He's Gone

My Pet

 

                “The plane is delayed.”

                “Oh thank God!”  I let out a big sigh of relief and hugged him around his waist.

                We had just arrived in the airport and Sehun was checking his phone. 

                “Yeah, it’s going to be here at eight instead.  We have an hour to spare.”  I smiled and nodded, checking the time which was five o’clock.

                “Well, there’s not much we can do at the airport.  Here, let’s just sit for now.”  He gestured towards the uncomfortable looking airport chairs.

                When we sat down, he just lied down and rested his head on my lap.  I tenderly petted his hair, running my fingers through the soft tresses.  He whimpered a bit and snuggled into my stomach. 

                “I don’t want to go.”  He whined and I leaned down to peck his cheek.

                “I don’t want you to go either, but you have to go through security soon.  I’ll go as far as I can but when we get there, we’ll have to be separated.”

                “I love you, Lulu.”

                “This is the hundredth time you’ve said that today.”  He puffed out his cheeks at my unsatisfactory answer.

                “You’re supposed to say ‘I love you, too’, not count how many times I say it.” 

                “Oh you know I love you.” 

                He yawned and I watched as his eyes slowly drooped closed.  I wish I could’ve slept with him but I needed to watch the time so that he wouldn’t miss his flight.  I his cheek and traced his lips with my thumb.  I studied every inch of his face, wanting to kiss it.  We were in public, though, I couldn’t just eat his face.  I looked around and saw that there weren’t many people around.  I waited patiently until they left and then quickly pushed my lips against his.  The angle wasn’t comfortable but at that moment I didn’t care.  I wanted to make the most out of our last hour together. 

                “Sehun-ah, wake up.”  I gently shook him when it was six and he wouldn’t get up.  “Aish, this kid.  He wakes himself up early but I can’t get him up.  Maybe if I…”  I tickled his sides and he started giggling.

                “Y-yah!!  Stop!  I’m up, I’m up!  Oh my God, stop Lulu.  I’m going to explode.”  His pale face turned a bright red as I tickled him harder.

                He grabbed my forearms and flipped over, resting on his knees.  Instead of tickling my back he just wrapped his arms around my shoulders.  I yanked him closer, making him straddle my lap much to his surprise.  He tried to move his legs so that we weren’t in such a suggestive position but I didn’t let him.  I just wanted him as close as possible since this was it.  I pushed him back a bit and looked into his eyes.  They were watering and some tears were already falling.  I just leaned in and kissed those tears away, I thought he cried enough last night but apparently he has more in him. 

                “Don’t cry.  I’ll start crying, too.”  My heart ached as he tried his best to his tears back in.

                “I-I’m t-trying.” 

                “I know.”

                “Kiss me, please.  This’ll be the last one before I go.”

                “You didn’t have to ask…”  Our lips were quickly connected again and none of us dared to pull away for the first few minutes.

                We didn’t want to pull away because once we did, we wouldn’t be able to share another one for a whole month.  Our tongues desperately embraced each other, not wanting to let the other go either.  Every fiber of my body told me not to break the kiss.  I squeezed him gently and he squeezed back.  I had so many mixed emotions at the moment.  I was elated to have my boyfriend next to me but I couldn’t help feeling depressed and hurt knowing that it wouldn’t last.  As he finally ended up breaking this kiss, I burst into tears.  He stood up and I hung my head, my chest tightening.

                “I… guess this is goodbye.”  I sniffed, biting my lip and not meeting his eyes.

                “Stop crying, I thought you told me not to cry.”

                “But, I couldn’t help it, you didn’t even warn me that you were pulling away!”  He took his sleeve and wiped my eyes before they got swollen with the troublesome tears. 

                “I’m sorry, it was painful but I had to.  I’m going to miss my flight if I don’t put my foot down.”

                “I… understand but Sehun-ah,” I raised my hand, showing him the ring on my finger, “don’t forget about me when you see all those cute white boys.”

                “I won’t, don’t say stuff like that.  You’re making it like we’re never going to see each other again.”        

                “It feels like it, though.”

                “Lulu, come on, just walk me to security.  Here, hold my hand.  I’m not happy either but we both know I have to do this.   I can’t be sobbing at security so just please try to be strong.”  He entwined our fingers, holding on so hard that his knuckles were turning white.

                As we neared closer, his hand started shaking and I glanced at him.  He looked terrified and I felt bad for being so selfish.  I know that I shouldn’t cry because I was staying here while he was going to a new country.  He was going to be alone.  The time difference was awful and we had a limited window to talk.  We decided that we would talk before I went to work every morning… er it would be night for him.  We got to the line going into security and he kissed me once more before reluctantly leaving.

                “I love you!”  I called after him.

                “I love you, too.” 

                I watched as he walked in and disappeared from my view.  I tried my best not to break into tiny pieces in front of all those people and ran out of the airport.  As soon as I got into the empty and cold apartment, I spilled my guts out.  I wailed and sobbed for hours, not caring if my neighbors heard me.  If this is the way I felt now, how would the rest of the days be?  I called the only person that would understand me right now.

                “Hello?” 

                “He’s gone…” 

----

Author’s Note:

Oo, who is that?  UGH SO MUCH CRYING OMG JUST STOP GUYS.  Stop making it hard for me.  TTATT The Hunhan couple is separated.  It really guys, it hurts to write it.  IT’S OKAY THOUGH.  Now time to focus on Sulay~ Right?  Right?  Yes?   Yes.  Sulay will become more important.  Oh and Xiuchen and Taoris, too.  Of course I’ll include Kaisoo and Baekyeol but Luhan doesn’t really hang out with them so… alright.  Until next update guys.  Saranghae!!!