Soda Fizz

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

||~*{ Chapter Thirty-Seven: Soda Fizz }*~||

 

 


 

~*~

09z4w.gif

~*~


"Ugh....so tired from that long drive...." Baekhyun muttered, more to himself, throwing his baggage to the floor and directly face-planting into the nearest bed.


Chanyeol hesitated slightly before fully walking into the room and shutting the door behind him before claiming the bed opposite of the shorter one.


He was perched awkwardly onto the edge of the bed, eyes glued to Baekhyun, unsure of whether or not he should say something- or anything at all.


“Yeol, stop. I can feel you staring.” Baekhyun stated, forcing a grin as he turned to met the gaze of the taller one.


This definitely wasn’t comfortable, but Baekhyun knew that there wasn’t any chance to change the rooming situation and there probably wouldn’t be anyone other than Kai and Tao who would even consider switching rooms, but both had Kyungsoo and Sehun to deal with .


Chanyeol’s lips naturally pulled into a frown the moment he saw how forced and stretched Baekhyun’s smile was. They may not be on good terms, but they were close friends and Chanyeol could read Baekhyun like an open book.


“Stop.” Chanyeol breathed and Baekhyun’s smile fell, realizing that Chanyeol was one person he could not lie to.


Baekhyun regained himself and forced a smile before rolling over to rummage into his bag for his magazine- hoping it would occupy his thoughts from Chanyeol’s knowing gaze.


“Stop what? I have no clue what you mean, Yeolie.” Baekhyun muttered, flipping through his magazine, but not really paying attention to any of the pages in detail.


Chanyeol could feel the pent up anger slowly bubbling to the surface as he watched Baekhyun pretend to be disinterested and nonchalant, but Baekhyun was no fool.


“Baekhyun, you know what you’re doing. So stop!” Chanyeol hissed, bolting up from his place and for a moment Baekhyun’s masked slipped as his eyes flickered up to meet Chanyeol’s- shocked to see hurt swarming in the taller one’s deep, brown eyes.


“I-I’m not doing anything, Channie. You’re just imagining things!” Baekhyun shot back, but his voice wavered and he knew that he was failing miserably at keeping up his front.


Chanyeol snapped, striding over to the bed before yanking Baekhyun to his feet- flushing against his chest as he towered over him.


“I hate that. I hate that you’re lying to me. I hate that you’re fricken lying to me! I hate how you’re smiling. I hate how we can’t even be in the same room anymore. I hate how our conversations died and how awkward we are around each other. I ing hate it. I want my Baekhyun back. I want my Byun Baekhyun back. The Baekhyun that calls out to me and smiles honestly. Not the one in front of me right now who’s forcing smiles so hideous it makes me want to hurl. You’re not supposed to be like this- We’re not supposed to be like this.”


“Shut the hell up. You don’t get to do this,” Baekhyun snapped back, anger growing with each and every stab of the taller one’s words. “You don’t get to tell me how I’m ‘supposed’ to be ,okay?! For once just please stop and consider what it’s like to be in my position. I’m in love with you Chanyeol and I’m afraid I don’t know for how long. Feelings aren’t like food- there’s no exact expiration date! I’m trying, Chanyeol. I fricken’ trying to go back to how we were, but as of right now- this is the best I can do. I know alright, I know that you don’t feel the same. I got it and I understand that you want to fight for this friendship- and I do too, but you have to give me time. I need time. Just please....I need time.”

Baekhyun’s anger disappeared as he eyes glistened with tears and quickly slipped out of the taller one’s hold. “Baek....where are you going?”


“I-I just have to get some fresh air or something...I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I didn’t mean to snap....after all. it’s not your fault. I’m sorry, I just...” Baekhyun trailed off as he scrambled for his jacket and shoes.


“Baek! Wait a second! Baek! We’re not done talking!” Chanyeol called as he watched the shorter one head towards the door.


Baekhyun just wrapped his fingers around the handle before he was surprisingly yanked back and slammed into the back of the door. He was pinned, with Chanyeol’s hands planted on both sides of his head, as a small whimper escaped his lips. Chanyeol’s head was hung low, eyes trained to the floor, as he attempted to calm down a little.


“Y-Yeol, move.”


“No. I’m not moving. You can’t just run away. Everything will just get worse if you do. You can’t do this to me. “


“Yeol, I’m seriou-mphff!” Baekhyun started, only to have lips pressed harshly against his.


Chanyeol could feel the other’s breath hitch against his lips and he could tell Baekhyun tensed almost immediately.


Agitated that Baekhyun wasn’t responding whatsoever, Chanyeol crushed his lips even harder onto Baekhyun’s as he roughly cupped the shorter one’s face in his hands.


“Chanyeol....stop...” Whimpered Baekhyun against the taller one’s lips, making no move to push the taller one away as the tears he fought to hold back eventually escaped him.


Eventually, Chanyeol pulled away, taking a deep breath before he locked gazes with the shorter one. “ You aren’t being fair, Baek. You aren’t meeting me halfway. You aren’t understanding from my point of view, either. These past few weeks, I’ve been  going crazy. I miss you...I don’t know-”


“Stop, stop,stop, stop. Just stop. I can’t...I just...I need to go.”


Before Chanyeol could say anything more, Baekhyun was long gone and out the room- leaving the taller one starring blanking at the spot he was in just moments ago. He traced his fingertips across his lips, still able to feel Baekhyun’s own lips, and attmpted to rack his brack for any possible explanation for why he just kissed the best friend he was trying to win back.
 

Best friends don't kiss and Chanyeol knew that as he felt his heart flutter softly;
 

Lips still burning as a unknown, fizziy warm feeling bubbled through him.

 

 


||Author's Note||: Hey loves, I know this is a short chapter ^^. but I'll promise the next update will be longer. It may be a little while before I update this again considering I have a crap ton of things to get done this month and what not, but I do hope you enjoy the Baekyeol~ I know I said they'd be fixed soon and they will! within the next two or three chapters because this trip is where Yeol finally comes to terms of his feelings ( as seen above with the fizzy warm feeling he is experience above) Next chapter is some hot XiuChen time ( so if you see that it's rated and you don't really approve of rated stuff, you might want to skip the second half of the next chapter lol.)  Also, thanks to everyone who comments, subscribe, and upvotes! It means alot and I love you all!

I'll try to update quickly! <3 (Ignore spelling mistakes and grammer)