Twelve

Inappropriate Winking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 




Yixing suspected that Lu Han and Kai both knew after just two weeks, even if Sehun swore on his own life that he had not told the pair anything.

“Well, you guys are pretty obvious,” Sehun added, rolling his eyes. “You and Kris are always staring at each other and holding hands under the table.”

“Key phrase being under the table where others can’t see,” Yixing groaned. “Lu Han keeps smirking at me.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he could tell, since he is your best friend and all. He knows you pretty well,” Sehun shrugged. “Plus, you can’t act worth crap, and it’s suspicious when you guys are both late to breakfast on the same day or decide to go to the bathroom at the same time and disappear for 10 whole minutes.”

“Stop it,” Yixing complained, whacking Sehun on the arm.

“Hey, I'm just trying to help,” Sehun yelped, jumping out of his reach.

 

 

 


Yixing found it surprisingly easy to adjust to the fact that he was dating a guy, and he didn’t really mind other people knowing, minus the whole “awwwww that’s so cute” part which he hated. He decided that their friends had a right to know, and gathered them around for the announcement three weeks into the relationship.

“That’s it?” Baekhyun asked, rolling his eyes. “Jesus Christ, Yixing, we could have told you that two months ago.”

“Congratulations, though, officially!” Lu Han replied, giving Yixing a one armed hug. “Even though, you know, I kind of already figured it out.”

“How?” Kris asked, brows furrowed.

“Um…I saw you guys making out in that corner near the science wing a week or so after we got back from break,” Lu Han admitted.

Oh.

The only reason that Yixing had decided to continue to hide the relationship from the rest of the school was because no matter what, Kris was still a celebrity and a public figure. It didn’t feel right for him to claim Kris like that when thousands of people looked up to him as his fans.

It turned out that he shouldn’t have worried because a week later, a picture of Kris and Yixing hugging, fingers intertwined together and looking very intimate, appeared on the front page of Celebu Magazine, headline titled: Supermodel Kris Wu’s Secret Relationship.

Yixing was in history class when a horrified Lu Han tapped him with his pencil and slid his laptop over soundlessly, bringing up an electronic copy of the story. Yixing read it quickly with wide-eyes, and then moved to search the story on Baidu, only to have his worst fears confirmed. The story had already gone viral, and had been picked up by almost every print magazine, online blog, and tv entertainment news station in Asia.

This was so not how he had envisioned revealing this relationship.

Although the story did not seem to have gotten around the school yet, Yixing knew that it was bound to in just a matter of hours.

As soon as the bell rang, he took off towards his room.

On the way there, he was bombarded with supportive phone calls from his parents, Henry, and Ying, who all promised to stand by him no matter what. He screeched to a stop in front of the door just in time to hear Kris’ manager’s voice issuing from the phone was on speaker.

“…unacceptable,” the voice was ranting. “I am your manager, your agent, and your press secretary, Wu Yifan. I know I have been working for you for a really long time, but I cannot do my job if you don’t let me. Do you realize how many calls I’ve gotten this morning? The phone has been ringing off the hook. What was I supposed to say? ‘My client refuses to tell me about anything going on i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter