Iced Coffee

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

~*{Chapter Eight: Iced Coffee}*~

 


 

~*~

tumblr_m6vadrfYdM1rxgaoqo4_250.gif
 

~*~

Everyone shuffled in as Suho and Kris called for a sudden meeting- even Tao, who's shift didn't start till that evening, was called in. The room was especially quiet since sudden meetings were never a good thing. Ever. The only sounds in the room were that of whispers being exchanged between staff members as everyone tried to predict the contents of the meeting- all secretly praying to God that it's not one of those team-bonding meetings.

 

Kris cleared his throat, snapping everyone from their morning haze and motioned for Suho to start the meeting. Suho nervously fidgeted as he looked through some paperwork and eventually, he eyed Kris- signaling the older one to take over. Kris nodded and stood up as he glanced around the room once- only to notice that someone was missing.

 

"Where the hell is Kai?" Kris asked, his voice low and laced with a hint of rising anger. The older one immediately glanced at Kyungsoo- only to receive a shrug in reply.

 

Almost if on cue, Kai came busting in the conference room- not even in uniform. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he looked the younger one up and down. Kai looked like he just rolled in from a motorcycle gang and Kris' expression was nothing but murderous.

 

"You're late." Kris hissed and Kai gave a stupid grin before plopping down next to the Sous Chef.

 

"Well, yes. I wasn't expected to come in till a hour later, but you suddenly called a sudden meeting and I was already at an appointment with someone. Of Course I'd be late." Kai shot back and Kris pinched the bridge of his nose- reminding himself that murder is illegal.

 

He shook his head and turned back to the rest of the staff members. "Anyways, we have an important announcement to make. The restaurant will be closed for two weeks."

 

Everyone's eyes widen in shock at Kris' announcement and sudden  thoughts of 'bankrupt' ran through everyone's minds. Kris rolled his eyes before continuing. "NO, we are not going out of business, you idiots. We are a five-star restaurant! I said for two weeks and two weeks only. Reason being is that it's time for the annual Delux Chef's competition and this year it will be held in Tokyo, Japan. We will be participating this year and we will be there for two week. Now, before I continue, is there anyone who objects?"

 

Kris asked- not really expecting anyone to object since usually the staff was excited when traveling was involved. However, one tiny hand shot up from the crowd and it was none other than Sehun. Everyone in the room shot glances at the young busser and even Kris was shocked to see that he had objected.

 

"You don't want to go?" Kris asked and Sehun nodded.
 

"I really don't want to..." Sehun mumbled.

 

Kris frowned. "Why? We need the whole staff there, including you." 

 

Sehun opened his mouth to say something, but Tao leaned in to whisper something in the young busser's ear. They exchanged soft smiles and gazes as Tao squeezed Sehun's hand in a reassuring gesture- earning a grimace from the Assistant General Manager. Tao then turned to Kris and looked at the Assistant General Manager with soft eyes and Kris was taken aback by the sudden different expression.

 

"He'll go." Tao said and Sehun's eyes stayed glued to his friend. Kris raised an eyebrow, his own curiosity peaking at the sight of the weird relationship between the two young ones, but shook his heads to void the weird thoughts. 

 

"Alright then, anyone else?," Kris called and when he saw that no one else was going to object, he continued. ", alright then. The details of the competition itself will be gone over one we are in Japan. We will be leaving two days from now, so that gives you all enough time to pack and whatnot. If any of you have any other questions, just asked Suho. Or you could ask me, but if It's stupid I will slap you." 

 

"Yes, Assistant General Manager." Everyone replied in unison.

 

"Alright, dismissed. "Kris yelled and everyone slowly started making their way out the conference room. Kai got up and stretched a bit before his eyes landed on the Sous Chef- making his way from the conference room. 

 

A sneaky grin appeared on his lips as he tip-toed behind the Sous Chef and threw his arms around the shorter one- back hugging him.

 

"K-Kai!" yelped Kyungsoo at the sudden hug and Kai could see the shorter one blushing. He leaned and let his lips brush against the Sous Chef's ear, ignoring the stares of the bypassing staff members.

 

"Hyung~ Make me iced coffee....please...I need coffee! " whined Kai and Kyungsoo began squirming to get out of the younger one's hold. 

 

"G-Get Off!" Kyungsoo hissed as he tried to pry the younger one's arms from around his waist.

 

Kai tightened his hold as he snuggled into the shorter one's neck- earning a surprised gasp and a sudden shiver from the Sous Chef.

 

"Make me coffee~ Please~ Hyung, I need Coffee. Iced Coffee. It was fricken burning outside. Kyungie-hyung, please~" Kai groaned, still nuzzled into the Sous Chef's neck. Another shiver worked its way through Kyungsoo as Kai's breath glossed along his skin- leaving goose bumps in its trail.

 

Kyungsoo weakened as his knees felt weak and gave a loud sigh- signaling his defeat. "A-Alright, Alright already! Let's go into the kitchen."

 

"Yes!" Kai cheered as danced of to the kitchen, singing along the way. "Iced Coffee~! Iced Coffee~!"

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he trailed behind the younger one into the kitchen. He mentally cursed Suho for telling the young bartender about his previous job as barista because something told him that coffee was going to be the death of him.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Kyungsoo let out a soft sigh as he gazed down at the young bartender who was fast asleep on the kitchen counter. Kyungsoo had only turned his back for a few minutes to make the iced coffee- only to find the person who requested it  asleep. 

 

"Kai....Kai! Wake up! Your drink...." grumbled Kyungsoo as he gently shook Kai. The young bartender's eyes fluttered open as he just stared up at Kyungsoo, not moving his head from the counter. It was silent and Kyungsoo stared back as his cheeks burned. "W-What...?"

 

A soft, lovely smiled graced Kai's lips as he stared up at Kyungsoo. "I like waking up to you...It should happen more often."

 

Kyungsoo's face flushed completely as he tugged Kai's head up by the ear. "S-Shut up and just drink the damn coffee."

 

Kai let out a whimper as he rubbed at his ear. Just as Kyungsoo turned to leave, a pair of arms locked around his waist and pulled him back. He stumbled back and was pulled onto Kai's lap.

 

"L-Let g-go..." Kyungsoo hissed, weakly, as he squirmed in Kai's lap. Kai tightened his hold and nuzzled his nose into Kyungsoo's back.

 

"No. I don't want to. Stay here with me, hyung. Atleast till I finish the coffee. " Kai mumbled and Kyungsoo could feel the younger one's lips pressed into his back as it sent a small shiver coursing through him. "Please, hyung?"

 

"A-Alright..." Kyungsoo mumbled and Kai shifted Kyungsoo in his lap to where they were both comfortable enough- well till Kai was comfortable. Kyungsoo was sitting sideways on Kai's lap with one of the younger one's arms locked around his waist. Kai's other hand was occupied with the Iced Coffee and Kyungsoo just gently ran his fingers through Kai's soft hair as the younger one sipped at his coffee.
 

"Do you like my hair, hyung?" Kai asked suddenly.

 

Kyungsoo, lost in his trance with the younger one's hair, nodded as his eyes stayed glued to his fingers running through Kai's locks. "Yes...I wish I had hair like yours...."

 

"You have lovely hair, hyung. I like your hair." Kai stated and Kyungsoo froze to glance at the younger one. Kai smiled up at him with a soft smile as the younger one sat the nearly finished Iced Coffee onto the counter- allowing both of his arms to wrap around Kyungsoo's waist. 

 

Kyungsoo however was distracted by the white whip cream and caramel syrup that found it's way to the corner's of Kai's mouth. A soft laugh escaped from his lips.


 

"You're messy." Kyungsoo stated and Kai's eyes flickered with confusion.

 

"What?"


"I said you're messy. " Kyungsoo repeated as he lifted his fingers and wiped the whip cream and caramel from the younger one's mouth. He lifted his now dirty fingers to show Kai. "See, you had all of this on the corners of your mouth."

 

Kai's facial expression turned extra soft and  Kyungsoo was taken aback by the gaze he received from the younger one. "I like when you're soft towards me..."

 

Before Kyungsoo could even reply, Kai's slim fingers wrapped around his wrist as the younger one brought his lips to the whip cream and caramel covered finger tips. A soft gasp slipped from Kyungsoo's lips as Kai and slowly at his fingers- removing the remnants of the Iced Coffee. Another shudder coursed it's way through Kyungsoo's body as Kai continued to sensually at his fingers. Kyungsoo knew that his fingers where clean, but for some reason he couldn't pull himself away.

 

Kai locked gazes with Kyungsoo, who's cheeks were flourished with a light pink color, and hummed a little as he took Kyungsoo's fingers deeper. A soft mewl slipped from Kyungsoo's lips as his eyes fluttered at the vibration around his fingers. He chewed on his bottom lip to keep any more sounds slipping past his lips and his heart fluttered when Kai pulled back with a soft, lewd pop that echoed through the empty kitchen.

 

"Kyungsoo-hyung..." Kai breathed as he leaned in- their lips barely touching. Kyungsoo's heart fluttered erratically as Kai's breath glossed against his lips, but then his eyes fell onto something that snapped him from his trance.

 

There was a light, but visible purple mark on Kai's collarbone and Kyungsoo's eyes lowered. He pushed away from Kai and scrambled from his lap.

 

"Kyungsoo...?" Kai called and he noticed the anger and hurt that flickered across the Sous Chef's eyes. "What's wrong?"

 

 

"Nothing!" Kyungsoo growled and Kai was taken aback. Kyungsoo didn't mean to sound so angry, but the hickey he saw awoke a anger in him that he wasn't even aware he could feel. He turned and stormed out- leaving a confused bartender calling after him.

 

 

He will never make coffee again. Ever.

 

 

~*~

 


AN:// Don't worry, Kaisoo will recover~~~ authornim loves you all ^^