Chapter 12 - Meeting, Time Bomb

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            Kyuhyun and I set out to meet the lawyer the next day. I almost had a heart attack when we ran into Donghae, but Kyuhyun managed to push me onwards. On the car ride, we were preparing our scripts and I put on my wig and mustache. I deepened my voice and practiced talking naturally.

            “Mr. Choi,” I mimicked Siwon’s voice. Kyuhyun burst out laughing and nodded for me to continue. “Hyung, that was a perfect imitation! Keep going.” I nodded and read through the rest of my script.

            We pulled up to the building and we stepped out. Kyuhyun was supposed to be my associate and we were sent by Jessica to work out the details of their agreements. When we got up to his office, we were met by an imposing man with a full mustache. He didn’t glance up when we walked in and merely pointed at the chairs before him.

            I cleared my throat, “Mr. Choi, I believe my cousin Jessica has met with you to discuss certain matters?” He nodded impatiently. This was the tricky part. “She never mentioned what exactly was the agreement. She said you would explain it all to me.” I held my breath, hoping he would take the bait.

            He looked up and looked at me with doubting eyes. “Mr. Jung. Are you sure about this? I contacted Ms. Jung after we spoke and she said she had no idea what you were talking about. In fact, she doesn’t even have a cousin named Minyoong. If you’ll excuse me, I believe you are an imposter. Why you would be interested in such private affairs, I do not know. But I do know you shall not be receiving any information. Now, kindly leave my office before I call the cops.”

I stood up to leave, but Kyuhyun tugged at my sleeves. He pointed at a file on the desk labeled “Jung Documentation.” He raised his eyebrows and a sly grin formed on his face.

“AHHH MY LEG! MY LEG!” he crashed onto the floor and began to wail at the top of his lungs. Mr. Choi looked up alarmed and ran around the desk and called for backup. Luck was on our side, and his secretary just went to lunch.

He walked back and found Kyuhyun writihing on the floor and I was next to him, trying to grasp what was wrong. Kyu’s mischievous eyes looked up and saw the lawyer stand there, dumbstruck. His face morphed into a mask of agony. “CALL THE AMBULANCE YOU STUPID! I’m in AHH, so much AHH pain.” He began clutching his stomach and gagging. The lawyer looked at me and I shrugged. “I don’t have a phone. Help my associate! How dare you stand there like a wooden gorilla?”

            He sighed and ran out to get an ambulance. Kyu immediately jumped up, tucked the file under his coat and we ran for it. We streaked past a bewildered Choi Jongyoon and ran for the car.

            When we piled in, I shouted for the driver to get out of there and we burst out laughing. “Kyuhyun-shi, where did you get those acting skills? The musical has been good for you!” I slapped our maknae on the back and continued to laugh. As we slowly came to, he pulled out the documentation and showed it to me.

            Inside was a pile of documentations concerning hospital reports from Donghae as well as Jessica’s. But there was nothing to indicate what Jessica had been planning. I rifled through the papers and found a post-it that said, “Contact Lee Suyeob.”

            We looked at each other. Who was this Lee Suyeob person?

 

D POV

            Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun walked in three hours later, holding a strange envelope. I went to talk to them but they veered around me and ran into Eunhyuk’s room, shutting and locking the door. I groaned in frustration, and a bit of jealousy. What were they up to that I couldn’t be in on?

            My Blackberry beeped and I realized it was my mother calling. “Umma?” I answered.

            “Mmm, Donghae. I was calling about the wedding. I wanted to ask you what was going on. Jessica called me telling me that she wants to move the date up to ten days from now? What’s with the rush?”

            “Wah? Umma, I don’t know. We never talked about it. But if that’s what she wants, I guess you should know that there’s no arguing with a lady. Just do what she says I suppose,” I sighed defeatedly.

            “Hae, my baby, this is your big day. Why do you sound so upset? Aish,” my mom began to cry.

            “Umma! Why are you crying? Don’t cry umma, I’m really happy. Just a little tired.”

            “Ah, I know it’s s-so hard for you, with your ap-appa is gone. You’ve been so brave, but I don’t know how to tell you the joys of being a groom, and what to do. Aish, sometimes I just miss your appa so much,” she cried.

            I felt tears well up in my eyes. “Umma, saranghaeyeo, araso? I am very happy right now, seriously. I want you to be happy with me,” I forced myself to lie. My heart ached so badly for my father and I wanted my mother. “Umma, come over to our dorms. I want to see you.”

            She hiccupped and agreed to be there with Jessica in fifteen minutes. When they walked in, Jessica refused to look at me and my mother was drying her eyes. I put my arms around my mom and forced myself to shift through the plans.

            Eunhyuk came out just when my mom said, “Donghae, in ten days, you’re going to be a husband. I can’t wait to see Jessica walk down the aisle.”

            He stopped in front of us and looked over curiously. “Bwo? Ten days?”

            My mom and Jessica nodded enthusiastically. I saw something in Eunhyuk’s face change and he ran back to his room, calling, “Kyu! Aish, Kyuhyun-shi!”

 

Yeah, wooden gorilla XD Now picture it! Ohmygosh. TEN DAYS??? What to do what to do? 

This is the Monkey version of what happened :P

Monkey Winks Monkey IconsMonkey Emoticons Monkey IconMonkey Emoticon

Cute no?

All the monkey icons are courtesy of ifallelsefails, Love you and also GwiYeoun <3