{ Episode 1 } So I Got Married -

Reality Over Fantasy: We Got Married?

 

 On Air                    ★ 

Hyunwol’s P.O.V.
Episode I; Part 2/5
Bachelorette’s van


“Ah, seriously. This is a conspiracy.” I mumbled, looking out the window. It was only a few minutes to Hongdae – around 10 minutes, give or take. I sat behind the driver’s seat and for the first time in a long while, was alone in the van. I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to do anything. I couldn’t really just sit still and do nothing – honestly, all the anticipation on finding out who the husband would be was kind of making me nervous.

I sat up and leaned closer to the camera they set up inside the van, fixing my hair in the process and doing cute facial expressions. Sang Gon could see me from the rearview mirror and laughed.

<< Caption: Aegyo Hyunyoung is here? >>

MC 1: laughs. “Really, how cute.”
MC 3: “Charisma Hyunyoung has a cute side as well.” Nods.


“What? Is it weird?” I laughed. I could never really do aegyo. That was Jinae’s job – and in a sense, Aerin unnie’s as well with her pretty eye smiles. I was fit for charismatic expressions more.

“Yes. Very, very weird.” Sang Gon commented carelessly. Feigning hurt; I scoffed and hit the back of his headrest. It only seemed to make him even more amused as he laughed harder. “Weird Hyun, I don’t know how your husband will survive.”

“Why is everyone concerned about my future husband and yet freely gives me off for marriage? What is this? This is so not right.” I commented, hitting the back of his headrest one more time for good measure before slumping back in my seat. I fiddled with my phone, though not really doing anything. I kept staring blankly at the screen with Charlie’s message of encouragement for me written in the conversation log.

<< Princess Soo; 10:58:24 am: Keep calm, girl. Don’t be too nervous, it’ll be over before you know it. Park Hyunwol, fighting! >>

I kind of wished Charlie was with me. Out of all the Bachelorette members, she was the one I got along the best with. I loved Jinae, she reminded me so much of the twins back home, and my respect for our two eldest went through the roof, but I was closer with Charlie. Maybe it was because we were both ’91-liners. Or maybe it was because she had become my biggest rival through the years of being in Bachelorette. Whatever it was, it made us closer and I really wouldn’t ask for anything else.

“We’re here.” Sang Gon suddenly said, pulling over to a stop. My eyes widened and I looked out the tinted window of the van, seeing a café in the near distance. He looked behind his shoulder and grinned at me, “Go and walk, it’ll do well for you.”

“What. Yah, what did you say? Are you implying I’m getting fat?” I had to laugh though. I knew Sang Gon was just trying to cheer me up by flaring my anger. It was a weird way for me to forget my worries, but it seemed to work for him so I didn’t question it. “Ah, really. My Manager is so cruel, why couldn’t I get a cute one like Jinae’s?”

“Hurry up before your husband decides to leave you, yeah?” he said, unlocking the doors. I shot him an irritated look, sticking my tongue out as well, before opening the van’s door.

MC 2: “Oh is that really her manager? Really, Bachelorette must be surrounded by good looking men!”
MC 3: “I heard he was married though…”
MC 2: “Stop making up nonsense!”


“Wah, it’s been a long time since I’ve been in Hongdae.” I told my VJ, trying to fix the white summer dress they gave me. I had no idea why they made me wear this though, especially since summer was already slowly making room for autumn. I craned my neck walking towards the café.

For some reason, I started getting nervous. This was very unlikely of me, and if Charlie were here, she’d have laughed at me already. There was just something very nerve-wracking about the thought of meeting your future husband, even if it was merely a fake marriage. I don’t know what to call it, but the people I knew who have joined the reality show had it as well.

“Crap, there’s someone!” I squeaked. Oh God, what was happening to me? I never squeaked. Squeaking was Jinae’s forte. Nonetheless, I was already on the verge of biting my nails. The coordis would kill me though, ruining perfectly good French tips. I looked at the camera and tried to calm myself down. “Oh, what do I do? What do I do?”

I tried to look through the window, making out who exactly it was in the café. There was a young man there, with a camera crew surrounding him, though I could hardly tell who it was. His back was turned to me and he was slightly hunched over what looked to be his phone. It would have been impossible for me to say who he was without him seeing me first.

“Do I just go in? Why am I so nervous?” I laughed because there wasn’t really anything I could do. Covering my mouth, I tried looking in again. Some people inside the café were already eyeing me weirdly, some girls even taking out their phones. “Oh gosh…”

<< Caption: Just make your decision… >>

“I’m going in?” I said in a questioning manner. Laughter bubbled in my throat, but I managed to suppress it long enough for me to enter the café. I did a slight bow as the person whom I thought was the manager at the store and glanced towards the guy seated near the corner of the café. He didn’t even glance up but the PD nearby told me I was right on track.

I slowly approached the stranger, almost feeling my heart burst from my chest. My gut feeling had always been right before; the question was just what was the reason for my nervousness? I reached out and tapped the guy’s shoulder. When he turned I think my heart had already stopped.

“Oh, my God!” I gasped and laughed, covering my quickly reddening face. The grinning face of DBSK’S Jung Yunho stared back at me, laughing as he saw my flustered state. He rose quickly and bowed politely, even though he was clearly the sunbae between us. At a loss, I dazedly bowed back, giggling to myself every so often before he asked me to sit down with me. “Is this for real?” I asked the VJs filming us. My grin would not stop growing. “Because if it is, I’m seriously taking back everything I said! We Got Married is daebak, seriously!”

<< Caption: …who… is this person…? >>

MC 1: “Omo! DBSK’s U-Know Yunho? Power cast couple!”
MC 2: “Is this real? Wah. Dammit, why couldn’t I be casted! Ah, seriously.”
MC 3: “…you’re missing the point here though.”


Okay, I have a boyfriend, that’s something I have to remember. But Jung Yunho has been my ideal type since even before I met Sungmin, so this didn’t really count, right? Right?

I kept covering my mouth, trying to seal in my giddiness but my grin wouldn’t stop growing. Yunho had a grin on his face too, letting out silent chuckles at my actions occasionally.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m DBSK’s U-Know Yunho.” He finally, formally introduced after I assured him I was fine. I could still feel my ears turning red and my cheeks burning though.

<< Caption: Dong Bang Shin Ki’s shining leader, U-Know Yunho! Hyunyoung’s husband…? >>

“Ah, yes. I’m Bachelorette’s Hyunyoung.” I bowed in my seat and couldn’t step feeling giddy. My grin wouldn’t leave my face, which to be honest, isn’t me. If Sungmin would ever get to watch this, I hope he’d know that this is perfectly acceptable though. “Ah, I’m really a big fan. Wah.”

“Really?” he laughed easily and hid his mouth with the back of his hand. “I’m a fan of Bachelorette too, actually. I have your CDs and was even caught once by Changmin to have your song as my ringtone. Coincidentally, I’m actually a fan of yours.”

I knew he was just trying to be polite, but I really couldn’t stop grinning as he said those words. If he was seriously my husband, I really wouldn’t have minded. I placed both palms on my cheeks and laughed, trying to keep the awkwardness away.

“Ah, really… my cheeks feel like they’re on fire!” I shook my head. Yunho laughed goodheartedly along with me. “I’m not dreaming right? I don’t think I am.”

MC 1: “Omo, omo. Hyunyoung-ssi’s really acting differently.”
MC 2: “He’s her ideal type, or so I’ve read.”
MC 3: “A match made in heaven pair, finally?”


“I actually have something to say though…” Yunho leaned in and uttered the only words that could make me fall from my happiness. And he did it all under 30 seconds, a world record, I’m sure. “I’m not your husband, actually.”

My face fell into the blank look I had whenever I was disappointed. Charlie deemed it as my “mean-girl face”. Trying to seem comical, I kept my face void of emotion as I slammed my fist on the table. Not that it made much of an impact; Sungmin always did like to tease me about not having any physical strength whatsoever.

“…ah, really; I knew it was too good to be true.” I placed my elbow on the surface, my chin resting on the back of my hand. “Alright, hidden camera is up. That’s three years of trying to set me up, no luck, guys!” Yunho seemed to get it as acting though and laughed.

<< Caption: Complete 180 change!! >>

“But really, though. Congratulations on your new marriage.” He said sincerely, trying to lighten the mood.

“Can I ask something though?” I put down my elbow, thinking it would be rude if I kept it propped up in front of a sunbae. He nodded and motioned me to continue. “If it doesn’t seem so rude for me to ask, what are you doing here?”

He laughed again and looked away embarrassed.

“I’m here to show you where to go next for you to find your husband.” He explained once he was coherent again. “The PDs asked me to come out and give you a clue on who your husband will be.”

“He’s someone like you? But I don’t have any other ideal type though.” Yunho laughed again and thank God it was less awkward now.

“I’m flattered then.” He grinned before standing up. “I actually need to go now, but let me show you the way first.” I followed him to the entrance of the café and he told me to just head straight until the next outdoor café I would see.

I thanked him and with one final bow, he waved goodbye.

“Oh! Wait, Yunho-ssi.” I called, suddenly remembering something. He turned back and smiled politely. “Do you mind if I take selca with you? It’s a deal I made with my dongsaeng; I told her if I would meet you I’d ask to have your picture.”

He only laughed again, but agreed. This was going straight to twitter.

<< Caption: Hyunyoung is really a girl of the moment. Take your chances [??] >>

Yes, I was a taken girl. And more or less, with DBSK’s close friendship with Super Junior, Yunho was already knowledgeable of my status. Still, it wouldn’t hurt anyone if I took one selca with him, right…?

.oOo.

Q: Who was that person with DBSK’s Yunho?

Hyunyoung: she laughs and covers with the back of her hand. She tries to breathe out in order to calm herself down, her left hand fanning her flustered face. “Ah, that was… Ah… Ahahaha! Excuse me.” She chuckles and clears before continuing. “I think our fans already know, but my ideal type has always been U-Know Yunho. It was my first time properly meeting him, and I’m honestly really disappointed that he wasn’t my husband. Really, if he was, I might like being on here.” She giggles again.


A/N: Like I said - updates will be done during Saturdays, if I have the net connection! XD Haha. OTL I think you guys might be a bit confused with this... but uhh - feel free to ask me any questions! ; u ; I don't bite, guys~