First Date Part 2: Double Date?

My Pet

 

               Minseok and Jongdae were here and along with Sehun they were sitting on a picnic blanket.  There was a lot of food and it looked amazing.  There were rose petals scattered haphazardly around it.

              “Hey Luhan!”  Minseok greeted me first.

                “Surprise!  We’re having a double date, Luhannie!”  Jongdae chimed in.

                “Yah, he’s your hyung, don’t call him such intimate names.”  Minseok flicked his lover’s forehead.

                “Hurtful… Okay I’m sorry hyung.”  He bowed to me and I snickered at his submissiveness.

                “Who tops in bed again?”  I asked while sitting down next Sehun and kissing him on the cheek in a quick expression of gratitude.

                “Hey!  Since when are you so erted?”

                “I guess that puppy over there rubbed off on me.”  I shrugged.

                “Who’s erted?  I think you’re a closet ert who just recently came out.”  Said puppy shot back.

                “I second that.”  Jongdae raised his hand.

                “Shut up, we’re not having another conversation about , okay?”  Minseok interrupted, remembering the last time we had dinner together.  “So anyway, I’m glad you guys are together!  I was so rooting for you guys.  Luhan, Yixing is cool and all but I don’t think you two mesh well together.  The first time I saw you and Sehun, though, I definitely saw a connection.” 

                “Really?  Aw hyung, I knew I loved you the most.”  Sehun hugged my best friend, earning a glare from me.

                “Hands off my man.”  Jongdae warned, pointing his chopsticks at him.

                “Hey Hoonie-ah, where did you get all of this food?”

                “Minseok came over today and we made it all.  We bought so many expensive ingredients that we used up all of our money.” 

                “You can cook?”  I was always the one cooking mediocre meals for him but judging from the food’s appearance, it looked like he was a professional.

                “My grandma taught me how to cook when I was little.  Minseok-hyung did the most, though.”

                “Aw, Minseokkie and Sehunnie!  You’re such good cooks.”  Jongdae squealed as he took a bite of some bulgogi.

                “Oh we made some kimbap, too.  It’s your favorite, Jongdae-ah.”

                “Aw Minseok, really?  Where is it?”

                “Here, cutie pie.  Say ah~” Minseok brought the kimbap up to his boyfriend’s lips and fed him.

                “Uwa~ it’s so yummy!  Thank you for thinking about me.”  They pecked each other’s lips and I started to gag.

                “Yah, keep the PDA down, it’s blinding.”  I shielded my eyes for emphasis, stuffing some Ddeokbokki in my mouth.

                “I think it’s cute, Lulu.”  Sehun puffed out his cheeks and slapped my shoulder.

                “Stop acting cute, it won’t work on me.”  I saw that there was some bibimbap and smiled.

                “You made bibimbap for me?  It’s my favorite.”  I smiled and immediately ate some, enjoying the delicious combination of flavors.

                “Yeah, Minseok told me so I made some for you.”  He looked down, blushing profusely.

                “Aish, Minseok, what can I do about him?  He keeps blushing like a school girl.” 

                “Come on, I think it’s cute.  Jongdae used to do that, too.”

                “Yeah but back then I was fourteen and I hadn’t even had my first kiss yet.  Sehun is nineteen, totally different.” 

                “Uh, no, not different.  Do you even remember when we started going out?  You were a nervous wreck all the time.  I remember that your hands were always wet and when we fir-”

                “Okay, okay.  I get it.  I guess you’re right, maybe I’ve forgotten since we’ve been together for seven years.”

                “Seven years… wow.”  Sehun stared at them in awe.

                “I know, right?  I remember when I first met Minseok, we were both Juniors in high school.  He was already in a relationship with Jongdae and I never had a social life because he never had time for me.  Those two were literally attached to each other.  Even during class they would “go to the bathroom” and that was thei-”

                “Shut up Luhan!  We don’t talk about that.”  My mouth was stuffed with Minseok’s half eaten kimbap.

                “Ew, I don’t even like kimbap.”  I spat it out and scowled.

                “Aish, it’s so embarrassing, though.”  Jongdae hid his face with his hands.

                “What!?  What!?”  Sehun looked like he was going to explode if someone didn’t tell him.            

                I leaned towards his ear and whispered, “They used to make out in the bathroom during class.  One time they got caught and were suspended.  The whole school made fun of them for months.  Even then, they spent their suspension over each other’s houses.”

                “Wow!  Didn’t you guys ever fight?”

                “Nope, because we know what pisses each other off.”

                “I seem to piss off Luhan a lot… I’m sorry Lulu.” 

                “No you don’t, it’s my fault.”

                “No it’s mine!  See Minseok?  We’re fighting about whose fault it is!”

                “Go tell each other what pisses you off, better yet, make a list because your boyfriend is Luhan.”

                “Hey!  What are you saying?”  I couldn’t exactly tell him he was wrong because I do have a lot of things that piss me off.

                “Guys look at the sunset!  It’s so pretty!”  Jongdae gestured toward the beautiful scenery.

                The sun was bright orange, half of it rested atop the Han River, making it glimmer beautifully.  The sky in the background was a deep magenta then it faded into a purplish color.  It was breathtaking.

                I felt Sehun’s hand grab for mine and give it a squeeze.  I glanced at the boy and loved the way his face looked under the glow of the sunset.  Scooting closer, I cupped his face turning it toward me and locking our lips together.

                “Wee!  Look, Jonggie-ah!  They finally did it.  I can’t stop smiling it’s so adorable.  Encore, encore!”  Minseok started going crazy, flailing his limbs about before burying his face in his boyfriend’s lap.

                “He still does that?  His fanboy habits never cease to amaze me.”  I sighed and bent over Minseok, patting his shoulder.  “I hope you’re satisfied.”

                “I am, thank you Lulu.”

                “What?  Did you do that on purpose?”  Sehun’s eyebrows arched.

                “Well no and yes, Minseok just really likes watching me kiss people.”

                “Uh, why?”

                “I don’t know, something about it being a big contrast compared to how I usually act.” 

                “Yeah, you look so happy when you kiss him, though!  It’s the best kiss of yours I’ve seen.  Do it again!”  Minseok popped back up and smiled.

                “No!  Are you crazy?  Aish, kiss your own damn boyfriend.”

                “Do you really want me to?  Because I can show you a real kiss.”  Minseok winked and I knew what he meant.

                “There are children here, though.” 

                “Fine, Jongdae I guess we’re being ed.”

                “It’s okay, we have all night.”  Jongdae murmured into his ear, making the older one giggle.

                “Yah!”  I covered Sehun’s ears.

                “Isn’t this fun, Lulu?  I like Minseok and Jongdae.  They’re so experienced.” 

                “We like you, too, Sehun-ah!  We’ll miss you when you guys leave us for America.” 

                “Well, we should have another double date sometime.”  I grumbled.

                “Really Lulu?  I thought you would’ve hated this date.”

                “No, I like being around you guys.  Why do you always think that I’m some kind of party pooper?” 

                “Luhannie!  I’m so happy that you’re finally opening up more.  Sehun-ah, thank you for fixing him.”

                “He was never broken, he just needed some love.”  Sehun explained, hugging me around the waist and resting his head against mine.

                He always knows just what to say, doesn’t he?

                He knows what to say to make me happy.

                He knows what to say to make me cry.

                He knows what to say to make me mad.

                But he knows what to say to make me fall love him over and over again.

                “I love you, Sehun-ah.” 

                “I love you, too!”  He raised his head and brushed his lips against my cheek.

                “You guys are really too cute.  Aren’t you glad we came, Jongdae-ah?  I just love watching people fall in love with each other, don’t you?”

                “Yeah, Minseok, I do.  I think we’re the cutest, though.”

                For the rest of the time, we finished off the food and chatted more.  Then, it was time for us to go home.  I made sure that the two were caught up with everything but it seems that Sehun had already told Minseok a lot.  If this was how our first date was with people around, I wondered how our one on one dates would turn out.  The thought alone made butterflies flutter in my stomach.

                We said our goodbyes and parted ways. 

                “Hey, so how did you guys plan this?”  I asked as soon as they left.                               

                “That’s easy.  We made the food, loaded it into Jongdae’s car, drove to the river and hid the food, Jongdae and Minseok behind that giant tree we were sitting under.”

                “How about those petals?”

                “That was a spur of the moment thing, we found a rose bush behind the tree and plucked some of the petals off.”

                I nodded, content with the answer and we walked home, hand in hand.

                ----

Author’s Note:

Sooooo their first date was a double date?  Sehun… ugh… I was hoping you’d be alone.  Whatever, the second date they’ll be alone, right?  Hm, I wonder what a double date is like, though.  Probably fun.  Wee, I like writing about dates.  Where will the Hunhan couple will go next?  Well I’ll probably end up doing a triple update today because you guys know me.  XD Love you.