Trouble

My Pet

 

                For the rest of the week, we went basically everywhere we could.  We hung out with Tao and Kris a couple of times, too.  Every night Auntie would make us delicious food and Sehun would eat about fifty percent of it.  On the last day, I was in my room and realized that I didn’t have my phone on the whole week because I’m an idiot who turns off his phone then forgets about it.  I even remember saying that I was going to call work and Yixing but then forgot.  I was really worried now.  I knew there’d be at least ten calls from work and a billion calls and texts from my boyfriend.  I closed my eyes while pressing the on button. 

                Bzzt.  Bzzt.  Bzzt.  Bzzt.

                It wouldn’t stop vibrating as a new text came in every two seconds. 

                From: Yixing

                Hey Luhan, why aren’t you at work?
               

From: Yixing

                Luhan why aren’t you answering me?
 

                From: Yixing

                Did I do something wrong?
 

                From: Yixing

                Are you sick or something?

                From: Yixing

                I’m coming over.

                From: Yixing

                Why aren’t you answering the door?

                From: Yixing

                You aren’t playing a prank on me, right?

                From: Yixing

                This isn’t funny anymore.

                From: Yixing

                I just asked the front desk where you went and they said to China, you didn’t think of telling your boyfriend?

                From: Yixing

                Fine.  Ignore me.

                From: Yixing

                I swear to God, Luhan.  If you don’t have a good reason for being like this, I’m going to break up with you.

                My heart was beating out of my chest, I never felt like such an .

                20 Missed Calls From: Work

                .

                I called Junmyeon first.  I really didn’t like calling people but I had to. 

                “Hello?”  I heard his voice on the other line and I was sweating bullets.

                “Junmyeon, um…”

                “Luhan, are you okay?  We were so worried about you!”  Junmyeon shouted into the phone and I had to hold it away from my ear.

                “Yes I’m fi-”

                “Oh if you were so fine, why didn’t you come to work?  You knew we had a big project to do but we had to do it ourselves because our top journalist decided to abandon us.” 

                If Junmyeon’s mad, I’m in deep .

                “Okay, listen.  I had a funeral to go to and it was urgent.”

                “I’m listening.  Who’s funeral and how urgent was it?”

                “My… parents were killed as a result of arson and I had to go to China for the funeral.” 

                There was a silence and I heard him typing away on the keyboard.

                “Oh my God, you’re right.  It’s right here on the news.”

                “What, you’d think I’d lie about my parent’s death?”  I accused angrily.

                “Luhan, I’ve been lied to so many times from my workers that I have to do that.  I’m sorry for your loss but you should’ve told me.  Come back as soon as you can, okay?  Your… friend Yixing was extremely worried about you and kept asking me if you had called me.”

                “I’m coming back tomorrow.”

                “Okay, but you’re not getting any more time off.  You have to make up those five days that you didn’t come to work.”

                “I understand, thank you Junmyeon.” 

                “If you even do that again, though, I’ll demote you.”  He threatened before hanging up.

                If Junmyeon was pissed, Yixing will be even more pissed.

                I was shaking as I clicked his name on my contact list.  Each ring was piercing my soul and I sincerely hoped he wouldn’t pick up.

                “Luhan, I’m so sorry.  My parents told me about your parents just a couple of minutes ago.  Why didn’t you tell me?  I would’ve gone to China with you and comforted you.”

                “I’m sorry, too.  It was urgent and I had to leave as soon as possible.  I think it was better that I went… alone.  I needed to clear my head and calm down.”

                “Do you want to talk about it?”

                “No, it’s fine.  I decided I wasn’t going to cry anymore.”  The feeling of uneasiness was swept away as I realized that I wasn’t in deep .

                “You know what’s funny?”

                “What?” 

                “When I asked the person at the front desk where you were, the person said you went to China…”

                “Wait how is that fun-”

                “…with the person you lived with.”

                ----

Author’s Note:

Alright Luhan’s lying has finally caught up with him.  That short chapter was because I miss giving you guys cliffhangers and I really need to go to sleep.