Chapter 17- Kyuhyun Steps In

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            I woke up in the morning with a massive headache. I sat up and the world whirled around me. Groaning, I called for Sungmin.

“Sungmin-ah! What’s going on?” I cried weakly. He came running in and a relieved smile lit up his face. He sat on my bed and looked at me. “Are you feeling better?” I nodded and tried to sit up. A wave of nausea passed over me and I thumped back down.

“Omo!” his forehead creased. “I’ll get you ginger ale. Don’t you dare move.” He walked swiftly out the door only to be followed in by Kyuhyun.

“Hyung, are you feeling better? You stupid Monkey. You know you shouldn’t drink. I know how you feel right now, but I think you should control yourself. You’re so sure there’s never going to be anything between you two, so stop throwing these fits. You’re hurting us all.” He spoke bluntly and without pity. I cowered under his fierce gaze. Last night came back to me in pieces and shatters.

I nodded and wiped at the tears in my eyes. “Mi-mianhe, Kyuhyun-shi. Hyung will try to be good from now on. I promise. You’re right. I did give up, so I shouldn’t act stupid. Please forgive me.” I buried my face into my pillow and sobbed.

            “Kyuhuyn-ah! What did you do?” Sungmin asked. He sat by my side and patted my head. “There, there. It’s okay. Here, drink some.”

 

K POV

            After taking care of Eunhyuk, I stormed to Donghae’s room. When I threw the door open, I saw him throw something to the edge of the bed. Ignoring it, I zeroed in on him. “Hyung, where were you last night? Don’t tell me you were sleeping. That’s bull. I don’t know what’s going on between you two,” I lied. “But, this constant fighting and making chaos needs to stop. You’re being unfair to the rest of us, as well as to the Chinese ELFs who have been waiting for our comeback since forever. How can you so casually throw all of it away?”

            He looked at me with defeated eyes. I hated that look. I hated when people gave up. Donghae-hyung, my favorite hyung. The one I always looked up to ever since I first joined Super Junior. I always saw him as strong, when his father passed away and even now with the wedding. But, somehow, this back and forth relationship with Eunhyuk-hyung is throwing him off. His eyes looked dazed and he has the air of someone who’s long accepted what life threw at him.

            I stepped up to him and looked him deep in the eyes. “Hyung, you need to make up with Eunhyuk-shi. You two are such great friends, why would you want to lose this type of friendship? Just get over it and apologize. We’re going home in two days, so just be good to him. We need to keep Super Junior strong. Araso?” I knelt down next to him and felt his hot tears drench my collar.

D POV

            The next day was our final day of promotions before going back for my wedding preparations.  Ugh, my wedding. I’ve forgotten about that. I shook off the panic and walked to Eunhyuk’s room. I knocked carefully and he said to come in.

            He was sitting at his desk, updating his Cyworld and Perfection was blaring from his iPod. I watched for a second as he wiggled in his chair, acting like a child. He looked up when I walked in and I was surprised to see his face remain neutral rather than form into blossoms of hate.

            “Eunhyuk-shi. Did you like China?” I asked, not knowing where to start. He grunted and looked back at his laptop. I pointed at the monkey icon. “You look like that.” I smiled gently at him.

            He turned to look at me. “What do you want? You didn’t come here to make small talk. You want something.” His tone was accusing but his face was bored. There was only a flash of irritation in his eyes.

            “Eunhyuk, I know that proposal was stupid. I did it because I thought it might be better for publicity,” I lied, not wanting to admit that it was my jealousy of what he did. “And, I know I’ve been a jerk to you lately, so I just wanted to make friends.”

            He looked at me blankly then twirled back around to continue typing. I tentatively put my hand on his shoulder. He tensed but didn’t shrug it off. “Come on. You know you missed my dorkiness!” I twirled him around and began to make dorky faces. His mouth twitched and I knew I was on the right track.

            He rolled his eyes and pushed me out of the way. “Aish, be quiet Lee Donghae. I’m really only doing this because of the fans you know. Otherwise, I would still be mad at you. Pulling that stunt with Jessica.” I laughed and jammed a finger into his abs.

            He stood up and retaliated. Soon we were laughing and my heart sang when I saw his gummy smile flash at me. I had my Monkey back.

K POV

            I stood outside Eunhyuk’s room and heard the two laughing and chasing each other. I smirked. My maknae powers have once more brought peace to our group.