Broken Coffee Mug

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

|| Chapter Fourty-Four: Broken Coffee Mug ||

 

 

 

 

tumblr_inline_npkyo4Q7pL1tvou3e_500.gif

 


 

 

~*~

 

 

There's a steady beep-ing coming From the monitor Yi Xing is hooked up too and it echoed so loudly against the suffocating white walls. He looks pale, sickly almost, and Suho doesn't have the heart to turn away or leave his side-even if just for a second.

 

He doesn't know the context of the texts that did this to the young server, but the gut feeling he has tells him it's probably linked back to his family.

The door nearly slams open, effectively cutting off any thoughts Suho had and he looks up to see a livid -hostess. Luhan's never looked this angry and he's never looked this distraught before. There's this thing about Luhan, about why he chose to go by the term hostess instead of host, but that Luhan is no where to be seen.

 

The Lu Han that stands before Suho is everything the normal Luhan isn't-intense, intimidating, and  cold closed off serious expression.

Suho hasn't seen this Luhan in a very long time, but the light bulbs start to flicker when he sees the way the taller one looks at Yi Xing.

Something ugly begins to stir in the depths of his belly even as Luhan starts fussing over Yi Xing checking for injuries.

 

The ugliness doesn't dieout- even as he plasters a smile to his face.

This isn't like Suho and he doesn't know what's going on anymore

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

Kyungsoo can’t get the idea out of his head- now that’s it’s suddenly crossed his mind and his eyes linger on the Pastry Chef and the Busser.

 

Tao’s sitting down, a worried expression on his face as he and Kris exchange a few words.  Sehun’s sitting to the left of Tao, but chatting with Baekhyun quietly.

 

And even though the two are speaking to other people, Kyungsoo can see it-

 

“I don’t know how we’ve been this blind the whole time.” Kyungsoo mumbles to himself in wonder  and he really doesn’t know how they’ve all been this blind.

 

“About what, hyung?” Kai’s voice startles Kyungsoo and the older male jerks his knee up into the table he’s sitting at. A hiss leaves his lips as he shoots a glare at Kai.

 

“I’m going to get you a bell so you can’t sneak up on me anymore.”

 

Kai grins, pulling Kyungsoo into a side hug as he stares at his other hyungs chatting- everyone’s been a little worried since Yi Xing and the others aren’t back from the hospital yet. “I’m sorry. But, what’s wrong?”

 

“Ah,” Kyungsoo sighs, eyes trained on the Pastry Chef and Busser yet again. “I may just be over-reading into things, but….don’t you think that Sehun’s in love with Tao? And Tao’s possibly in love with Sehun?”

 

Kai chokes on air- expecting everything but that to come out of the Sous Chef’s mouth- as he stares at Kyungsoo incredulously. “W-what??? Who told you that?”

 

“I mean, I didn’t fully realize it until I thought about Yi Xing, Suho, and Lu Han, but now that I have...I’m almost positive that there’s something…” Kyungsoo trials and Kai can tell that the Sous Chef’s mind is turning a mile a minute. “...oh well. I’ve gotta go find Minseok. I have something to ask him.”

 

In seconds, Kai’s arms are particularly empty and Kyungsoo slips out the room with ease- leaving the Bartender to his own thoughts.
 

Kai watches as Tao shifts- and seconds later, Sehun shift almost in unison.

 

Now that he thinks about it, the two have never acted as two singular parts, but rather as one whole.

 

Maybe, just maybe Kyungsoo’s right.


 

 

~*~

 

 

There’s a numb feeling all throughout his joints and Yi Xing can just barely make out the soft exchange of words between Suho and Luhan- but there are heavier thoughts weighing down on his mind.

 

He thinks of the texts that remind him that he's wrong and he thinks of the phone call that caused the ground beneath his feet to shake and tremble.

 

The tears prickle at Yi Xing's eyes because he's to blame and he never wanted this to happen- no matter how his relationship with his family was.


 

Joonmyun hears a sniffle and he cuts off his sentence as he glances at Yi Xing- the server has been quiet, only answering Luhan's questions here and there. Worry sinks into Joonmyun's skin the moment he sees the tears roll down Yi Xing' cheeks.

 

"Xing, what's wrong?"

 

Luhan picks up the worry in Joonmyun's voice in seconds, eyes frantically searching the monitor Yi Xing's hooked up to. "Are you okay? Are you hurting anywhere?"

 

The sob that tears through Yi Xing's throat is heartbreaking, but the thing that hammers against Luhan's heart the most is how he automatically reaches for Joonmyun- not him.

 

Joonmyun feels a piece of himself die as he gather's Yi Xing in his arms, holding him to his chest as close as possible. He can feel the trembles roll through Yi Xing in rapid waves and even he feels like crying because he has no way to help the server.

 

"It's my fault, " Yi Xing sobs, tears staining Joonmyun's t-shirt. ", I didn't mean for it to happen. If I could fix myself I would. If I could take it all back..."

 

Luhan doesn't have to ask to know what his best friend means and the anger flares from the bottom of his stomach- mixing in with the jealousy that's been there for a while.

 

"There's nothing wrong with you." Luhan bites out and it takes a second for all the pieces to fall together before Joonmyun finally understands.

 

"Yi Xing, what happened with your family?" Joonmyun asks hesitantly, voice barely audible over Yi Xing's hiccups.

 

"My father...he had a heart-attack and he's in critical condition. Mom... she said it was my fault. I didn't want it to happen! He's the only dad I have and s-she won't even let me see him. I didn't mean for it to happen, I swear. Joonmyun, you have to believe me, I didn't, " The sobs that rip from Yi Xing's throat are painful to hear and Joonmyun feels his own eyes water in seconds.  ",- I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If I could take it all back.. I would. If I could fix who I love, I would! But I can't help that I'm attracted to men! I would be normal if I could. Just, he can't die. He can't."

 

Part of Joonmyun's heart breaks and doubt begins to fill its cracks because thoughts of if Yi Xing regrets them flash across his mind, but he decides that this isn't the time. Yi Xing needs him now more than ever and so Joonmyun simply holds him as close as possible.

 

"It'll be okay. I promise, it'll be okay." Joonmyun hums and Luhan opens his mouth, but the words don't fall out.

 

Luhan wants to console Yi Xing- rip him from Joonmyun's hands- but the overwhelming and conflicting emotions swimming through him paralyzes him.

 

He watches as Joonmyun plants little kisses on Yi Xing's head as he tries to calm the server down and all he can think about how he wishes it was him.

 

Wishes that he could be that person in Yi Xing's heart and at one point, he thought he was, but somewhere along the way Joonmyun's managed to wiggle his way so effortlessly into the spot that Luhan tried so hard for.

 

The realization comes crashing down like ice water and Luhan runs- runs until the tears in his eyes make his surroundings unrecognizable.

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

There's a thing about bad omens that Tao has always been superstitious about. So when the cup of coffee he was holding seemingly breaks out of no where- apprehension rolls through Tao as he tense. The conversation among the others stop as they stare at Tao with concern written on their face.

 

"Are you okay,Zi Tao?" Minseok asks, eyebrows furrowing in concern. Sehun edges closer to Tao, but the Pastry Chef has an unreadable expression on his face.

 

"Tao?" Kyungsoo calls, puzzled as why the younger one suddenly tensed up.

 

Tao has a feeling- a feeling that something is coming his way, but there's no way to explain that to everyone else. He quickly glances at Sehun and the understanding is written in his best friend's eyes.The small frown on Sehun's lips indicate that he's worried, but Tao smiles awkwardly as he moves to pick up the broken cup.

 

"Yeah, I'm okay, " Tao says hesitantly. ", my fingers just slipped."


Something......something just doesn't seem right.

 

 

~*~

 


||Author's Note||: Hey guys, are you surprised!!! New chapter release :) I am planning to finish this. Sorry, life catches up to me sometimes and I struggle to balance uni, a full time job, and a relationship and abgihbrgiehrnowt all that adult-like stuff. Anyways, stay tuned for more chapter releases, I'll be wrapping up this soon so that I can start cupid kitchen 2. My writing style changed so drastically from the beginning of this story, so I'm excited to kinda move on already. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy! Thanks to everyone who's stuck around and for all the comments and upvotes.

 

Authornim loves you!!!

 

P.S- come be friends with me on instagram bulgogied_dimsum

we can follow exo things- so i can not feel too shameful about following all these exo-related accounts.

 

P.S.S- it's forreal been a while hasn't it? I'm sorry!

 

P.S.S.S- Hey, Tokitok, incase you so by chance happen to see this waifu- I miss you! <3 <3 darling, it's been too lonely withotu you <3 haha