Reunion Part 1

My Pet

 

                “Luhan-ssi.”  Chanyeol bowed to me and I bowed back.

                “You wanted to see me?”  I eyed the tall boy as he paced back and forth in front of me.

                “So, I’m sure you’ve heard about Sehun and his… problem.”  He paused and looked at me for an answer and I nodded slowly.  “Good, then you also know that he’s sensitive, right?” 

                Sehun doesn’t really seem that sensitive, though.

                “No, um, I haven’t noticed that.”

                “Sure you haven’t, he almost never shows his feelings full throttle.  Okay, has he at least cried in front of you?” 

                “Yes, many times.”

                “Okay, that’s all I needed to know.”

                “Why?”

                “Because I want to make sure you’re right for my cousin.  I didn’t approve of that Jongin kid yet he still went out with him and was hurt.  You know what I’m saying?”

                I understood why he wanted me here.  He wanted to make sure I would take care of Sehun. 

                “Yes, Chanyeol-ssi, I understand.”

                “Ssi?  Now that we’re basically family, let’s drop the honorifics.”

                “But you called me Luhan-ssi when I came in, so I just thought…”  Okay, this kid was confusing me now. 

                “Well you are planning to go all the way with him, aren’t you?”

                “All the way?  Wh-what!?  Why… I- why are you- huh?”  I turned red and hid my face because I hardly knew this boy and he’s asking me these things. 

                Why is he asking me ual questions now?  Why does everyone ask me this?

                “You know, marriage?  What did you think I meant?”

                I exhaled in relief, slumping against the couch.

                “N-no, I get it.”

                “So?  Are you?  Or are you just using my baby cousin for your ulterior motives?”  He started getting defensive and I shrunk back.

                “Of course I’d marry him!  I love him!” 

                “Okay, just checking.  But don’t get ahead of yourself, you’ve only been going out for like what?  A month?”

                “You asked!”  I sighed and Baekhyun came in at that time.

                “Chanyeol-ah, why are you interrogating him?  You saw him that day, he’s totally head over heels for Sehun.”  He back-hugged the taller and smiled at me.  “Luhan, I’m going to miss you, you know that?  When you come back to Korea, please visit us!” 

                “Of course, Sehun will be done with school in four years so we’ll move back to Korea then.”

                “So does that mean you’d transfer back to the Korean branch of the company?”  His eyes lit up and he let go of his boyfriend to tackle-hug me.

                “Yes, yes, now get off of me before you make Chanyeol jealous.”

                “Hey, I’ll have you know that I don’t get jealous because just watch.  Come here, Baekkie.”  He outstretched his long limbs and the smaller boy happily complied, jumping into his arms.

                “Wee, I love you Channie!”  He stood on his tippy toes to give him a kiss.

                Ew, they’re giving me diabetes with the sweetness they’re exerting.

                “See, if you truly love someone, you’d trust them and know that they will always come back to you.  Remember that, because Sehun told me that you were ‘totally jealous of Jimmy’.” 

                “Wow!  You’re so wise, see this is why I love him.  He make act like a goof but he’s actually really smart.”  Baekhyun poked the boy’s cranium for emphasis.

                “Yah, I’m not a goof!  Anyway, just take care of my cousin, okay?  Don’t break his heart or else I’ll make sure you never come back to Korea.  I like you so I don’t think that’ll be a problem.”  He walked over to me and I was confused until he embraced me which only made me more confused.  Then his deep voice dropped to a whisper.  “Don’t tell Baekhyun, but I’m going to propose to him.  You’re definitely invited to our wedding so I’ll see you when that day comes.  Well, if he says yes.”

                “He will.”  He pulled away and joined his lover once again, winking at me.

                “Hey!  What are you two being so secretive about?  Ugh, I’m always out of the loop.”  The other pouted. 

                “Well if that’s all, I’ll leave so Chanyeol can maybe fill you in.”  I winked back at the tall boy and he smirked.

                “Yeah Baek, actually it’s a big surprise so look forward to it!” 

                “Kya!  I’m so excited!”  Then Chanyeol got his face covered in tiny kisses as my editor got a little overexcited.

                “I’ll… leave so you can be alone.”  I weakly laughed and backed out of the door.

                “Bye Luhannie!  I’ll see you again one day!” 

                Then Taoris was the next couple to find out about my departure the following day.  I hadn’t been able to contact Sehun since he’s been practicing longer than before so he still didn’t know.

                “Eh!?  So soon?  You can’t be serious, gege!”  Tao cried as he clung to me like a baby panda.

                “Tao, don’t you want him to be happy?”  Kris peeled his boyfriend off of my body and embraced him to try to calm him down.

                “Yeah but I’m not ready to be separated from him again.”

                “You have me, isn’t that good enough?”

                “But I wanted us to all hang out together once more with Yixing before he left but since it’s so soon now….” 

                “Right, I forgot Yixing was in Korea!  Luhan, do you think you can call Yixing over?  Or is he with his boyfriend?”

                “I’ll call him.”  I pulled out my phone and dialed the familiar number.

                “Y-yes?”  He panted into the phone.

                “Uh, are you busy?”

                “Um, would having count as being busy?”  I choked on my spit and started coughing.

                “Wh-what!?”  I gasped.

                “I’m just kidding, I was just jogging around the town.  What do you need?”

                “Can you come meet me outside the Exo Hotel?  Don’t question, just tell me if you can or can’t.” 

                “Yeah, I’m actually a block away.”            

                A few minutes later, Yixing arrived, with Junmyeon.

                “Sorry I forgot to mention that Jun…myeon… Tao?  Kris?”  He almost dropped his iPod and his jaw was basically dragging on the sidewalk.

                “Yixing-ge!  Oh my God!”  Tao ran over to hug him, making Junmyeon raise an eyebrow.

                “Hey, Yixing.”  Kris patted his back and Tao broke the hug to go back to Kris and attached himself to him instead.

                “You guys actually started dating after all those years?  I called it.”  Yixing was smiling so hard that Junmyeon was the one who was stunned now.

                “Xing, Luhan, who are they?”

                “Oh, these are our friends from China.”  Yixing gestured towards the couple.  “Tao, Kris, this is my boyfriend Junmyeon.”

                “Nice to meet you.  Wow Yixing, I thought you and Luhan looked good together but damn Junmyeon is hot.  I approve.”  The brazen panda studied the Korean, earning a glare from Kris.

                “Hey, babe, why don’t you go and not strip search the poor guy?”

                “Sorry Krissy.” 

                “Aish, okay well I need to pack.  Yixing go catch up with those two.”  I started to walk away but was stopped by arms wrapping around my body.

                “Wah, stop!  We haven’t had our group hug yet!”  Tao nagged while Yixing and Kris also joined the hug.  “Come on Junmyeon!”

                “It’s okay, it’s your thing.  I’m not a part of the friend group.”  He politely declined.

                “Joonie, get your over here.”  Yixing pulled his boyfriend into it and he slowly hugged back.

                “Alright, well I’ll see you guys in a year or maybe four years.  Who knows?” 

                “We’ll miss you, ge!  Don’t forget to call us once and while!”  Tao called and Kris nodded.

                “Yeah, don’t forget about me either.”  Yixing scratched the back of his head nervously, not wanting Junmyeon to get jealous.

                “Or me, you’re coming back in four years, right?  We’ll be expecting you.”  My boss rested his hand on my shoulder and I bowed to them.

                “Thank you.”  I almost started tearing up at their sincerity.

                When I got home, I started packing, I was leaving tomorrow since I wanted to get everything in order before I started work.  I made sure to put my English-Chinese dictionary and passport in carry-on bag.   

                Then halfway through I got a video call from Sehun.

                “Hey!”  I smiled at the pokerfaced boy.

                “Lulu!  I want to see you.”  He whined and I felt happiness flowing out of me as I started to tell him the good news.

                “Actually I-”

                “Sehun!  What are you doing?  I thought we are going out tonight.”  ing Jimmy cut in, as usual.

                “Jimmy, go yourself.  I’m talking to my boyfriend.

                “Ugh, whatever.  You .” 

                “Anyway, what were you saying?”

                “I said I-”

                “Do you want anything from the store?”  The persistent asked, making me angrier.

                “Hey, why don’t you buy a life?”  I shouted in my slightly accented English.  I wasn’t sure if the grammar was right but I was satisfied when the American scowled at me and left.

                “Don’t be mean, Luhan.” 

                “Shut up, he’s stealing you from me.”

                “Shut up?  You’re so rude!  I’m hanging up!”

                “But wait I-” 

                Disconnected.

                I’m so stupid.

                I guessed that the arrival would be a surprise.

                By the same time next day, I was on the plane to America.  I slept most of the way and when I was up, I watched American movies or read my dictionary.  I was so nervous to be going to a different country but I felt all fuzzy knowing that I was going to see Sehun.  My Sehun.

                After landing and gathering my suitcase, I made my way to the new apartment.

                “So is $1000 a month okay for the rent?”  The landlord asked and I just barely understood what this ‘rent’ word was.

                “Yes, thank you very much!”  I smiled and walked into the empty apartment, setting my suitcase down.

                I was sure glad I saved up money because furniture is expensive.  I decided to wait until I found Sehun to buy it, though.  I mean, what if he didn’t like the furniture I pick out? 

                “Taxi!”  I called to the yellow cab with my hand raised.

                He looked Asian and I sighed in relief.

                “Do you speak Chinese or Korean?”  I asked him, hoping he did.

                “I speak Chinese, you’re from China?” 

                I was so happy at the moment.

                “Yes!  From Beijing!” 

                “Me too, it’s nice to meet a fellow Chinaman, eh?  Here, I’ll drive you for free.  Where to?”

                I told him where and he nodded. 

                “Thank you, sir.”  I bowed to him and he smiled.

                “Enjoy your stay in New York, I hope we can meet again!”  He waved and drove away.

                Now to find Sehun.

                I searched around and found an Asian again but was hesitant to approach him.  I wondered if he even spoke an Asian language.  I remembered Sehun’s room number so I just went right up to the dorms.

                302… 303…. Ah here it is!

                I knocked on the door but nobody was there.  I sighed and walked back outside.  I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was twelve o’clock here.

                He must be in class.

                I waited outside until classes started to let out and I scoured the courtyard for my boyfriend.  After five minutes, I finally spotted him.  He was cornered by these two buff white boys and I felt a fire burning in my stomach. 

                “Hey, Thehun, nice lispth you got there!”  One laughed and shoved him and I went wild with fury.

                I charged them and kicked one in the side hard, making him fall to the grass clutching his ribs.

                “ you, ignorant prick.”  I felt smug with my proficiency in American curses.  “Sehun-ah, let’s go before this other douche follows us.”

                I grabbed the frozen boy’s wrist and dragged him outside of the college gates.  After we got done catching out breath, he stared at me with wide-eyes.  Reaching out to touch my face he pinched his side with his free hand.  I lovingly nuzzled into the hand that caressed my face and he jumped back.  Realizing this wasn’t a dream he said the first thing that came to his mind.

                “Luhan!?”

                ------

Author’s Note:

ALRIGHT HUNHAN IS BACK ES!!!  I added some last minute Baekyeol along with Sulay and Taoris, so you’re welcome.  XDDD Anyways, I am so nervous >.< I have my first day of volunteering and aghghghghghgh I have to spend time with old people.  What if I mess up or hurt them?  Aish, anyway, I need to stop saying ‘aish’ in everyday conversation.  I am getting off topic.  Lol did you guys see stuff from the EXO-K Sina interview?   Is it subbed yet because I wanna see that Hunhan moment!!! Aljd;adjl;ajdjalkdjdakaj;dk like seriously.  Omg Sehun, you don’t hide it at all.  EVEN SUHO SHIPS THEM, COME ON GUYS.  Lol, well until next update, I love you my readers and to all my new subscribers.  I know we’re past 40 chapters but I still have so much to write.  Like *insert spoiler here* and OMG *insert other spoiler here* and Baekyeol’s marriage of course!  I wonder how authors can just end stories at chapter 10 o.o like some stories have so much potential, am I right?  Well this story will keep on going until… hm… until I feel like it’s a good place to end it.  Oh but guys~ their relationship will only grow from here if you know what I mean.  ;D Haha bye guys!