Chapter 36 - The Truth

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            I woke up and looked around me. Why was Sungmin in the bed next to mine? I smelled the pillow and inhaled the strawberry scent. Mmm, I was in Eunhyuk’s bed. Where was that Monkey? I slipped out of bed and saw him sleeping on the couch. My heart ached to be with this adorable person. His facial expressions were so peaceful as he slumbered.

            I slipped in next to him and breathed in the warm scent of him. “Erm?” he mumbled and his eyes looked groggily at me. I looked at him and smiled. “Hae? Why are you here?” he asked. He slid further into the couch to give me more room. I snuggled in and breathed in the warm smell of his body.

            “What happened with the rehearsal?”                      

 He shrugged and said, “They cancelled it till tomorrow. So don’t get cold feet tomorrow okay?” he said this with a weird voice. I looked over at him and he just closed his eyes and turned away from me.

            Aish, you stupid fish. You can’t keep thinking about him in this way. Tomorrow’s the rehearsal, and you’re going to have to deal with it. You’ve made your decision and now you have to stick with it, I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a fitful sleep.

            I dreamed of Jessica walking down the aisle, of screaming babies, and crying monkeys. I tossed and turned, trying to rid myself of those images. Constantly throughout the night, I felt myself kick Eunhyuk accidently, but in my thrashing, I couldn’t stop.

            When I woke up, it was only six in the morning and I saw that Eunhyuk had gotten up. I ran my hand through my hair and felt the sweat that was a product of last night. My mouth was parched and my eyes felt heavy. I wandered into the kitchen and saw Ryeowook flipping eggs.

            “Donghae-shi, you’re up! That’s great. Come eat, because later we’re going to have to go to your rehearsal. Are you feeling better? You gave us a scare last night.” He came over and placed a hand on my forehead. “Good, you’re fine.”

            I sat down at the table and began to fork down the eggs. “Where’s everybody else?”

            He sat down next to me. “Hyung, they’re all worried about you. You’ve lost a lot of weight and ever since the hospital accident; they’ve all been on the lookout for you. Right now, they’re getting ready to make sure that the rehearsal goes smoothly. Oh, hyung, we just want you to be happy.” He put his arms around me.

            I nodded and continued to eat robotically. I felt like all this was just a routine to me. I was a robot that was programmed to go through the motions. My mother sent Donghwa over to check on me and to help me set up. As the best man, he was going to be across from Krystal. My mother was helping Jessica and the ladies get ready.

            “Donghae-ah, I’ve been looking forward to your wedding day since the day you were born. And now, here you are. I don’t know how to tell you how proud I am of you, saranghae, my child,” she sniffled over the phone.

            I gaped at my phone, unsure of what to say. Why was my mom having an emotional breakdown when she should be getting ready? “Neh, umma, saranghae,” I said. She laughed and wished me luck before hanging up. I shook my head at the weirdness of the phone call and began to put on my suit.

            The other members wandered in to offer their well wishes and to give me advice. The only people who didn’t come in were Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk. When we were all dressed up, Leeteuk-hyung called my mother and confirmed that we were to get to the Church first.

            We piled into the limo and drove to the Church. The interior was decorated with flowers and sapphire and rose balloons. There was a red carpet for us to walk across and dainty chandeliers swept light throughout the place. Because Jessica refused to wear a chima, the traditional dress, my mom decided to plan a modern style wedding.

            The atmosphere was beautiful. It was exactly how I pictured my wedding to be, but it was with the wrong person. When we received the signal that Jessica has arrived, we lined up at the altar, in our assigned spots.

            The music started and everyone faced outside, but me. I will see her when she comes to me. “Whoa,” Donghwa gasped. Slowly, I heard her approach and she was in front of me. Her hair was in an elegant chignon and the sundress she chose to wear was dazzling. She smiled shyly at me and took my hand.

            We said our vows. Jessica had written them a few weeks before. She didn’t want it to be traditional, and made it into little speeches where we confessed our love for each other. I wondered cynically whether you could lie in a vow.

“Jessica Jung, I will love you forever. I promise to take you to be my wife, and provide for you financially and emotionally. I come to you with an open heart and may we be together always,” I recited, trying to put some warmth into my words.

“Lee Donghae, I come to you willingly and happily. I promise to take you to be my husband and take care of you at all times. I will love you forever, and may we remain by each other’s sides for the rest of time,” she spoke with a smile on her face.

I leaned in and kissed her. I pecked her quickly and straightened up, smiling and indicating that we should go outside. The reception was to be held near the Han River, at night. But since this was only the rehearsal, we went to a nearby restaurant.

            A lot of the relatives came up to us and raised their glass as a toast. “Donghae-ah, we cannot wait to be back here in two more days. Stay away from the pretty lady until then,” my uncle winked bawdily. I winced at his drunkenness and tried to smile in good humor.

            I smiled at the guests and we silent as ate dinner. I kept myself fully absorbed in my food. There were times when the guests wanted to take pictures of us, and I was obliged to pose for them. I went through all the motions, and tried really hard to not say die of boredom.

            When the music started for us to dance, tradition was that the bride and groom danced the first dance. Since it wasn’t the wedding, my mom didn’t want us to follow such strict rules and had me dance with my relatives first. When Jessica finally danced her way into my arms, she looked up at me and motioned with her head that we should move to the edges to talk.

            “Donghae, I know you’ve been upset because of the whole wedding situation. But, we’ve come such a long way. Can’t you just put all your hurt aside and just look at me? And just love me? How hard could that be? Donghae, I love you,” she looked up at me with shiny eyes.

            I twirled her around aimlessly and looked down at her tragically beautiful face. Her eyes sparkled with unshed tears and a few wisps of her hair were beginning to fall out. She was right. It was unfair of me to act like this. I mean, even the DNA tests proved that the child was mine. It was high time I took responsibility for my actions.

            I looked at her and nodded, just slightly conscious that the music had ended. “I’ll try my best, Jessica,” I whispered.

E POV

            The rehearsal went beautifully. I knew it was going to be a beautiful wedding. But, I also knew that it wasn’t going to happen. Because I was going to stop it. While the couples were dancing, I took the opportunity to find Kyuhyun. He was nowhere in sight. I paced rapidly aound the ballroom until I was stopped by Sooyoung.

            “Oppa, are you looking for Kyuhyun?” she asked me. I nodded. “He’s with Yoona.” I looked across the floor and saw him dancing with Yoona. I grinned at the sappy look on his normally arrogant face.

            “Sooyoung, may I have this dance?” The tall girl brightened and smiled at me. I took her soft hands in mine and twirled her to the music.

            “So, Sooyoung-shi, how has life been treating you?” I asked her.

            She smiled up at me. “The wedding’s taking over our lives, and it’s completely chaotic. Not to mention, the baby. Jessica’s been growing a bit and the dress needs to be made slightly larger. It’s driving us all insane.”

            I laughed and looked down at her bright innocence. This girl was enough to make my day.

            At the end of the day, we parted ways and drove back to our respective dorms. Donghae disappeared into his room and shut the door firmly behind him. I looked longingly at the closed door before walking into my own.

            “Hyung?” there was a slight knock on my door. I opened the door to reveal Kyuhyun. 

 “Hyung. Yoona told me she found this in Jessica’s desk. It’s a pile of documentation that proves Jessica faked the DNA tests. She’s been trying to match its authenticity for two days, and she just got confirmation that it’s fake. Apparently Jessica took some of Donghae’s hospital letters, and was able to find samples of his DNA. She gave it to this Lee Suyeob person and they were able to create a profile that when they sent it in, matched the baby to Donghae. We also got the confirmation from the DNA lab that indeed the baby’s true DNA matches that of the Tom person’s.”

I hugged Kyuhyun and grabbed my phone. “Yoona, I love you! I think you just did it.”

She laughed nervously. “Oppa, please do me a favor and don’t humiliate Jessica-unni. I still really love her as a sister, even though she did such a bad thing. I know she did it out of her desperate love for Donghae-oppa. Please talk to Donghae-oppa first before doing anything rash.”

I consented and waited for the next day.

 

Wow, that's it. Three more chapters of this story. Then it's all over... or is it? Hahaha, there's still a sequel.

This story has been my baby for so long, I can't imagine it being over.

Donghae's Sorry Sorry picture is one of the prettiest, most tragically beautiful pictures I have ever seen. It's also what I feel makes me fall in love with Donghae more. 

Now, for some of my shameless self promotion. I'm working on a story that I'm sort of in love with, for reasons unknown. It's rated, so if you're uncomfortable with it, don't read it. But here's the link for it, kindly check it out~ It's called Is This What Love Is?

Kamsa~ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/43434/is-this-what-love-is-donghae-drama-eunhyuk-hyoyeon-romance