Nursing the Puppy Back to Health

My Pet

 

               “Who’s this cute little boy?”  Minseok inquired, running up and studying his face.

                “Minseok, we need to talk, come in the house with us.”  I sighed, not really ready for what his reaction will be.

                “Are you gay, Luhan.  Is this your boyfriend?  He looks a bit young…”  He started trying to guess what I was going to say but I shook my head.

                “No, it’s much more… complicated.”

                Honey bowed respectfully, not really paying attention to what was being said.

                “Hello!  I’m Honey, Luhan’s new puppy!”  He introduced himself bluntly and my jaw went slack. 

                He just told Minseok everything basically.  I watched as Honey his lips habitually, like a dog, and Minseok just stood there in shock.  An almost suffocating silence fell over us before Honey spoke up again.

                 “Did I say something wrong?”  He frowned and glanced back and forth between Minseok and me. 

                 “Honey… just… go to our room for now, okay?”  I dismissed him, my fingers massaging my temples because I knew I was ed and it was giving me a migraine.

                 Sniff.  Sniff. 

                 That’s all that could be heard as I tried to think of what to say to my best friend.  There was a couple of coughs that filled the air followed by a sneeze. 

                  “Minnie… do you think it’s weird?”  I bit my lip and braced myself for a scolding.

                  “Yes, it is weird… but you must have a good reason, right?”  He slung an arm over my shoulder and led me to the couch, sitting me down as I prepared to spill everything.

                  I spent about five minutes telling him everything that happened in the past two days.

                  “So, you’re taking care of him?  But… he’s like your pet?  It’s because he reminds you of Honey?  Luhan… you’re… special but hey, you're my best friend.  Anyway, you should come over to our house some time.  Jongdae says he misses you.  Oh and bring Honey with you, I want Jongdae to meet him.”  He got up and I walked him to the door.

                  “Well, I’m off tomorrow, too…”

                  “Good, come over tomorrow at six, we’ll have dinner together.”  He smiled and walked out of the door.  “Bye, Honey!  It was nice to meet you!”  He stuck his head back in and almost shattered my eardrums. 

                 “Bye, Minseok-ssi.”  Honey responded but he stayed in the room to my surprise.

                 After he left I went into the room and saw that Honey was on his bed on the floor.  He looked down in shame, and I kneeled down next to him.

                 “Is something wrong?”  I asked and he looked up at me with regret-filled eyes.

                 “I’m sorry, Luhan, I accidentally told Minseok everything without your permission.  You must be mad at me, right?” 

                “I’m not mad anymore, he’s fine with it.  He actually wants you to meet his husband.”  I reassured him.

                “Really?  So you forgive me?” 

                “Yes.”

                “Can I sleep in your bed tonight?” 

                “No!”

                “B-but… I’m lonely on this futon.  It’s so uncomfortable and I’m sick.  You’re supposed to make me feel better!”  He gave me these puppy eyes and then sniffled a bit for emphasis. 

                “Yeah, you’re sick.  But, I don’t want to get sick.  Plus, I don’t trust you in the same bed as me, you are like a dog in heat.  Anyway, I’m going to make some soup for you.  Just lay down for the rest of the day.”  I commanded, taking off his facemask and putting it on the night table.

                “Huh?  I’m not a dog in heat!  I- ” He started to cough and I took it as an opportunity to get out of there.

                I chuckled to myself as I got the ingredients out. 

                Ugh, I’m running low on green onions. 

                I decided to make some miso soup since there wasn’t a lot of chewing involved.  I added the miso packet to some boiling water and mixed it together.  Then I added the seaweed, green onions and tofu.  I tasted the finished product and decided it was good enough for Honey.  He probably can’t taste much anyway since he’s so congested.  I made him some black tea, too, and put them on a tray.

                Ah, I forgot to give him his medicine!

                I took the medicine out of the bag and put it with everything else.  I returned to the bedroom and saw him lying down.  Coughs were racking his body every couple seconds.  I frowned at the state that my beloved pet was in. 

                “Honey, are you awake?” I whispered as I sat down next to the futon. 

                “Mm, yeah Lulu.”  He turned to face me, looking completely drained.

                “You’re tired, aren’t you?  Why did you act so hyper earlier?” 

                “I didn’t want you to worry…”  He admitted as he propped himself up.

                “Okay, just eat and take your medicine, I’ll leave you alone.”  I went to stand up when he grabbed my arm.

                “Don’t go, Master, please?  I’ll be sad….”  I gave in and watched him eat.

                He didn’t finish all of it and I was shocked.  He must really feel awful.  I was getting a little worried so I stayed with him for the rest night, only getting up to wash his dirty dishes and get him more tissues.  At about eleven o’clock, he said I could go to bed.

                “Honey… why don’t you take the bed tonight?  I’ll sleep on the futon.”  I offered but he shook his head.

                “No, either I sleep with you or on the futon.”  He crossed his arms defiantly and I sighed.

                “Suit yourself, good night.  Get as much sleep as possible.”  I told him before going to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

                The next day, I slowly opened my eyes and felt something warm attached to my side. 

                Ugh, God damn it, Honey.

                I decided to let him slide today since he was sick.  Not even a second later, he wrapped an arm around my chest and swung his leg around my abdomen, nuzzling his dripping nose into the crook of my neck. 

                Cute.

                “Luuuuhan~” He mumbled to himself and I felt him smile.

                I couldn’t take it anymore and tried to pry him off but he held on tighter.

                “You little… you’re up, aren’t you?”  I glared at his messy mop of hair.

                “Aw, Lulu why do you have to ruin all the fun?”

                “Why are you in my bed?  I’m pretty sure I told you that you’re not allowed in here.  Now let go of me or else I’ll kick you out of this house.” 

                “Aw come on!  You enjoy sleeping with me, don’t you?” He rolled out of bed and put on his facemask before plopping back down on the futon.

                “No, and especially not when your nose is leaking onto my neck.  I swear to God, if I get sick… I’ll break you.”  I wiped the snot off of my neck and looked at it in disgust.

                “Sorry… I won’t do it again.” 

                “Hell no you won’t, because you’re sleeping in the living room for now on, and I’m locking the door before I go to sleep.”

                “But-”

                “No!  You’ve been a bad dog by not obeying me.  Now just shut up and go back to sleep, you’ll need your strength later for annoying the crap out of Minseok and his husband.” 

                I got out of bed and slammed the bathroom door closed as I entered it.  I knew he’s supposed to be my dog, but he’s also a human boy.  I can’t let myself get too attached to him and vice versa.  He needs to know his boundaries.  I took a shower to sanitize myself since I was covered in Honey’s germs. 

                After I was done in the bathroom, I felt a little bad for yelling at the poor thing.  I mean, he was only looking for attention.

                Maybe I should apologize.

                “Honey?”  I was a little scared when I saw that his futon wasn’t there.

                I checked the living room and the futon was there, but Honey wasn’t.

                “Honey!?”  I panicked as I looked everywhere in the small apartment. 

                He was nowhere to be found.

------

Author’s Note:

Well .  Sehun ran away.  Or did he?  In any case, Luhan is a little frantic, isn’t he?  He must feel bad.  Poor thing.  Anyways, bye bye guise.  Until next time!  Loooooveeee yooouuuu.  XD <3333