Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

My Pet

 

                I was stirred awake by something my cheek and soft singing.  I felt a smile tug at my lips but I suppressed it, enjoying the way he made my heart flutter.  I didn’t want him to know I was up, yet.  I wanted to see what he would do to me. 

                “Only be good to me.  Only always smile at me.  I said ooooh, don’t make me jealous.  Oooh, don’t make me become obsessed- Wait… these lyrics sound kind of creepy to be singing to him while he’s asleep… what else should I sing?  Hmmm.” 

                He paused for a couple of seconds, and I almost burst out laughing.  He kissed my cheek to make up for his lack of singing.

                “Oh!  I know!  Don’t spray perfume~ wait that’s a song about cheating on people with noonas… aish, don’t I know any good ballads?  What is he going to wake up to me singing next, Obsession?  Maybe I should just not sing…”  He sighed, turning his attention back to me who was “sleeping”.

                I thought it was kind of funny.  I didn’t know he listened to 2NE1 and Teen Top.  I don’t know a lot of things about him.  I don’t know his favorite color, I don’t know his favorite song, and I don’t know much about his parents.  He doesn’t really talk about them a lot, but when he does it’s about how they kicked him out.

                “Ooh!  I’ll sing the Love Rain OSTs!  Yay okay, but which one?  I think I’ll sing “Because It’s You”.  Alright, I need to stop talking to myself and sing.”

                I couldn’t wait for him to sing.  Actually that was my favorite song on the soundtrack.  As he started to quietly whisper the words to me, I let his voice resonate in my soul.  He really put everything he had into that song.  It was really a gorgeous ballad.

I just have love alone but I can’t even love.

I can’t even say the words that I really want to say.

The love that is getting farther away.

The words that I can’t keep, they are making me cry.

                I wondered why I never sung to him.  He’s done in front of me so many times but I don’t recall ever returning the favor.  I would sing for him one day, before he leaves me.  I wondered what I’d do for the time that we would be separated.  Though I said I would move to America with him, I’m still not certain that I can.  I’d have to get a visa and a job.  There’s so much to do and only a month to do it. 

I love you, what do I do because I love you?

Even if it’s a painful love…

IT’S OKAY~

                I flinched, forgetting what I was thinking about.  He always does that, suddenly raising his voice when he gets too into songs.

                “Ah!  Lulu!  I did it again… didn’t I?  I’m sorry, I woke you up.”  I opened an eye and saw him gnawing at his bottom lip, thinking he actually scared me awake.

                “Aish, Hoonie, I was up the whole time.  I heard you talking to yourself.  Anyway, I need to get ready for work.  Why are you up at six in the morning?”  I pulled him down on top of me into a hug.

                “I couldn’t sleep last night and ended up just giving up.”

                “What’s wrong?”

                “I don’t think the fact that we’re… together now has sunk in.  I couldn’t stop thinking about last night and it prevented me from sleeping.”  I saw the tips of his ears turning red as he buried his head in my chest.

                “Stop acting like a kid, aish, you’re always getting embarrassed at the dumbest things.”  I chuckled and ran my fingers through his disheveled hair.

                “I love you.”  He murmured against my pounding heart.

                “I love you, too… but could you get off of my chest… I can’t breathe.”  I wasn’t lying, but I wasn’t using that excuse for the right reasons.

                I didn’t want him to know how he’s making my pulse skyrocket.  Is it even healthy for it to be doing that? 

                “But I liked listening to your heartbeat.”

                well I guess it was stupid to even consider he didn’t notice.

                “Why?”

                “I’m guessing your heart is beating hard like that for me and the fact that you feel that way about me makes me happy.  It makes me worry less…”

                “Why would you worry?”  I halted my of his hair and rubbed his back instead.

                “I don’t know, call it me being insecure but I sometimes doubt that anybody is capable of loving me.”  He averted his eyes again nervously.

                I flipped him over so that I was on top now.

                “Yah, kid, listen to me.  If anybody doubts love, it’s me.  I wouldn’t have broken up with Yixing if it wasn’t for you.  You know, that one time you walked in on us, I set you up.  I didn’t want to do that with him so I did it to make you jealous, you know that?  I always chose him over you and broke his heart and you still have the audacity to tell me you doubt my love for you?  You know what?  I don’t love you, it’s… a stronger feeling than that.”  I gazed lovingly at him, trying to get my point across.

                He kept staring at everything but me and his lack of response pissed me off.  I sat on his stomach and pulled his cheeks with both hands. 

                “Are you listening to me?  I just spilled my guts to you and you say nothing?  You little brat.” 

                He placed his hands over mine and closed his eyes.

                “You really did that to Yixing?  You’re a bad boyfriend, should I even trust you?  That really hurt me, you know.  Seeing you with another man makes me crazy.  I wanted to just throw a tantrum but I always had faith that you would realize my feelings.”

                “Truthfully speaking, I’m pretty sure I’m a dense person.  I couldn’t even read my own feelings.  I thought those butterflies in my stomach were hunger pangs.”

                “You have problems.  I wonder how you’re more experienced than I am…”  He sighed.

                “Experienced?  Oh you mean… oh that… come on, but that was with a girl.”

                “And almost with a boy!”

                “You know, if you were a normal boy, you would be more experienced.”

                “I was your pet, neither of us were normal to begin with.  In any case, I’m sorry that I’m not some manwhore.  Wait, enough of this conversation!  You need to get your to work, okay?  Won’t Junmyeon fire you or something if you’re late?”

                “I think he rather me gone anyway… the last two days when I was searching for you, I called in sick from work and he was happy.  Happy.  He’s obsessed with Yixing and I don’t know why I have to get mixed up with it.  If I tell him we broke up, maybe I’ll even get promoted.”  We both laughed at the ridiculousness.

                Except it actually happened.

                “You and Yixing really broke up?”  Junmyeon was so serious it was scaring me, my skin burned as his stare got more and more intense.

                “Yes, it was mutual.  He’s all yours.  I was actually thinking about how this was finally your chance.”

                Hey a little -kissing always works.

                “You know, I think we need a new chief editor in our American branch.  Are you okay with that, though?”

                Wait what?   Chief editor… that’s like… really high up.

                “We have an American branch?”

                “Yeah, how else would we get information on American athletes?  We have a branch in Italy, Spain, Japan and China, too.  Hm, I think you’ll need to learn some English though but we can get you a translator if necessary.   I mean, you’ll still be writing in Korean because it’s a Korean magazine but the interviews are in English since most Americans don’t speak Korean.  I’ll take good care of Yixing while you’re gone, okay?”  He winked at me. 

                “Aw, Junmyeon, stop it.  You’re making me blush.  I’ll take the job.  When do I move?”

                “Mm… I guess around May.  You’ll have to get a visa and stuff so it might take a while.  For now, you can resume as our top journalist with Baekhyun as your editor.”

                “Thank you so much.”  I bowed so low, I almost folded myself in half.

                Holy crap, this is working out a bit too well.

                When I walked out of the office, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

--------

Author's Note:

Sorry guys, I got home not too long ago.  I put off my homework to write the chapter since I feel bad if I don't update for you guys.  I really don't know how some authors go months without updating.  It almost hurts me not to write for you guys.  Anyway so that was some more fluff... and Luhan got a job in America.  What a coincidence, right?  Yeah so... if you haven't heard it, "Because It's You" was the name of the song Sehun was singing that last time.  It's by Tiffany of Girls Generation and ja;dljd;lkja;ljdak it hits me right in the feels every time I listen to it.  I'm sorry if you don't like the songs that Sehun sung. :P  But ya know, Don't Spray Perfume is my favorite Teen Top song, I don't care what it's about.  I've heard worse here in America.  I could recommend so many songs that make Don't Spray Perfume and even Xiah's Intoxication look like nursery rhyme.  XDDD Oh gawwwddd~  and Americans call Asians weird?  Jesus, some of the songs just... oh my God...  I wonder how they sing it without pissing themselves laughing.  There's a song called "Smell Yo " and...  Okay okay, I'm done, I'm sorry for babbling XD I'm just so tired right now and I probably will look at his A/N tomorrow and be like "What the hell was I thinking?  My readers must think I'm bonkers."  Yeah so... bye.  I love you guys.