Chapter 23- Sunshine and Stars

Monkey Love Fishy

 

J POV

            The wedding was slowly approaching. I did some fast mental calculations and squealed. I would be Mrs. Lee Donghae in nine more days. I clapped my hands and spun around the room. The day after our SPAO modeling shoot, Donghae has been in a more loving mood and there was nothing I liked better than my romantic Hae.

            I sat down on the duvet and looked at the clutter of papers around me. There were sketches for the wedding dress.  They’re making a last minute fit, in case I get any bigger. I looked at the arrangements for food and flower. Suddenly, I felt a flip flop movement and ran for the bathroom. I sat on the floor, retching and gagging. But, I didn’t complain because this baby was the reason why I would be with the love of my life.

            I cleaned myself up and walked out of the room. I saw Sooyoung dancing in her room with her headphones on. She had a beautifully happy smile on her face. Maternal instincts kicked in and I smiled in spite of the fact that the reason for her happiness was that smelly stupid Anchovy prat. I watched as she twirled around and sang along to Seoul.

            She stopped when she saw me, and blushed, embarrassed. I put my arms around her and smiled. “Oh, Soo, I’m so glad you’re happy.” She looked at me, and I was alarmed to see tears form in her eyes.

            “Omo, Soo. What’s wrong?” I asked.

            She sniffled slightly. “Sica-unni, thank you so much for all you did for me. The thing is, Hyukkie-oppa is so nice to me. But I feel like he’s only doing it to put up with me. We haven’t officially announced that we’re a couple, but still. I feel like the little child who’s infatuated with the hot oppa next door, and who he only thinks of as a little sister. Yesterday, I think he only hugged me because he was being nice. I wish he would do something drastically romantic. But then, there’s a reason why I like him and not Hae-oppa,” she laughed, slightly bitter.

            I pursed my lips, trying to think of something. A light went off in my head. It was about time I talked with this gorilla. I think I can do something. “Not to worry,” I patted her head and walked out the door. “I’ll make things happen.”

E POV

            I was sitting in my room listening to my iPod when the door flew open. I looked up and my lips curled in disgust. It was no other than the annoying Jessica Jung. “Eunhyuk,” she said curtly.

            I didn’t even bother with greetings. Swinging my legs over the bed, I clasped my hands and sat there. “What do you want from me?” Her eyes glittered with malice as she advanced forward. My hands tensed as she came nearer. I kept my eyes warily on her.

            “You, my annoying obstacle, am going to take Sooyoung out on an official date. You will do it Hyuk Jae, because I know a secret that will ruin you forever. I know you once tried to get out of Super Junior. You wanted to be a dancer, and a solo rapper. And I know that your ELFs, or whatever fans, will hate you if they knew. And how do I know? Because I heard you tell someone,” she whispered the words coolly into my ears.

            My heart missed the next couple of beats. I couldn’t find the strength to draw breath. All of my insides were in turmoil, and my blood seemed to have froze. My thoughts scrambled all over the place. How did Jessica find out? It was only a thought I had entertained back in the days when our second album wasn’t as successful as I would have liked it to be. But, I had dismissed the idea because I loved our members too much. If word got out, there would be over speculation of my every movement. I had no choice.

            Standing up, I nodded at her. “I have your word that you will not tell?” She gave me a self-satisfied smirk and shook my hand. “Deal, until I have to blackmail you again.” She laughed and added, “Make sure you don’t tell her anything. Remember, you are doing this of your own accord. You’ve never seen me before.”

            I hated her, I really did. After she left, I called Sooyoung. “Yeboseyo?” her breathy voice came through the speakers. I hesitated before speaking. “Hey, Soo, do you have a schedule? Cause oppa doesn’t and he’s bored,” I tried to add in aegyo to convince her that I wanted to do this, which I was surprised to realize, I sort of did.

            There was a short pause, then a giggle. “Oppa, you’re too cute when you’re looking for company. No, I don’t have a schedule today.”

            “Great! So I’ll swing over and pick you up, wear something for swimming,” I hinted. I randomly thought of going to the beach. She laughed and we hung up. As I started packing a picnic basket and towels, I began to panic. Why did I have to pick such a public place? I prayed that she wouldn’t wear a bikini. Please have on a dumpy one-piece. But then another thought crossed my mind, this one more elicit that the other. What if, Hyuk, you do want to see her in a bikini? After all, those long legs of hers won’t be hidden in a granny suit either. I felt my ears burning and quickly shook off such thoughts.

            I got into my Audi and drove over to SNSD dorms. When I rang the bell, Yuri was at the door. She glanced over my outfit appreciatively and smirked, “Hot date oppa?” I mumbled a hello and nearly keeled over when I saw Sooyoung.

            She was in shorts and had on a white halter top that didn’t hide the fact that she was wearing a hot pink bikini underneath. I forced myself to focus on her face, which was distracting enough. “Sooyoung, hi, erm. My car, out there, let’s go, see you, Yoo-no wait- Yuri,” I managed to stutter out. Yuri laughed and winked at Sooyoung as we walked to my car together.

            The entire car ride, I listened to her chatter and I tried to keep my eyes on the road. Dammit, Hyuk Jae! How could you be so stupid? You know girls and beaches. I smiled and nodded along to the music. No Other came on and we started singing along. This relieved a tad of the tension, but I was still staring straight ahead.

            We reached the beach and I found a spot near the waters, but in a quiet place. I set the blanket down and put the umbrella out. “Here, sunblock,” I handed her the bottle. I watched her struggle to put it on her back, before giving up and pouting.

            With trembling hands, I reached for the lotion. “Here, I’ll do it for you.” I saw the rapid movement of her chest rise up and down as she tried to keep from hyperventilating. I was doing the same. I quickly slopped on a glop and began to methodically apply it onto her smooth back. When we finished, I ran towards the water, “Race you!”

            Her legs allowed her to catch up but I put on an extra burst of speed and reached the waters in time to splash her as she came in. She squealed and tried to hide. We played around and I found that I was enjoying myself… a lot.

            At times, I would catch myself, and wonder what I was doing. Donghae’s face would loom in front of me only to be dispelled by the waves Sooyoung splashed on me. I guess it was time to move on. He was going to be married, and I would have to live on somehow.

            At the end of the day, I drove her to a nearby restaurant. We walked in and was enveloped by the romantic atmosphere. The waitress led us to a secluded booth and I sat watching her as she glanced at the menu.

            “Oppa, thank you so much for the fun day I had. I’m absolutely hungry. What are you going to get?” she asked.

            I shrugged and asked the waitress for the dinner special. “It’s steak, or lobster.” Sooyoung brightened when she said lobster, so I ordered that. As we waited for the food to come, I sat and talked with her. We ate and laughed together, completely at ease.

            Maybe it was the lighting or maybe the sun has gotten to my brains, but the way Sooyoung sat there made my heart beat faster. She was smiling at me serenely, and her large golden eyes glittered with warmth. I paid the bill and we both walked out into the night.

            The sky was sparkling with stars and the beach was calm. It was quiet except for some noise coming from inside the restaurant. The stars blinked and twinkled against the velvety background. We leaned against the railings of the beach walk and stood there, staring at the sky. She shivered slightly, and I put an arm around her.

             Slowly, she turned to face me. I smiled at her and we began to lean closer together. When our lips touched, there was a little crackle of sizzle between us. She tasted like cool mint and lemonade. A few minutes later, we pulled away. She was smiling shyly, her eyes cast on the ground. I took her hand and led her to the car.

J POV

            My phone beeped with multiple texts coming in. I took it out and scrolled through the contents. Three of them had picture attachments. I squinted to see what it was of and smirked. The media will be having a field day tomorrow.

 

 

This, my dear readers, was one of the funnest chapters I've written. Maybe because I know it will break your hearts a little, maybe it's because it's like replace Soo with me :P I'M JOKING <3 Eunhyuk is already married to both me and Hae~

I think SooHyuk is so adorable, don't you thinks so? So much better than HyoHyuk, in my opinions. 

Awww, our baby Monkey is growing up! Monkey Emoticons 

What exactly is Jessica planning? That evil witch, always up to no good. She knows you love her~