Friendship

My Pet

 

                “Luhannie?  Is that you?”  Minseok’s voice was soft and soothing, just as expected.

                “Minnie…”  I cried into the phone.

                “Come over, now.”  He hung up on me but I was too upset to care.

                When I got there he was waiting for me at the door.

                “Oh no!  Your beautiful face is all swollen, come on.  Jonggie, get the tissues!”  He glanced at my tear-streaked face again and shook his head before dragging me to the couch and sitting me down.

                Jongdae ran in with a box of tissues, panting like a dog.

                “Hi, Luhan… hyung…” 

                “Hi, Jongdae.” 

                “Jongdae, can Luhan and I be alone for a second?  Go make some tea.” 

                He nodded to his lover and ran to the kitchen.  While Minseok dabbed my eyes with the tissue, I wondered where Honey the third was.

                “Where’s your dog?”

                “Outside but it doesn’t matter.  Now, if you need somewhere to cry, cry here.”  He pointed to his shoulder and I smiled.

                “I love you, Minseok.”  I lovingly embraced my best friend until I heard a huge bang in the kitchen followed by some stomping.

                “Yah!  Don’t hit on my boyfriend just because yours is gone.”  Jongdae had one hand on his hip and was glaring at me.

                “ing , Jongdae!  His boyfriend just left and you’re being a ?  No tonight.  Now get back in the kitchen before I whoop your , okay?  I’m sorry Luhannie.”  He hugged me closer but I didn’t feel like crying anymore. 

                “It’s okay, I mean, HIS BOYFRIEND IS PRETTY Y.”  I shouted into the kitchen, basically feeling the hate that Jongdae was emitting.

                “Yah, hyung!   Now I know you’re ing with me.  I swear to God if you weren’t upset right now…”

                “Jongdae, I think we need to talk later.”  Minseok said through gritted teeth.

                “I love you, Minseokkie.  Oh look the tea is ready.”  He quickly brought the steaming liquid in and poured it into the cups.  When he tried to kiss his boyfriend, he was not only denied, but he got a slap upside the head.

                “Go let our dog-child in the house and play with him upstairs.  I don’t want to hear a peep from either of you or else you won’t get laid for a month, alright?”

                “Y-yes, baby.”  The younger paled a bit and backed away slowly to the door.

                “So, Luhan, is there anything I can do for you?”

                “No, I just wanted to see you because I missed you.”

                “Wrong, you came here because you were upset and wanted comfort.”  He flashed me a toothy grin.

                “Fine, but I missed you, too.  I’m sorry for neglecting you for Sehun, I just really love him.”

                “Wow, I would’ve never thought that ice prince Luhan would fall in love with a boy.”

                “Well it happened, okay?  Come on, though, he’s just so adorable.  You know, with his fluffy mushroom hair and y dark eyes and cute little nose and his tong- Oh my God I need to stop.”  I turned pink and he laughed.

                “Yeah, no .”  I could tell he was trying so hard not to squeal like a girl but quickly composed himself.  “So, are you going to be okay without Sehun?”

                “No… Minseok I’m going to be so lonely.” 

                “I know, it’s hard being apart from the one you love.  I understand.”

                “What’s the longest time you’ve been separated from Jongdae?”

                “Um, does the time before I met him count?”

                “No.”

                “Then about a day or two.”

                “Gee.  Well, thanks Minseok.”  I downed the tea and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.  “I think I’m going to go home now.”

                “Mm, okay.  Are you sure?  If you need anything, just come over.”

                “Yeah, thank you.”  .

                When I got home, I flopped down on my bed and smelled the faint scent of my lover.  It was a melancholic scent that only reminded me of what was now on a plane to America. 

                The next night, I got a video call.  My heart started pounding as I accepted it.  The screen went black and then I saw his face.  He looked a little sleepy but immediately perked up when he saw me.

                “Lulu!  I’m finally settled in.”  He picked up the laptop and kissed the screen.

                “I miss you already.”  I reached out to caress his face but realized that I couldn’t due to the screen being in the way. 

                “I can tell.” 

                “Are you jetlagged?”

                “Yeah, it’s so different here.  There’s Asians but I haven’t seen any Koreans yet.”

                “Who’s your roommate?” 

                “His name is-”

                “Sehun!  We have class soon so hurry up.  Oh, who are you talking to?”  (A/N: Remember bold= English)  Another boy came into view and he was attractive.

                Too attractive.

                “Ah… this is my um manfriend!

                “You mean boyfriend?  Oh, I’m gay, too.

                he’s gay, too? 

                I was beginning not to like this attractive white boy.  He rested his hands on my Sehun’s shoulders and I bit my lip hard.

                “H-hi, my name is Luhan.  Nice to meet you.”  I faked a smile even though I was killing the boy a trillion times in my head.

                “Hi!  My name is JimmyI’ll take care of Sehun, here, so don’t worry.”  He winked at me.

                That er winked at me.

                “Mm, okay!” 

                He walked away after whispering something into Sehun’s ear. 

                “Luhan-ah, I have to go, okay?  I have English class, I’ll call you… wait you’ll be asleep then so…”

                “No call whenever you want!  I’ll keep my phone on ringer all the time.”  

                “Okay, I love you.” 

                “I love you, too.” 

                Then he disconnected and so did my heart.

                ------------

                Author’s Note: This is short but I’m being rushed by my father >.> anyways, yeah.  OH NO AMERICAN BOYS NEEDA STEP THE FAWK OFF.  Haha, you guys thought the guy Luhan called was Lay omg that would be so bad.  Okay, I need to go now, sowwy guys.  TTATT Love you!