Valentine's Day (Part II)

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: jfkda;jfkdajf orz. I'll try to update more often guys I'm sorry!}

 

- - - - -

 

After looking through the art with Chen, Chen had disappeared and when you turned back around, Xiumin was standing there with an almost shy smile. Slowly, he held his hand out for you. With a happy smile, you easily slipped your hand into his. Xiumin laughed softly and scratched the back of his head, clearing his throat. "Mm. Did you enjoy the art?"

"Yeah. Some of it was pretty but the rest..."

"Looked like random blobs of paint?" Xiumin guessed.

You only laughed and nodded, since it was true. "So where are you taking me, oppa?"

"That's a surprise!" Xiumin declared. "And you must not know surprises. Then you're not surprised. You must expect the unexpected. Or wait. Don't do that. Or you won't be surprised." He blinked and tilted his head. "I totally forgot where I was going with this."

"Don't hurt yourself," you said kindly, patting Xiumin's arm with a smile. "It's okay oppa. I understand what you meant."

Xiumin looked at you and softened. *That's right. You understand. I don't have to say anything but...you still understand.* His heart warmed up as he gave your hand a gentle, loving squeeze. "Now...to our mystery location." He winked and smiled.

The place Xiumin led you to was outside, but he promised you wouldn't be out here for too long. And the sight was so beautiful you forgot that you were cold.

The area was probably a garden during any season other than winter, so it wasn't like there were plants springing up everywhere. Nor were there butterflies flitting about. Instead, a sparkling and serene blanket of snow covered everything. The whiteness was blinding for a moment, but when your eyes adjusted, it was like a wonderland.

You guessed it was supposed to be a sculpture garden or something of the sort. There in fact were a couple of statues of animals and other colorful things meant for children here and there. And beyond tall iron gates that were opened was a playground. Clapping your hands together, you spun around to face Xiumin who was already looking at you, a gentle smile on his lips.

"Can I go play?!" you asked, eyes bright.

Xiumin laughed and nodded before holding your hand. "Of course, mei mei. But first..." He slipped his suit jacket off before slipping it around your shoulders. "Keep warm. Once your nose starts running and your fingers get numb, we're going back inside. And don't sit on any snow, okay? I don't want you to get sick."

"I wont!" You promised, gratefully putting your arms through the jacket. It warmed you up quickly. "Thank you, oppa." You flashed another smile before running to a swingset that was set in the middle of a stone circle. You could imagine it was beautiful in the spring, flowers surrounding the circle, children happily jumping off the swings and getting scolded by their parents. Dusting the snow off the seat, you carefully sat down and began to rock back and forth on your heels.

Not far from you, Xiumin watched. He crossed his arms, leaning against a stone wall. *She's so cute,* he couldn't help but think. You had a peaceful expression on, your eyes bright yet calm at the same time. Xiumin softened. *She's like a snow princess. Or an angel. Either way she's simply beautiful.*

He was torn from his trance though when he noticed your lips mouthing something, your hand waving. Blinking, he focused on what you were saying. "Come on, oppa! Swing with me!"

Chuckling, Xiumin nodded and walked over to you, dusting the snow off the seat and sitting down. He gripped the chain with one hand, letting the other dangle. His heart nearly skipped a beat when he felt a small, warm hand intertwine their fingers through his. Looking over he saw it was you, and you were smiling at him. "It's pretty here."

Xiumin chuckled. *Should I say it? It's cheesy. It's expected. But...it's true.* He slowly looked at you and brought your hand to his lips. He kissed the back of your hand and smiled. "It's pretty here mei mei, but you're the most beautiful thing here."

Slowly, you met his eyes. Your heart was thrumming in your chest, and you knew Xiumin probably heard it. Blushing, you swallowed hard and looked away. "Th-thank y-you... Though I d-disagree."

"I know you do," he laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter