to get married and again… I was a best man… I swear, it was really hard thinking up all these speeches.  They had their wedding in China, though, which was new since all the other ones were in Korea.  They had it in the park where my parent’s ashes were scattered and Sehun and I finally told them about our plans for marriage.  I wondered what they thought about it, but I really hoped they didn’t hate me for it.  We also got a dog which we named Honey the third.  Well, we didn’t say “the third” but whatever.  She’s a little golden-colored Chihuahua who always likes to Sehun and me during our intimate moments. 

                All in all, I’d say our life has been almost perfect.  We hardly fight since we know what makes each other mad and we strive to not anger the other.  Honey is like our child, for now.  My anxieties about owning another pet has vanished and my depression is gone.  Sehun hasn’t showed any signs of depression either. 

                Today, we’re only getting closer to completion. 

                Sehun-ah is graduating today and I feel like my baby is finally going into the real world.  He already has job offers being thrown at him even though he’s already had his heart set on this high-paying studio that is apparently globally known and the choreographers that work there have worked with Super Junior and other k-pop stars.

                “Sehun Oh.”  The dean announced and a very happy Sehun walked up proudly and took the diploma, bowing to her even though he was supposed to shake her hand.

                Idiot, after living in America for four years, you don’t even know the mannerisms?

                Speaking of which, I’d say I’m pretty fluent in English now that we’ve been here so long.  I still have an accent but it’s not as bad as Sehun’s.  I’ve tried to write articles in English but my translator says that I’m bad at spelling even though my grammar is pretty good.

                After the graduation, Sehun ran up to me in his robe and hugged me around the neck. 

                “We can get married now, Lulu!”  He started jumping up and down in excitement and I chuckled.

                Even after three years, he’s still childish as ever.

                He started to strip himself of his robe, revealing his actual clothes underneath. 

                “Ready to start planning our wedding?”  I asked, kissing him on the cheek.

                “Of course.”

                “Are you excited?” 

                “What a stupid question, silly.  Are we going to celebrate my graduation in any other way?”  He questioned, not-so-subtly letting his eyes wander downwards.

                “Ew, when did you become such a ert?”  I joked, smacking his arm and he laughed.

                “I’m just kidding, come on, let’s go home.”

                When we got home, we immediately got onto the laptop, browsing different wedding planners and discussing who we wanted to invite.

                “I rather just have a small wedding with just our friends and family… well the family that supports us.  We don’t need people ruining our wedding.”  I said and he nodded.

                I looked down at the small dog on my lap and her pelt a couple of times as her eyes started to droop at the soothing movement. 

                “Look, Luhan, she’s falling aslee- man she opened her eyes again!”  She raised her head to look at us in wonder before nuzzling her snout back into the space between my legs.

                “It’s because you opened your big mouth.”  I whispered and my boyfriend just pouted, going back to scrolling through the wedding planners.

                “Maybe we should ask our friends for advice since everyone except Kyungsoo and Jongin got married.” 

                “Yeah, so who first?   Minseok and Jongdae?” 

                “Alright.”

                 Sehun had a notepad in hand and was focused on writing down everything I told him to.  I was talking to Minseok and he had a lot to say.  We already had two pages of notes and he’s the first person we asked.

                “Yeah, maybe you should have a wedding planner.  You two don’t really seem to have a good sense of fashion and .”  He told me and he was right, we didn’t really know that much about color schemes and stuff.

                “We know but we just wanted to know what you thought.” 

                “Haneul says he wants to be your flower girl.  Oh, he wants to talk to you, hold on.”  I heard some inaudible sound before I heard Haneul’s squeaky voice.

                “Ahjussi!  Haneul wants to be ahjussi’s flower girl, so can I?  Please?”  I could just imagine his little lip stuck out and his big puppy eyes begging for me to accept him.

                “Of course, Haneul-ah.  Do you want a dress, too?” 

                “No!  That’s for girls!”

                So is being a flower girl.

                “So, you want to be a flower boy, then?”

                “I said I wanted to be a flower girl!”  He confirmed and I had to hold back a laugh.

                “Alright, alright, let me talk to your daddy again, okay?”

                “Which one?  Daddy or daddy?” 

                Aish, this kid is a handful, how do they do it?

                “Aish, he means me, Haneul-ah.”  Minseok took the phone back and apologized for his son.

                “Anyway, I can’t wait to go!  It was just like yesterday I met the kid.  Who’s going to be the best men?”

                “I won’t have any because all my friends will be my best men.”  I said with a smile.

                 By the time we got through everyone, asking them their opinion, we were exhausted.  Sehun was complaining about his wrist hurting and I had to kiss it better at least fifty times.  Then, he wanted to take a “break” which meant he wanted to do it but I promised that we’d do that after we were done.

                Well, we didn’t because we were too tired and he completely forgot about it.

                “I didn’t know they had so much advice, Lulu.”  He groaned, lying down next to me on our shared bed, Honey in between us.

                “I know, how many pages of notes did you end up writing?”

                “About ten.  Both sides.”  He massaged his sore wrist and I kissed it for the fifty first time.

                “When are we supposed to be meeting with our wedding planner tomorrow?” 

                “At one, I start work tomorrow, too, at five.”

                “Aw, my baby is starting work!  I’m so excited for you!”  I turned over to shower his face in kisses.

                “God, sometimes I think you’re more of a mother than my own.” 

                “Ew, that’s , Hoonie.” 

                “Oh shut up.” 

                The next day, we met with our planner in a Starbucks.  Her name was Melanie and she was very… very bubbly.  She talked really fast and it made my head spin.  Sehun seemed to understand everything she said, though.

                We met with her three days a week to check up on how our plans were going.  We decided to go with a silver and white color scheme and our invitations were the came color.  I was going to wear a black tuxedo and Sehun was going to wear a white one. 

                We weren’t going to get married in a church, we would instead get married in Central Park, our favorite park.  We didn’t want someone like a priest to marry us so we just decided that our friends would take over that role.  We would say our own vows and since we don’t have parents to walk us down the aisle, we’ll just walk each other down the aisle. 

                It’s really hard planning a non-traditional wedding since neither of us is a girl, neither of us are in contact with our parents and neither of us are religious.

                We’re planning on having our wedding on our four year anniversary, which is in March. 

                ------

Author’s Note:

WAHHH GUYSSSSSS THERE’S ONLY TWO MORE CHAPTERS LIKE OMGKDJADKfAKFADKJFAJK DAKDJL

I’m going to cry.  ;__;

This is my first fic so it’s really special to me.  Even though it’s not going to be my best, it’ll always be my first.  The next chapter will be the wedding and then the last chapter will be the prologue.

Thank you all so much for supporting me, I cherish each and every one of you.  Especially my regular commenters, you guys are seriously the best.  Can I marry you guys?  *gets down on one knee*

Well, until tomorrow, guys.

P.S. Have you guys ever been to Central Park?  It’s my favorite park in New York, like for real.  Wait… I forgot a lot of you guys don’t even live in America.  TTATT Never mind, then.