Chapter 32- I Wanna Love You

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            It was late afternoon. Everyone else left for their schedules, but I remained. The doctor did tell me he was turning for the better. But there was still no conscious response. I sat with him and began to play songs on my iPod to see if he would hear. The playlist continued on and on before it reached I Wanna Love You.

I hated this song. It spelled out everything I felt for Donghae and it hurts. We performed this all the time, but every time I did, I cried inside. I would stare at his perfectly sculpted body and think that soon it would belong to another. Heck, it already does. I would stare at his beautiful face and think, how long can I keep him next to me? Everyone called it a Eunhae song, but for me, it was the song of our breakup.

 

 

“I wanna love you, I can’t live without you

Du nuneul gamgo nae du soneul jabgu
I wanna have you I really need you
Jigeum idaero modeungeol beoryeodugo”

            I moved to switch to the next song when I heard a feeble moan. My hands jerked away from the iPod and I stared intently into Donghae’s face. His eyelids fluttered and his lips formed shapes I couldn’t make out. I grabbed his hand and waited eagerly. “I’m here, Donghae, I’m here.”

“Hyu-Hyukkie,” he breathed.

I leapt up and felt the tears stinging in my eyes. He did it, Donghae’s conscious! I whooped and called for the doctor. My heart hammered and I felt the tears fall. The doctors came rushing in and examined him. By now, his beautiful chocolate eyes were opened, rimmed with red from the medications.

“Hyukkie, you’re…here,” he said, unable to conceal the wonder in his voice. I nodded and didn’t trust myself to speak. His hands clenched against mine and he smiled feebly. I turned to look at the doctor in amazement.

The doctor smiled and told me to step outside. I let go of Hae’s hands reluctantly and walked out to call the members.

“Yeboseyo?”Leeteuk-hyung answered.

“Hyung! Donghae is awake! He’s conscious, he saw me, and he spoke!” I blabbered into the phone. “He’s alive!”

There was a loud burst of laughter and I had to hold the phone away from my ear. There was a wild raucous celebration on the other end. “We’ll be right there!” he shouted into the phone.

I laughed deliriously to myself and called Sooyoung and Yoona. “Girls, I have great news. Donghae’s awake!”

 Y POV

We were all crowded in Jessica’s room when my phone rang. I startled, thinking it was Kyuhyun again, but it was Eunhyuk. The moment I picked up, I heard, “Girls, I have great news. Donghae’s awake!”

I let out a loud shrill of happiness and jumped up and down. “Donghae-oppa’s awake! He’s awake! He’s fine! I’m going to go there right now and see him!”

Jessica sat up as well. She looked so happy, her brown eyes were shining. “I want to go too. He’s my fiancé; I need to make sure he’s truly okay.” She added, when we all started to stop her. With a reluctant sigh, I took her by the arm and Sooyoung took her other arm. We slowly led her to Donghae’s room.

We walked down the hallway and I saw Eunhyuk-oppa standing out front, clutching his iPhone with a look of euphoria on his face. I felt Jessica tense, but I determinedly led her on. Eunhyuk saw us approaching and with a look of distaste at Jessica, he beamed at the rest of us.

“He’s awake! The doctor just wants to check on him,” he said just as the doors opened. Pushing aside the doctor, we walked in to see Donghae propped up, his face pale but smiling.

“Hyukkie, Yoona, Sooyoung, Jessica,” he acknowledged. His hands immediately reached for Eunhyuk’s. My heart warmed at the gesture but Jessica scowled.

“Donghae, do you know how worried I’ve been?” she asked him, carefully sitting in the chair next to his bed.

He looked at her and was shocked. “Why are you wearing a hospital gown? Surely, the baby’s not due yet…”

I watched as Jessica’s beautiful face turned tragic. “My prince, when I heard that you were hospitalized, I believe I fainted away. I couldn’t help it, I was too scared. I didn’t know if you were okay or not. I just came back from a long day.” I scoffed at this. As much as I loved my unni, I cannot forgive her for hurting both men.

“I thought I almost lost the baby. Our baby, our first child,” she grabbed his hands and put them up to her cheeks.

He blanched and asked hurriedly, “Is it okay? Are you okay?”

She nodded and I was touched to see his face relax. Even though the baby wasn’t his, it was obvious our Fishy oppa would be a great father. Despite the fact that I wanted to see Eunhae together, I knew that if we failed, Donghae would love the baby as if his own.

The other Super Junior members came storming in. “DONGHAE!” they all screamed, some of them tearing. I felt like an intruder as Sungmin-oppa and Ryeowook-oppa clamored over to the bedside for a hug. I tugged Jessica-unni aside to allow the brothers their own private space. Sooyoung and I watched in awed silence as we watched eleven grown men crying over the bedside of their beloved band mate and brother.

“Donghae-shi, are you feeling better?” Leeteuk-oppa asked. He looked at him with concern. Donghae nodded and smiled his appreciation at his hyung’s care.

D POV

            I began to slowly improve and get better. We never spoke about the reason for my overdose, but I had a feeling Leeteuk-hyung and Kyuhyun knew. My mother threw a fit and thought the stress was what made me “collapse with exhaustion.” She talked to Jessica’s mother and they decided to push the wedding back again, much to Jessica’s chagrin.

            I suppose the one good thing that came out of this was I had Eunhyuk’s friendship back. That was what mattered most to me. We weren’t as close as before, but that was because we were busy with wedding preparations and he was normally away on schedule.

            I had to admit, when Jessica told me she almost lost the baby, I nearly had a glimmer of hope. But, the paternal feelings in me took over and I felt a tiny spark of despair. I want children. I love children. The only problem was I didn’t want to have them with Jessica.

            We spent the next two weeks preparing for my wedding. Everywhere I turned, there were details as well as decorations. I appreciated how hard my mom is working on it, but I couldn’t find myself to look forward to the wedding. I closed my eyes and wished for the nightmare to just go away. I thought I would be used to this by now, I thought I had learned to accept it. But obviously not. Even now, when I see Jessica, I can’t help but shudder back my repulse.

            I slowly began to recover, although at times I would still experience intense headaches. The wedding began to consume me and my time. I was constantly being fitted, and my mom put me in charge of music. I scrolled through my iTunes list and put together a song list. As I was making the mix for the rehearsal, my mind began to drift off, thinking of what Hyukkie and I would like.

            I was so intent on making the perfect playlist for our perfect relationship, I failed to notice a hand sneak onto my shoulder until a deliciously husky voice whispered, “Whatcha doing?”

            I jumped slightly and felt goose bumps rise along my arm. I turned and saw the love of my life grinning back at me. He was so close to me I could smell his aftershave. My heart began to thump erratically and I prayed for it to stop. If it pumped any faster I swear it would leap out of my chest. I looked cautiously to the left and saw that his other muscular arm was pinning me in between him. I didn’t dare breathe in fear that it would break the spell of the moment.

            I remained still for a few seconds longer before he nudged me playfully. “Earth to Fishy! Hello? Anybody in there? Am I talking to myself?” he removed his arms to make monkey faces at me. I burst out into laugher and wheeled my chair away from his intoxicating presence, relishing the air I was able to breathe.

            I smiled and said, “I was just making a mix of songs. It’s for the… wedding,” I trailed off mumbling. I watched his face intently for a reaction.

            His smile never faltered and he snorted. “What? You think those ahjummas would appreciate our songs? Do you really picture your umma and the guests dancing to Bonamana?

He playfully imitated my mom dancing to our songs. The accuracy of his movements made me laugh out loud again. This Monkey will never cease to amuse me.

            I stood up from the chair and walked slowly up to him. I stared intently into his eyes, trying to communicate words I can never say out loud, hoping he would hear. The intensity of his gaze back made my blood burn. Slowly, he detached himself from the computer desk and came towards me. I stretched out my hands and he took them in his.

            His grip on my hand tightened and he pulled me towards him. “Donghae,” he whispered. His strong arms encircled my body and kept me there, slowly backing me up against a wall. He bent his head towards mine and brushed his lips against my cheek. I shuddered and waited for more. His hands brushed the hair out of my eyes and he looked at me with a deep sorrow in his eyes.

            I reached out and traced the curve of his upper lip. Tears smarted in my eyes. Why was this perfect human being in front of me and why couldn’t I be with him? Then a thought occurred in my head. For once, Eunhyuk initiated the affections. Could it be possible that he has feelings for me as well? This revelation sent my brain running into overdrive and my heart skipping in eager anticipation. I started to smile up at him, waiting for more but he pulled away.

            The sad look in his eyes was replaced by a glinting playfulness. “Scared ya didn’t I?” he laughed and turned away, running back to the computer. I looked at his retreating back, and swallowed the bitter disappointment that rose from my heart.

            At the last possible moment, I had let my guard down and allowed myself to be vulnerable to this boy’s affections. Only to be hurt and rejected. I shook my head, and summoned a happy smile for him when he motioned for me to join him.

E POV

            I didn’t know what came over me. But when I saw the way Donghae was looking at me from his chair, all cute and filled with laughter, I had to go to him. He stopped laughing and gave me a stare so deep, so scorching I felt my insides melt into oceans of gooey caramel sweet love.

            I stared back at him and watched his liquidly chocolate brown eyes waver with uncertainty as he stood there. I knew I was only hurting myself as I picked myself up from the computer desk and marched over to him. I grabbed his hands and on an impulse, I lightly kissed his cheeks. That one touch sent a million jolts down my body and kept me electrified for a while. I looked at him and gently brushed the hair out of his eyes.

            He was giving me his aegyo puppy face. Oh Lee Donghae, if only you knew the affect you had on me, you wouldn’t be this cute around me. He reached up and touched my lips and a hot fiery pain seared through me. It took me all the force of my willpower to pull away.

            “Scared ya didn’t I?” I joked and ran back to the table before I did any more damage to my heart. 

 

 

DAYUM LONGEST CHAPTER EVERRRRR

I was going to update earlier BUT I never did. The AP is in a week, so I shall be studying hard. But, although this chapter was mainly fluff, I hoped you liked the hint of Eunhae? <3

I love love LOVE the picture :D I'm sorry guys, but look at both of my husbands right there. Aren't they the hottest, cutest things ever??

there's seven more chapters to go~~

Monkey Emoticons Hwaiting~

OH and as a reminder, I'm going to be bugging you guys about this a bit, but please send me links of what you think is the best Eunhae picture. Kamsahamnida~

 

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkzhimHyXw1qaptyd.gif this is what happened, except this time it's Hae doing it XD