Changing

Why Don't You Just Jump?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11S7APRNoFE


 

On the way home from school I told JongUp I wanted to stop off at a convenience store to get some hair dye. If I was going to be the queenka and be noticed with HimChan I needed a drastic change. I decided on black with blonde streaks. I was going to need to change my wardrobe outside of school too. I wanted to be y instead of cute. As soon as I got home I barricaded myself in my room to do my hair. Just as I began to set everything out on my bathroom counter my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hello, my little queenka~”

“HimChan, what do you want?”

“I just wanted to know what you were going to do to…you know…be more queenka-like?” He asked.

“I’m dying my hair.”

“Me too! What colour?” He sounded way too excited.

“Black with blonde streaks.”

“That’s perfect! I’m dying mine blonde.”

“…Completely?”

“Yup!”

“Whoa…”

“I know right? We are certainly going to be a striking pair. We’ll blow Zelo and HyoSung right off the radar. And I can’t wait until the dance on Friday! We’re going to be so hot!”

“HimChan…”

“Yes, my little strudel?”

I involuntarily smiled at his pet name. “I’m not so sure what I should wear…”

“Hmm, be early for school tomorrow, I’ll bring something for you.”

“What if I don’t like it?”

“That’s too bad then.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

As I ended the call there was a knock on the door.

“Come in~” I called.

JongUp opened the door.

“So you and HimChan are talking now?”

“Mind your own business,” I said shortly.

JongUp raised his eyebrows and folded his arms. “Excuse me?”

“Sorry, I’m just…preoccupied right now.”

“What is going on with you and HimChan?”

I sighed. I wasn’t used to hiding things from JongUp.

“He is helping me get over JunHong.”

JongUp sighed. “I’m sorry.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry your oppa couldn’t help you get over him and now you have to turn to HimChan.”

“No! Oppa, it’s not like that –”

“Then tell me how to help you! I don’t want you relying on him, not after what he tried to do to you.”

JongUp had tried, he really had, but it seemed like no matter how much attention he paid to me I just couldn’t forget JunHong. After the disastrous Christmas dinner he had tried to console me and dote on me as much as possible but it just didn’t work. I would feel better momentarily then the slightest thing would remind me of JunHong and I would fall into another slump.

“Oppa…what HimChan is doing for me…it’s something only he can do and it’s really for himself but it just so happens it would help me too.”

“And that is?”

“He wants to keep his title of the kingka from JunHong so we’re going to…um…”

“Don’t tell me…”

“I’m going to…”

You’re going to be the queenka?”

“Yes, together, HimChan and I, I think we make a really good couple visually and you know how shallow everyone at school is. Once HimChan and I show up looking better everyone will forget about JunHong and HyoSung.

“Don’t you think this is kind of drastic?”

“No, I don’t. I’m sick of everyone fawning over JunHong likes he’s a saint. He doesn’t deserve that.”

“No…he doesn’t…but be careful, Saya. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you being the queenka, honestly I think it will give you some confidence and I think that would be great but make sure you stay the same person, ok? Don’t get caught up in this revenge thing.”

“I promise.”

“And if HimChan lays a hand on you I’ll chop all his limps off and make him eat them.”

O_O

JongUp returned to his cheerful self. “Do you need help with your hair?”

I nodded happily and we started the process. Early the next morning JongUp pulled a dirty towel from around my shoulders and after blow-drying my hair he turned me to face the mirror. I was surprised but I liked it. Black hair made me more mysterious and I was sure with my makeup tomorrow I would be a knockout.


Sorry it's a bit short >_<