Our First Walk

My Pet

 

 

                The next morning, I woke up first.  I knew that I had woken up first because I almost tripped over Honey on the way to the bathroom.  I brushed my teeth, pondering what the “special breakfast” should be.  I decided on an American style breakfast with bacon, eggs, toast and potatoes.  It was good enough because I had all those ingredients at the moment.  I rinsed my mouth out and shut off the faucet.

                Half way through cooking the breakfast, Honey comes in sniffling.  I turned around and wondered if it was because he smelled the food, or if he had a cold.  Then, he sneezed and I sighed.

                I knew he shouldn’t have gone out yesterday after almost freezing to death.

                “Hon, do you have a cold?”  I poked at the sizzling bacon before facing him again.

                “Maybe, but it doesn’t seem bad.”  He started to cough and I turned the burner off. 

                “Does your throat hurt, too?”  I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

                “Yeah…”  He hung his head.

                “It’s okay, we’ll go to the doctors and then go shopping.”  I ruffled his hair.

                “Is the food ready yet?” 

                “Yeah.”  I put the food onto some plates and passed one to him.

                He like, inhaled it.  I watched him with wide eyes, almost dropping my fork.  Then I remembered that he probably hasn’t been eating right for a while. 

                “So Luhan, what is your job?”   He asked when he was done.

                “I’m a journalist, do you have a job?” 

                “No… but I could get one if you wanted me to.”

                “Dogs don’t work.” 

                “I suppose your right.”

                “Yes, now let’s go to the doctors.”  I threw the dishes into the dishwasher and we headed out the door.

                He followed close behind me, grabbing for my hand a few times.  I, of course, smacked it away.  I don’t feel like doing skin-ship with my dog, especially in public.  The person at the front desk waved to me hesitantly and I just ignored her.  Honey, on the other hand, waved back like a maniac and she giggled like a school girl.  He sneezed again and I handed him a mask so that he didn’t get anyone else sick. 

                “This one is boring, I want a better one.”  His voice came out muffled.

                I nodded and we walked to the hospital.  I held open the door for him because he was having another coughing fit and guided him to the waiting room.  He sat down while I made an appointment with the doctor.  As I went to sit with Honey, I saw my ex-girlfriend with the guy she cheated on me with.  She was pregnant, again.  I then noticed that she had a wedding ring on her left ring finger.

                “Luhan?”  She called awkwardly.

                “I see you’re having another baby, congratulations.”  I spat bitterly before going across the room to sit with my pet. 

                “Luhan, who’s that lady?  Why do you look upset?  Are you oka-” He immediately started drowning me in questions.

                “Enough.  Your appointment is in twenty minutes so just shut up for now.”  My voice cracked and he immediately quieted.

                I felt my eyes glazing over so I chose to wash my face in the bathroom.  I got up, shielding my face from the confused puppy and half-ran to said destination.  I gripped the edges of the white porcelain sink, my hair falling over my eyes as fresh tears drizzled into the sink.

                That got married to the guy who knocked her up.  The same guy who she cheated on me with.  They were even having another kid together.

                I heard the door creak open as Honey slid inside, obviously trying to be sneaky.

                “Lulu… what’s wrong?”  He cautiously probed, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

                I didn’t even have the willpower to push him away, I felt empty.  My first love was married, having children and was obviously happy about it.  I sniffled and raised my head to lock eyes with the boy behind me.  At that moment, I didn’t really care that my guard was down.  I didn’t care how helpless I looked.  I reached out and clung to him in an almost needy embrace.  He stiffened a bit at the sudden action but quickly got the idea and wrapped his arms around me.  I sobbed into this chest and he didn’t say anything.  He just stood there, letting his shirt get soaked for the second time in a week.  I didn’t know what was wrong with me, all these pent up emotions just overflowed.  I felt his lips on my forehead but this time I let him kiss me.  It was comforting, like when the old Honey used to my tears away when I was sad. 

                “Thank you, Honey.”  I muttered after a minute, regaining strength and pulling away. 

                “No problem, Master, I was just fulfilling my duty as your dog.”  He puffed out his chest smugly.

                We finally got in to see the doctor and we found out he had a bacterial infection.  After getting some antibiotics, we headed to the clothing store.  I was thankful for Honey, so I decided to reward him by telling him about my ex-girlfriend.

                “That woman, she was my girlfriend back in college.”  I started and he nodded slowly, urging me to go on.  “After dating for a while, I walked in on her cheating on me with that guy she was with just now.  She got pregnant and I guess they got married and decided to have another kid.”

                “That must , I was also in a relationship before but I broke up with the girl.” 

                “Why?”

                “Because I realized that I was gay.”  He stated simply and I realized that it made sense now.

                “Is that why you’re so touchy?  Because you like me?”  I glanced at him and his face twisted with disgust.

                “Ew, I wouldn’t like an old man like you… as a human.  I’m your pet, I’m supposed to love my owner, aren’t I?  Pets are touchy and give owners kisses and stuff.”  He demonstrated by taking my hand a swinging it around.  “I love you, Master!  I looooveeee yo-!”  He shouted and I covered his mouth with my hand.  People on the street stared at us but I just ignored them and picked up the pace, dragging him along.

                “Shut the up.  Have you no discretion?”  I flicked his nose and he pouted.

                “Owie Lulu!  That really hurt!”  He stomped his feet and let go of my hand. 

                “God, sometimes I think you really are a dog.”  I flung the store’s door open.

                We spent the next hour picking out his new wardrobe.  I got him four shirts and four pants along with a dog-shaped face mask that he found.  He couldn't wait to put it on and sneezed into it a couple times.  It drained my living expenses greatly but he couldn’t keep wearing my clothes since they were too small for him.

                I guess we’ll have to live off of ramyun for the rest of the month.

                We exited the store and he skipped next to me, making the bags bounce up and down in his hands.  I watched him with amusement and he just flashed a smile at me.

                “Thank you!”  He said as we entered the apartment building. 

                “No problem.” 

                We got in the elevator and he kept jumping up and down like a kid, making the elevator shake a bit.  I had to hold myself back from scolding him, but I let him have his fun.  The elevator stopped at our floor and I stepped out first.  We walked down the hall and I saw someone standing outside of our room.

                Minseok?

-----

Author's Note:

Hellooo~ 

So Minseok has made an appearance!  There was a fluffy Hunhan part in the middle, right?  Did you enjoy it?  Well they don't have any feelings for each other yet, Yet.  As of now, their relationship is purely human-pet.  That rhymed... lol XD Anyways, enjoy the frequent updates for now, because when September 4th rolls around, school starts and you know what that means... -.- Oh well.  Love you guys~