Chapter 19- Monkeys and Fishies... and Anacondas Too

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            The moment we were back, my mother and Jessica engulfed me in the wedding plans. I stood around, bored as they fitted me a thousand times. They called it the Wedding of the Year, with two idols getting married. But, for me, it’s my ultimate nightmare. Sometimes I tried to avoid the two but they always accosted me and took me to their sides. I swear, if I saw another piece of lace, I would scream. I found time to escape and I asked Eunhyuk to go to the zoo with me. It was something we used to do.

            “Hyukkie-ah. Come. Today, I’m going to sneak out and we’re going to the zoo together.”

            He smiled at me and nodded happily. “Let’s go!” I smiled at his eagerness and we got on the bus. During the ride we teased each other and shared music, trying to out-dance one another in our seats. I smiled wistfully as I watched him prance around, a happy smile on his face. This was the Hyukkie I loved.

            We got to the zoo and he climbed out with childlike enthusiasm. “Ooh, Donghae, let’s go to the rainforest first!”

            I smiled, “So you can be with your family? Let’s go watch the boring ones first then we visit your umma and appa.” He stuck his tongue at me and I screamed, “Merongggggg!” I laughed as he pouted and ran ahead to the lions.

E POV

            “Look, appa! This is lion, Simba! Rawr~” a little kid pointed at the lions excitedly. I laughed and thought of Siwon. I was content. Donghae and I were still friends, despite the fact that I continuously messed things up between us, and this was perfect. This was what friends did. I looked over and saw the Fishy smiling at the child. I sniggered, Lee Donghae always wanted to be a father. Then a thought clouded my mood. Soon he will be one, and it will be Jessica’s child. I shook the saddening thought away and bounced to the rainforest entrance.

            “Donghae, I’m bored, I wanna go see the monkeys.” He laughed and shook away the hair that fell in his eyes. I grabbed his hand and we walked in. The first animals we saw were the birds, the parrots flying all around us. He ducked and hid his head in my arms when a bird flew our way. I laughed and we pushed on.

            “Hyukkie! Look, there you are!” he pointed at an adorable monkey. The monkey was sitting on the branches, its brown eyes staring down at me. I lifted a hand and dorkily waved at my kin. The monkey hopped down and pressed its face to the glass. I put my face in front of it and puffed my cheeks. Donghae guffawed and poked my cheeks. Keeping my cheeks puffed, I turned to stick out my tongue at him.

            Further ahead, there was the river. We stood and watched as the giant fish swam around. A long shadowed slithered across the water. Donghae grabbed my arm. “Look, an anaconda!” I watched the anaconda swim up to the glass and it gave us a cold look through its slitted eyes before chasing a fish. Jessica is that anaconda. That’s what she’s good at, chasing after fish. I smirked at the metaphor and we walked out of the rainforest.

            “On to the aquarium!” I pumped my fist up at the sky. “Race you!”

             There were so many types of fish. I pointed at a heavy lidded one with a hooked lip. It swam slowly and looked dull. “Wahahahahahaha, that’s you Fishy!” He pouted and pointed at a school of clownfish in the next tank. “That’s me! Where are the anchovies?” he looked around cutely. I wiggled up and down, “They’re right here.” We burst into rambunctious laughter and the mother standing next to us gave us the evil glare.

 

D POV

            Eunhyuk and I stayed at the zoo for hours, laughing until our abs hurt and making all the ahjummas mad at us with our silliness. Ever since the fiasco with Jessica, I’ve never had so much fun in one day. We left the aquarium and sat on a bench in front of the flamingos, our ice cream. I stared at Eunhyuk as I watched him his strawberry cone greedily. I smiled, this was the person I was meant to be with.

            “So, Lee Donghae,” he leaned into me and I watched his swollen eyes shine. My heart began to beat wildly and I held my breath. “What are we doing next? Can we please go to the petting zoo?” he butted his head into my arm and began to blink cutely.

            I snorted and pushed his head away. “You silly aegyo Monkey. Okay, okay,” I laughed when his hair began to tickle me.

            We sat there a while and finished our cones, watching the flamingos mingle with the swans. I stood up and stretched, then quickly dropped my arms when I saw the other girls staring. I turned to look at Eunhyuk and saw Jessica standing off in the distance with Sooyoung. My heart dropped. What the hell was she doing here?

J POV

            After I went home to get Sooyoung, I had our driver follow the bus I saw Donghae and Eunhyuk get on. Sooyoung was confused and kept asking me, “Unni, where are we going?” I just smiled mysteriously and she sat in baffled silence.

            When we got there, we went around the zoo, looking for the two boys. I pretended I was just there for the sake of spending time with her. “Unni, it’s so hot, and what about the baby? Are you sure you’re going to be okay?”

            I smiled, touched by her caring. “Sweetie, don’t worry about unni. I’ll be fine, I’m only one month! Besides, this is for you.”

            We walked for four hours, and soon my feet began to blister. I saw a bench and began to walk towards it. As we got nearer, Sooyoung grabbed my arm. “Unni, I see Eunhyuk-oppa with Donghae-oppa.”

            I squinted and saw the two boys standing and laughing. I grinned with satisfaction. “Of course, Soo. I said this is all for you.” She frowned and looked at me confused before brightening.

            “Unni, kamsa!” She hugged me tightly, careful to put her arms above my stomach. I smiled at the tall girl and we walked over to the two.

            “Ya, Donghae! Where were you? I thought we were supposed to meet at the entrance as planned?” I talked quickly to prevent him from protesting. I saw him open his mouth and I quickly spoke on. “Enjoy, Sooyoung-shi!” I grabbed Donghae’s arm and dragged him away towards the right.

            As we turned I saw Eunhyuk’s hurt expression. I sniggered. Good. He needed to dispel any ideas that Donghae was there just for him. I bit my lips to prevent myself from laughing out loud. “Come, let’s leave these two lovebirds alone.”

E POV

            I stood up and watched Donghae stretch. His shirt rode precariously up and I went slightly crazy at the hint of his toned stomach. But he put his arms down and we heard, “Ya, Donghae! Where were you? I thought we were supposed to meet at the entrance as planned?” I turned and saw that annoying blonde with Sooyoung.

            I glanced at Donghae and saw his face pale. Planned? My eyes narrowed. 

 

Oooh, Aigoo~ This adorable Aegyo Monkey and Fishy <3 

Gah, Jessica >-<