Try Again

My Pet

 

                I pasted a sticky note onto Sehun’s pretty little forehead before I left to talk to his parents.  I held on tightly to the piece of paper where the address was written.  Yeah, I was nervous but this is for the love of my life.  This is for his parent’s own good, too.  Even if they don’t accept him after what I planned to say, at least I’ll feel better knowing that I did it. 

                My heart started pounding instantly as I neared the house.  My mouth went dry and I couldn’t swallow.  It was the horrible feeling of fear. 

                No, I have to do this.

                I bounded up to the front porch.  It was a pretty big house but I’m pretty sure Sehun told me that they’re well off. 

                Ding.  Dong.

                The drone of the doorbell made me dizzy.  I knew what was going to come next but I couldn’t chicken out now.  I had to go through with it or else I’d never forgive myself. 

                Then, Mr. Oh came out.

                As soon as he saw my face, his eyebrows furrowed.

                “You again?  Didn’t I tell you?  I’m not going to ing listen to a like you.  You’re possessed by the Devil.  He told you to come here and bewitch us, right?  Go tell your red friend that Jesus is our savior, not him.”  He started preaching to me and it made me sick.

                Do I look like I’m ing possessed?  I didn’t know I was the ing Exocist chick.

                “Who’s at the door, honey?  Oh goodness, it’s that boy again, isn’t it?  The incubus who seduced our baby.”

                “No, I think that’s that Jongin kid.  Maybe they’re both working for the devil.”

                Every time they associated me with the Devil, it made me sicker and sicker.  It was sick to treat a person like they were some kind of worthless animal. 

                “Excuse me, I would like to talk to you about something.”  I said politely, trying the -kissing approach.

                “We don’t want fags in our house.  That’s why we kicked Sehun out.” 

                “Kicked him out?  What kind of parents are you?  Don’t you love your son?”  I couldn’t hold back my anger, the polite approach.  These people were insane.

                “Yes, of course, he’s a gift from God.  But he turned down the sinner’s path.  He made a contract with the Devil, obviously.  You know, he could’ve teached dance but no, he had to go abroad to study that stupid ballet.  Such a girly type of dancing.  We didn’t raise him like that.  We taught him how to dance like a man, not a fairy.”

                “Then, why are you sending people to find him?”

                “Well, obviously because we still need someone to take care of our dance school.”  His mother said and suddenly nothing made sense anymore.

                “So you’re saying even though your son is a “” you’d let him teach your dance school?”  I rolled my eyes at their hypocrisy.

                They were stumped and didn’t respond for a couple of seconds.

                Their faces softened and his father spoke first.

                “Look, he’s still our son but he’s a sinner, we can’t just forgive him for that.  Maybe we can shoo the gay away!  Honey, why don’t we take him back and get our pastor to look at him?  Maybe if we pray, he’ll become straight again.”

                “No!  He’s my lover.  Don’t you understand?  I’m in love with your son.  It’s not the Devil’s fault.  God made him this way.  God designed his brain to like boys and he likes boys.  No prayer can stop that from happening.”  I was getting real tired of their bull.  It’s like I’m trying to argue with a bunch of senile old women.

                “Love?  Nobody can possibly love a person of their gender in that way.  Wait… have you two… no, I don’t want to think about it.” 

                Done it?  Yeah…?  But should I tell them that we have?

                “Yeah, it is possible.  Maybe if you stopped being so close-minded, maybe just maybe you would see that your son is normal.  Your son just likes boys, not girls.” 

                “He’s not normal.  He’s gay.  That’s not normal.”

                “You know, animals hump the same gender all the time and nobody cares.”

                “Don’t you dare say the word “hump” that use of ual language is not wanted in this house.”

                “In this house?  I’m not even inside it because obviously you two don’t have any Christian hospitality.  You know, are you sure you’re even Christians?  You don’t seem to love thy neighbor.”  I noted, knowing that it was true.  They were being hateful, isn’t that a sin?

                “We don’t need to be nice to the Devil’s .  I hope you and Sehun have fun being homouals in Hell.  Never come back to this house.  We’ll call the police.”  His father warned but I saw this coming.

                “Ah, so the child abusers are mad at me, eh?  Maybe I should tell the police about that while they’re arresting me.”  I thought out loud.

                “Child abuse?  We never did that!”  They retorted but I could see right through them.

                “Oh, lying is a sin, isn’t it?  I guess you’ll be joining us in Hell.  You can watch us have dirty .”  I smirked, not caring how ridiculous I sounded.

                “F-fine, we hit him but that was only once.  We tried to beat the Devil out of him but when that didn’t work, we kicked him out.”  His mother started to cry and she fell to the concrete, defeated.

                I got them.

                “Look, why don’t we make a deal?  I’ll leave you fags alone and you’ll leave us alone.” 

                “No, I want you to apologize to my boyfriend, first.  Then, we’ll leave your sorry asses alone.” 

                “Such foul language, even if you were a girl, we wouldn’t allow you to date our son.” 

                “.  ing .  Oh no, I think the Devil has possessed me.”  I gasped.

                “Fine.  Bring the boy.  You better not talk, though.  We’re done with you.”  They finally caved and I felt a sense of pride for breaking them.  

                I win.

                ----

Author’s Note:

Guys.

Omg.

Seriously, they weren’t supposed to be all religious but I was inspired by the play I was reading in English called the Crucible.  It has to do with witch hunting in Salem, Massachusetts and like… yeah I’m going to stop because lol I need to get this up and do my homework.  Well, I’m sorry if this story is at the moment.  I’m probably going to end it soon because I don’t have much else to do.  Lets see, they still need to get married, that’s one thing…  And other minor stuff but that’s my main priority.  As always, I love you all, a lot.