Step By Step

Why Don't You Just Jump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjGSYCylmqQ


 That night I decided to dance away my stress. I compiled some of my favourite songs to dance to and pressed play. After two hours of crazy non-stop dancing I took a shower and snuggled into my bed. My phone started to ring as soon as I closed my eyes.

“Hello?”

“Hey, what’s up?” JunHong asked.

For some reason I started blushing at the fact that he had called me.

“I’m fine, just…ah…resting…”

“Me too. What happened to you after school?”

“Oh, mianhe~, I had an emergency.” JongUp and HimChan.

“Is everything ok?”

“Yeah, everything’s fine now.”

“So…are you tired?”

“Er…I guess, why?”

“I would be too after dancing like that.”

O_O

“You were watching me again?!”

“Just for a bit,” he admitted a little too happily, “I was out for some late-night skateboarding and I saw your light on so I thought, why not?”

“What – what did you see?”

“I stayed for a couple of songs, Change and I Am The Best, then my mom called so unfortunately I had to go.”

“Oh…”

“Sorry if I’m creeping you out but you’re a really good dancer.”

“Um, thank you?”

He laughed and I could see his eye-smile in my mind’s eye.

“HyoSung is a dancer as well, I think you guys would be good friends.”

I stayed quiet.

“Saya?”

“Yes?”

“Do you…not like the people I sit with?”

“N-no! Why are you asking that?”

“I just…kind of get the vibe that you don’t want to sit with them. It is because of YongGuk’s reputation? Honestly he’s a really nice guy.”

“It’s not that…”

“Then what is it?”

I wanted to tell JunHong I was scared but I just didn’t know him well enough. What if he rejected me? I didn’t want that.

“I just can’t,” I said lamely.

“…That’s it?”

I nodded then remembered we were on the phone and uttered a small ‘yes’.

“You can tell me you know, I mean if there’s something wrong. I know we haven’t been friends for long but I just want you to know you can talk to me.”

I took a deep breath. If he rejected me that just meant he wasn’t worth being my friend. That’s what JongUp would say.

“I’m scared,” I said quietly.

“Wae?”

“I don’t like meeting new people. I get really shy and I panic.”

He was quiet for a few seconds. “Is that why you passed out the other day?”

“Yeah…it’s that bad.”

“So how did you meet the friends you have now?”

“JunHong, I – I don’t really talk to anyone at school besides you and my oppa. I don’t have any friends –”

My voice cracked and to my embarrassment I started to cry.

“Saya, Saya it’s ok.”

“Really?” I asked, my voice stuffy.

“Come outside.”

“Wha-what? Now?”

“Yes, now.”

I wiped my face and padded softly downstairs. As soon as I opened the door I was pulled into a bear hug.

“Saya~ don’t cry, ok? I’m your friend and I can help you make new friends, step by step, it’s ok~”

He let me go, held me at arm’s length and peered into my face.

“Are you feeling better?”

I sniffled and nodded. I really did feel better, like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I was no longer stressing over whether or not I would lose my only friend.  JunHong casually tucked my hair behind my ear and I tried not to blush.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow?”

I nodded. He smiled and waved goodbye. I quietly closed the door and was heading back upstairs when I saw a shadow on the staircase.

“Saya? What are you doing in the dark?” JongUp asked.

“Oh…I…I could ask you the same thing!”

“I was getting water you pabo stop changing the subject. I thought I heard you talking to someone?”

“Just myself!” I laughed awkwardly.

“Really, Saya, I’d think by now you would know you can’t lie to me. You were talking to JunHong weren’t you?”

“How did you know?”

“Who else would you be talking to outside at this hour? What the hell did he want so late at night?”

“I was telling him...about being shy and stuff…”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he was really sweet about it.”

“Hmm, he seems like a good kid, just be careful though, Saya. Don’t move too fast.”

“Oppa! We’re just friends!”

“Yeah, sure, go to sleep child. And stay there.” 


 

This chapter was kinda short >_< just a bit of fluff lol but next chapter....well you guys will find out hehe