Hunter

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: I think Chenchen and Xiuminnie need more love~

But yeah. Shorter update~ But I'm making up for the fact that I hardly updated recently =/}

 

- - - - -

 

"I'm sorry," Chen said for probably the millionth time to you as he looked through the movies. From the moment you had woken up after your short nap to now, he'd been constantly apologizing. He even took you up with him to the game room first while everyone else got the snacks.

"I told you already, I'm fine," you said, feeling a bit impatient. "It wasn't your fault."

He let out a laugh void of mirth as he walked to you and brushed your hair from your shoulder, running his fingertips over the marks he left. "That was definitely my fault, mei mei. I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to control myself around you."

You swatted his hand away and moved your hair back over your shoulder. "It's not that you're not strong enough, oppa. I know you are. You just don't know it."

Chen sighed and shook his head. "You're such an optimist."

"That's not a bad thing."

"Never said it was." He gave you a tiny smile and went back to the movies. "Hm...which genre: horror, comedy, or action?"

"Horror's gross," you said, wrinking your nose.

"Yeah, but they're funny to watch if they're about vampires. Comedy then?"

"Comedy usually means a group of guys in a movie making idiots of themselves and making dirty jokes."

Chen laughed. "The sad part is you're right. Then action?"

You smiled. "I like superhero movies."

"We just got The Avengers." Chen held up the case.

"Sounds good." You nodded in approval. "I saw it in theaters too."

"Psh," Chen scoffed playfully. "You just think the actor that plays Thor is hot, right?"

"You caught me," you joked, laughing.

Chen joined in in your laughter, poking your cheek. "You're adorable mei mei. Besides, I'm obviously hotter than Thor."

"But Thor's a god," you argued. "Gods are like, perfect."

"I've been called a god before." Chen straightened up, squaring his shoulders and lifting his chin. "Do you see this jaw line and how high my cheekbones are? Plus I have a pretty damn kickass singing voice."

You smiled softly. "Do you now?"

Chen nodded, happy you were talking to him more. You were finally opening up to him, and he liked that. He wanted to get closer to you, to be able to act casually with you like the others did. "I'll sing you to sleep one night," he offered, his tone suddenly soft.

"Who knows what you'd do to her after she fell asleep," a voice suddenly said. You both looked up to see Xiumin coming in with a bowl of popcorn in one arm, the others following behind.

Chen rolled his eyes. "Way to ruin the mood I had going there, hyung."

"That's my job," he replied with a chuckle. "Who do you want to sit next to tonight, mei mei?"

"It doesn't matter," you assured with an easy smile. "I don't mind sitting next to anyone."

"Then you're sitting next to me!" Xiumin declared with a cute smile, grabbing your pink chair and setting it down next to his. He sat the bowl of popcorn down and clapped happily. "Now...who else is sitting next to you?"

Chen opened his mouth, but Kris shot him a look. "I will," he said instead. Kris was still mad at Chen for hurting you, honestly. And even though he yelled at Chen for a good hour, he still couldn't surpress the urge to strangle him. That wouldn't kill him either since they were vampires, so Kris seriously considered it.

Chen sighed and moved away from Kris, sensing the other's anger. Chen put the movie in and grabbed the remote, sitting back in his beanbag chair beside Xiumin. "Hyung, give me some popcorn."

"No." Xiumin lifted the bowl away from him. "This is for me and mei mei, not you." Xiumin stuck his tongue out at Chen. Great. Childish Xiumin was back.

"I don't mind sharing," you said quietly, staring at the screen. Xiumin groaned and held out the bowl to Chen, who happily cheered and took a handful, shoving the popcorn into his mouth.

Kris smiled a tiny, tiny bit at the scene. "Hey mei mei," he whispered. You looked up at him in surprise, a question in your eyes. "Are you okay?" he continued. "I didn't get the chance to ask..." Kris's chocolate brown eyes looked straight into yours. He was very forward, very blunt. But also very caring.

"I'm fine," you assured with a tiny smile. "Luhan ge was worse than Jongdae oppa. I'm still strong." You beamed and flexed your right arm, showing him your nonexistent muscles.

He chuckled and nodded, lowering your arm. "I get it. Make sure to put those guns away, mei mei." You lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter