Chapter 34 - Torn Apart by Love

Monkey Love Fishy

 

Y POV

            I sent a text to Kyuhyun, after receiving a call from the genetics lab. I was excited, because I had a feeling the news we were to receive would be good ones. When I hit send, I slid my phone into my pocket and walked into the house. It was Tiffany and Yuri’s job to make sure Jessica was kept busy while we prepared the house.

            “Ya~ Yoona, stop staring into the horizon. Pay attention, we need you to get out the decorations from the closet and Sunny and I will be making food,” Taeyeon ordered, waving her apron at me.

            I nodded and walked into the room with Hyoyeon. We both tugged and heaved at the bags before getting Sooyoung to help us drag it down. The other girls were happily chatting away but I couldn’t help but feel weighed down by guilt.

            Everyone was sincerely happy for Jessica-unni’s upcoming wedding. I was the only one who wanted to stop it. I mean, I want her to be happy, but how could I when it came at others’ expense? Especially when I suspected her of fraud. And now that I discovered Donghae and Eunhyuk’s love? It would be a crime to separate the two. Aish, I shook my head. Everything was so complicated. That’s not to mention the niggling feeling I have whenever I see Kyuhyun.

            I shook my head again, trying to dispel those thoughts. Focus here, Yoon! I walked dragged the bags downstairs and we began to set up. Seohyun began to blow up the pink, silver and yellow balloons, her adorably chubby cheeks inflating and deflating with every puff.

            Hyoyeon, with her amazing dancer’s flexibility, jumped on top of the table and began to hook up the banner. “Ya~ Sooyoung-shi, Yoona, one of you tall people, come help your poor old ahjumma put the tacks on,” she called, muffled by the pins in .

            I laughed and hopped on next to her. Doing these things eventually took my mind off of the wedding problems. “Unni, when is Jessica coming back?”

            Taeyeon poked her head out the kitchen, her hair damp with sweat. “She should be back in a few more hours. They took her to a spa then to get manis and pedis, the works. So we have plenty of time to make the cake, set up and cook.”

            I nodded. And began to bundle the balloons together into bunches. “Phew, my cheeks hurt,” Seohyun pouted. I laughed and poked her. “Gah, that hurt!”

            We scrubbed down the house and slaved away until six. By that time, we were expecting Jessica home soon. I showered and dressed in a nice party dress. The guests began to trickle in, all girls. We hung lights outside the dorm, but kept them off until Jessica came back.  

            “Whoa,” Sunny waved her phone in the air. “Turn off all the lights everyone, Jessica’s coming in five more minutes.”

            We ran around the house turning off the lights and getting at our stations. We heard a car stop in front of the dorms, and laugher chattering up to our door. When we heard keys rattling, Taeyeon threw open the door and we the lights. “Saranghae, Jessica!!”

            Jessica squealed and threw her hands up to her eyes, attempting to wipe at the tears that were already forming. “You guys, you are so wonderful to me,” she said, hugging us.

            She turned to each of us and thanked us. A lump formed in my throat and I avoided her sincere gaze. I was such a bad dongsaeng. How could I hurt my unni’s feelings like this? I walked rapidly away before I began to have any second guesses about my actions. I thought of the despair Donghae-oppa had when he told me he loved Eunhyuk. I swallowed my guilt and tears and began to serve the food.

            The entire party went well, with DDR competitions, singing as well as plenty of gossiping. I laughed and joked around, attempting to enjoy myself as much as I should. But a few hours later, I quietly slipped out and walked outside. I sat on the porch, trying to control my thoughts.

            Aish, how can I do this to my unni? It’s obvious she’s very much in love with Donghae. If she lied, she lied because she wanted to be with him very badly. When they were at the hospital, she didn’t care about her own health but only had thoughts for Donghae. Whoever was the real dad, Tom probably, she must have been out of her mind at that time. It’s clear she loved Tom once, but she thinks Donghae was meant for her. And who was I to deny her that happiness?

            But then my thoughts flickered to my Super Junior oppas. Donghae, with his sensitive nature and sad eyes. I winced as I remembered the pain he’s suffered ever since the engagement. His bouts of depression, as well as overdosing was signs of how much this has affected him. Eunhyuk-oppa. The poor Monkey has long given up on helping us, but I know he suffered from jealousy and sadness. Kyuhyun has informed me about the pain they both suffer.

            I closed my eyes and felt the breeze in the air swirl around me, calming me. “Hello? Is this the dorms of Girls Generation?” a deep voice spoke out of nowhere.

            I nearly fell out of my seat and opened my eyes. Standing in front of me was the tall handsome Tom. I gasped out loud and looked back to see if anyone saw through the windows. But there was still the loud rattling of party sounds.

            I put a finger to my lips and began to push Tom away from the house and down the block.

            “Excuse me, miss. What are you doing? Where are you taking me? Isn’t this the right address? I was pretty sure,” he rambled, trying to release himself from my grip without hurting me. Aww, what a gentleman. I dragged him into the park before turning around.

            “Tom,” I said, ignoring his startled gasp. “Yeah, I know who you are. I think I need to be honest with you, but don’t you dare scream or say anything. Remember when you IMed Jessica? That was me, she didn’t really suffer from memory loss. Don’t get mad. It’s a long and complicated situation and I’m only going to tell you a condensed part of it. Here, let’s sit,” I sat on the swings and began pushing myself.

            “The thing is, Jessica-unni is pregnant,” I said.

            “Bwoh? Why didn’t she tell me? Whose child is it? Is this true?” he asked me, his intensely dark eyes stared at me through the setting sun. I could tell why Jessica found him attractive. Those eyes were the complete opposite of Donghae-oppas. Where Donghae’s was light brown and soft, his was piercing dark and deep.

            “Neh, she is pregnant. But the thing is, she said it was Donghae’s. She did a DNA test and everything. But, I don’t believe it. I don’t think it is Donghae’s. Aish, how do I tell you the story without telling you everything?”

            He grabbed at my wrist, causing me to jerk forward on the swing. “No, don’t skip anything. You must tell me everything. Everything.”

            I bit my lips. “I can’t, there are idols involved and some secrets are too explosive for anyone to know.”

            He tossed his head back and let out a grieved howl. “How can you do this to me? Jessica is my love, and you’re not letting me know why it is that she is breaking up with me?”

            I hung my head in shame. “Fine, so my friend and I began an investigation. And one day, she was out and I couldn’t resist when I saw her laptop open. You messaged me-her, and I had a stinking suspicion that you may be the father of the child. We talked, and I managed to get out of you that you two had a relationship. That day when she went to pick you up, my friend and I followed you to the hotel. We saw her break up with you. Then the other day, he was the one to break into your room. Don’t get upset, he did it to find DNA evidence. We wanted to know for sure if the baby was Donghae’s or yours.”

            I looked up to see his reaction. Tears coursed down his cheeks and the agony in his beautiful eyes cut me down. “Thank you for your honesty. So is this Donghae person her fiancé? I hope he will treat her well, because if he doesn’t, I will hunt him down.”

            “Oppa, there’s something else I have to tell you. Donghae, he doesn’t like her. He loves someone else. And it’s hurting him inside to marry Jessica. But he’s a responsible person. He thinks the baby is his, even though he claims he’s never done anything to her. But, you have to understand, Donghae-oppa is the type of person who will accept responsibility regardless. So he’s marrying her, not out of love, but out of duty. So, we’re trying to stop this wedding. But now I don’t know. I don’t want to hurt Jessica either.”

            “The world is so unfair. How the heck did I get caught up in this stupid love triangle? I love her, she loves him, he loves another. It’s so unfair I want to cry out at this injustice. Why is she such a fool? Why can’t she see that the one who really truly loves her is right here, waiting for her? When she ended it with me, my heart broke. I didn’t know what to do with myself. And now I know the truth. I almost pity her for her pathetic foolishness. This Donghae doesn’t deserve her.”

            The raw pain in his voice was like a wound exposed to rot in the air. His love for Jessica was strong and it was very obvious. I felt the unfairness of the situation and placed a hand on his shoulder. He was quietly sobbing into his hands.

            “I’m so sorry, I don’t know what to do. Why did you come here in the first place?”

            He looked up slowly, his eyes swollen and puffy in the fading light. “I wanted to reason with her, try to get her to take back what she said and to make her realize what she did was wrong. But I now see, it’s no use. Even if this Donghae person doesn’t love her, she loves him. And for her, that’s enough.”

            He stood up and looked sadly back at me. “Thank you, I don’t even know your name, but you’ve allowed me to see the light. I’m going back to California. Tell me when Jessica delivers. I would want to know.” He scribbled something on a piece of paper and pressed it into my hand.

            “Take good care of her, araso? I will always love her,” he turned back and walked away.

            I sat there, staring at his retreating back. Poor Tom, poor Jessica poor Donghae, poor Eunhyuk. These four have been torn apart by love. And it was up to me and Kyuhyun to fix it. 

 

SO. The world didn't end today~

I have a great story for you all to read, it's called Marriage Contract, by allrisefishy

GREAT STORY

AP went pretty well, I hope I did fine ^-^

From here, I basically have most of the story so I'll be updating a lot quicker.