Valentine's Day (Part IV)

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: /coughs triple update

Though this chapter is short since it's the last date.

Anyway, enjoy guys! I hope this is a good enough gift for me not updating in a little over a month}

 

- - - - -

 

Now...it was time for the last date. The last one of your wonderful Valentine's Day dates with the vampires.

Luhan had held you in his arms, just talking to you about random things, laughing as he made jokes about the other members. Then he checked his watch and stood up, leading you out of the greenhouse and further down the hall.

"Have fun with him," Luhan said gently, kissing your cheek and hugging you. "And get closer too, okay? I can't stand it how awkward the two of you are. Go get him." He chuckled and gently nudged you forward.

You gave him a look but faced the door. Taking a deep breath, you glanced at your reflection in the mirror to fix your hair, since it had frizzed slightly in the humidity of the garden. It looked like it was also nighttime now. You turned back to the door and opened it slowly.

This place was another garden of sorts, though the plants didn't require a humid climitate, but more of a nice spring climate. Nice and cool, but not cold, or hot. It was perfect.

The farther you went, the more nervous you got. It was dark in here, and candles were lighting your bath. It was actually romantic, and you wondered if it was Kris's idea, or one of the other members. Somewhere, in the back of your mind, you hoped that it was Kris's idea.

Then you saw it. The final destination, you could call it. There was a single round table set in the middle of the garden. It had a white tablecloth over it, and there were three candles burning in the middle, purple and all different heights. There were other candles around, and the overall aura was very mysterious and romantic. It was thrilling.

Beside the candles on the table was a tall vase with a few red roses inside. You smiled gently and approached the table, noticing a card there with your name on it. Curiously, you opened it.

Haerin. Mei mei.

I call you these two things, though the latter took a little bit of time.

You know as well as I do, that when we first met, and for a small amount of time afterwards, I didn't really want you in our house. I knew you'd be bad for Tao. Bad for Lay. Bad for the other members. I was scared. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Especially not you.

But I can see now, you were never a bad thing. You were the best thing that could've happened to the guys, to the house...and to me.

Honestly, we're both still kind of awkward. You're closest to Lay, Tao, and the others, because I've kept my distance for fear that I might end up hurting you, or something like that.

I'm not very good with talking, so I figured words flow easier if I write them. That way if I write something I don't want to say, or don't mean, I can just erase them. Talking is different. Once you say something, it's done. You can't erase it, not like you can when you write something down. And I'm scared I'll say something wrong to you, so I just don't talk a lot.

So...I guess the point of this letter was to let you know the things that are hard for me to say. There are quite a few other things I'd love to say to you, mei mei, but I want to be able to say them to you. And when I say them to you, it will be because there's no hesitation. Because I know today, even though the atmosphere may be perfect, it won't be the right time for me to say these things. For some of the other members, it was probably perfect timing.

But for my purposes, my heart, my mind, tonight's not the night. When you know the things in my heart, it will be just us, and you won't have just spent hours with the others.

Now that this embarrassing--for me, anyway--letter is over... I hope that you enjoy your time with me. I won't be able to say this out loud, so just read it, okay? If you even can. God knows my handwriting is terrible.

Kris

With a smile, you slo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter