Chapter 9 - Reasoning

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            This is ridiculous. My life was falling to pieces. First, I can’t even get a control on my feelings for Eunhyuk. When it seems as if he’s gotten over it, this comes up. What is this nonsense? What am I ever going to do? It seems as if Eunhyuk really believes I like Jessica, and this will prevent our chances of ever… having anything.

            I grabbed my phone and was just about to call Jessica when a text beeped through. It was from her. Speak of the devil.

            Donghae, I think you already read the news. I want to say, that the kid is yours. The newspapers are not lying. Talk to me as soon as possible. Xoxo- Jessica

            My blood chilled. What did she mean, it was mine? This is ridiculous! I’ve never done anything of the sort before. I snorted angrily and dialed her number. “Hello?” she picked up immediately.

            “Jessica Jung! What is this you’re saying? Don’t be a babo! I would NEVER and have NEVER done anything to you of the sort. I don’t know what immoral behavior you’ve gotten yourself into, but do not involve me,” I yelled.

            She sighed. “I knew you were going to deny it.” Her voice turned into a sliver of evil ice. “Donghae, don’t tell me you don’t remember that night? You were upset, and you started blabbing about how you felt for that stupid dancer. I took you back to our dorms and let you drink shot after shot of soju. You never even noticed. But at the end, we did it,” she laughed mirthlessly.

            I opened my mouth to protest. But then I stopped myself. I couldn’t remember the exact details of that night, but I do remember that something of the sort had happened. It was after SS3 in Taiwan, the second day. Eunhyuk had kissed my shoulder as a play act and I freaked out. I remember seeing him dancing with Sooyoung later and I ran to Jessica. I can’t recall what happened afterwards, but I remember her making me drink something very strong, glass after glass. I also remember crying and spilling about Eunhyuk. But I certainly did not remember doing anything with her.

            “Jessica, you’re mistaken. I did not do anything with you,” I tried reasoning with her.

            “YA! Why are all men like that? Never willing to take responsibility for what they did? You did it! You did! It’s you! But you still won’t admit it. Would I lie to you, Lee Donghae?” her voice trembled and she seemed close to tears. “Is there anything wrong with having kids with me? I love you, Donghae,” she sobbed.

            I looked at my phone, unsure of what to say. Could it be true? Jessica didn’t seem the type to lie to me, but I really don’t remember doing anything. I sighed in frustration. “We should do a DNA test.”

            “NO!” Jessica shrieked in my ear. “You don’t believe me! Donghae, I thought you would be different! I watched my aunt suffer through the same thing, but I thought you would at least accept responsibility and own up for your actions! And you don’t think it’s true! You don’t want this child. Fine! Go away, Lee Donghae!” she sobbed relentlessly.

            I clenched my jaw. “Hold tight, I’m going over there.”

            I walked to their dorm and managed to avoid the media. When I got up there, the SNSD members all shifted their gaze from me, except Yoona. Her eyebrows were raised, and she pulled me into an empty room.

            “Oppa, I don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t believe you had anything to do with it. I think she’s lying, but why, I don’t know. Sort this out okay? The other members are all on her side, so they think you’re like those bad villain boyfriends,” she patted my arm sympathetically.

            I walked into Jessica’s room and found her lying on the bed, crying. I stood awkwardly in front of her and coughed. She looked up, her face smeared with mascara. “It’s you. What do you want? You already don’t believe me.”

            “Jess, I think we need to come to an understanding. If it was really me, I would admit responsibility. But I know it’s not me, so I don’t understand why you are doing this. I trust you enough to know that you are not deliberately trying to harm me. So I don’t understand why you would do this in the first place.”

            Jessica stared at me. “Oppa, I know you think you’re in love with Eunhyuk-oppa. But believe me, you’re not. We love each other. We are meant to be. Eunhyuk is just another member, just a brother to you. Why can’t you just love me enough? We’re going to have a child together. Say you’ll marry me.” She slithered towards me.

            I groaned out loud. “Jessica! You’re not listening to me. I’m not marrying you! I don’t love you! I’m not the father of your baby!”

            Jessica sighed. “Fine, have it your way.” Then she walked out, leaving me alone.

 

E POV

            We were all standing around waiting for Donghae to come back. When he did, his face was storming with trouble and worry. Ryeowook went up to him and wrapped him in a hug. We all stood around him and tried to protect our fishy prince.

            Leeteuk-hyung asked, “What happened? Were you able to talk to her?”

            Donghae’s face changed from worry to ferocious fury. “THAT WOMAN REFUSES TO REASON WITH ME,” he roared. His hands clenched into fists and he trembled with suppressed anger.

            “Hyung,” Ryeowook hugged him, trying to comfort him. Donghae shook him off and stormed upstairs to his dorm. The rest of us exchanged concerned looks, and Leeteuk motioned for me to follow him.

            I knocked gingerly on his door. “Come in,” his muffled voice replied. I walked into his room and saw all the blankets on the floor and all his clothes strewn haphazardly across the room. Then I saw my Fishy. He was crying into his pillow, gut wrenching sobs coming from the back of his throat. My heart squeezed and tears smarted in my own eyes.

            I sat next to him on his bed. “Donghae-ah. There’s no point crying over this. If you didn’t do it, we believe you. I’ll try to reason with her, get her to take back what she said. Because, to be honest, I think she only wants to be with you Donghae. Maybe you should listen to her more. You are dating after all. It would be better if you paid more attention to her.” The moment I said those words I regretted them. Donghae’s tears fell faster and he had to choke back a sob that came deep from him.

            “Eunhyuk. You don’t understand how I’m really feeling right now. It’s not just Jessica that’s bothering me. The entire world is against me,” he cried.

            I looked sadly at the crying man next to me. “Hae, I know. The entire world is against me too. But, I think we can be strong together, as Super Junior members, it is up to us to remain strong. Araso?” I hugged him to me and tried to keep my smile as platonic as I could. He wrapped his arms around my neck and continued to shed tears.

            “Aish, you two are making me cry,” Sungmin said at the door. He grabbed onto both of us and began to weep with us. Pretty soon all the other members piled in and began to cry. Even Heechul-hyung wiped his face a couple of times.

            When Donghae fell asleep, I resolved to speak to Jessica. I changed into a suit and walked to SNSD’s dorm. “Oppa!” Yoona looked relieved to see me. She drew me aside and whispered, “My unnis are not so happy with Donghae-oppa. They think that he is the father and that he isn’t accepting responsibility. But, oppa, I don’t believe her. I think she’s planning something. I’ve seen… things.”

            I looked at this innocent girl in surprise. What could she possibly mean? “Yoon, we have to talk about this later.”

Brooding, I walked into Jessica’s room. She was lying on her stomach, hugging a stuffed fish tightly to her. I swallowed my anger and forced myself to be civil.

            “Jessica, how can you do this to Donghae? He’s in a lot of pain right now. I know you two are dating, but if the baby’s not his, tell him the truth,” I began. Jessica stood up and marched to me. She jammed a finger into my chest.

            “Hyuk Jae, you have no clue what you are talking about okay? I know you have to be on his side because he’s your member and everything, but it is his! Why doesn’t anyone believe me? I’m not a girl who sleeps around you know! I know who I did what with!” she shrieked in my face, her hair falling out of its ponytail.

            I glared at her lack of formalities and grabbed her wrists. “Listen to me. Take this back. It’s not true and you know it. I don’t know what type of sick person you are to be messing with Donghae, but you already have him. Don’t screw him over. Get a DNA test done if you’re so confident.” I pushed her back onto the bed and stormed out.

 

My Monkey's mad :( Monkey Icon