The Truth

Why Don't You Just Jump?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2k7U5ETD-o

 

(Saya’s POV)

JunHong invited me to have lunch with him and YongGuk and JiEun so I obliged as I was still feeling guilty for not letting him call me. At lunchtime I nervously walked over to the table where he normally sat. No one was there yet so I sat and waited. I saw YongGuk and JiEun headed my way and felt a bit uneasy. YongGuk and I weren’t on the best terms. They sat down across from me. JiEun smiled brightly but YongGuk simply started eating.  I smiled awkwardly and focused on my food.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Saya,” JiEun said.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” I said, quietly.

YongGuk snorted and continued to eat.

“Stop being such a prick!” JiEun chided. “Introduce yourself.”

“She already knows –”

Jieun glared at YongGuk and he shut up and looked at me. “I’m YongGuk.”

JiEun smiled and kissed him on the cheek. I couldn’t help but smile at how chuffed YongGuk looked when he received the kiss. Maybe he had a good side after all. JunHong had said he was actually really nice. Speaking of JunHong, I could see him happily walking to our table.

“Hey guys!” He said brightly when he got closer. We all greeted him and he sat next to me.

“How are you, Saya?”

Before I could answer I saw the person I least wanted to see for the rest of my life. HyoSung. She had cut her hair into a bouncy bob, probably in an attempt to look cuter. She was marching over to the table. When she arrived she stood for a couple seconds surveying everyone. YongGuk looked like he hated HyoSung even more than he hated me. JiEun's face was a mixture of annoyance and disapproval. JunHong simply looked angry. Her eyes settled on me and she gave me the same smirk she had given me after I had seen her kiss JunHong. Even though she was obviously not welcome she sat at the end of the table closest to JiEun and me.

“Why so serious?” she asked all of us, laughing at our faces. Then she turned to me. “You’re really pathetic, you know that? Look at you. Eating with the guy that cheated on you, are you that desperate –”

YongGuk slammed his hands on the table making all of us jump.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” He shouted at HyoSung. “You’re the one who’s pathetic!”

HyoSung narrowed her eyes. “Me?” She scoffed.

“Yes, you!” YongGuk shouted, pointing at her. “It’s pretty damn pathetic to need to put other people down to feel good!”

“I’m just telling the truth,” HyoSung snapped. She turned her attention back to me. “Aren’t I telling the truth, Saya? Didn’t you see JunHong kissing me? I didn’t do anything wrong and I’m not doing anything wrong now.”

My eyes started to fill with tears but I resolved myself not to cry in front of HyoSung. I wasn’t going to get up and run away either.

“You’re such a liar,” YongGuk said, “You know exactly what you did.”

HyoSung shrugged. “It’s not my fault that I’m irresistible, right JunHong?”

I looked over at him. His hands were shaking and he looked about ready to cry.

“Why are you doing this, HyoSung?” He didn’t sound angry like he had looked before, just tired and miserable. “What did I ever do to you to make you lie about me like this?”

HyoSung just shook her head and delicately ate her noodles. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

JunHong sighed heavily. “You won’t stop, will you? You won’t stop until Saya wants absolutely nothing to do with me. You tried to force yourself on me and when Saya walked in the classroom you made it seem like I wanted to kiss you. You stuck to me after to make it seem like I wanted to be with you. And now, as soon as you see us together again you’re back to make sure it doesn’t happen. Just stop trying, HyoSung. I don’t like you and no matter what you do I never will. You ruined my life.”

JunHong was so sincere. Was it possible HyoSung had really tricked him into her? Tears started to stream down HyoSung’s face.

“JunHong…I never wanted to hurt you…”

“Are you serious?” JunHong asked her. “Because of you I can’t be with the girl that I love. Do you know how much that hurts?”

Love? JunHong loved me?

 “I…I just wanted you…please don’t hate me…”

“How can I not despise you when you constantly lie like this?”

“I JUST WANTED YOU TO BE WITH ME!” HyoSung suddenly bawled. “You’re the first guy that I pursued that didn’t want me back! Every day I would sit here and listen to you talk about her!” She pointed at me. “When she walked in how could I not take advantage of that?”

I tried to absorb what HyoSung just said.

JunHong talked about me every day?

She had taken advantage of me seeing her kiss JunHong?

I thought back, really thought back on when I had walked in on them. HyoSung’s hands had been holding JunHong’s face. Her eyes had been closed, his eyes had been wide open……. He had pushed her off…..oh my God. Oh my God. I had been wrong all this time.

Suddenly the bell rang and we all jumped. HyoSung stood up and looked down at me. “I hate you. No matter what I did he wouldn’t give up on you.” She walked away.

YongGuk turned to me. “If you still don’t believe what really happened after this…” He shook his head and took JiEun’s hand. “Let’s go.” She nodded and looked at me.

“Really, Saya, JunHong has been telling you the truth all this time,” she said, earnestly. YongGuk tugged on her hand and they walked away. I looked over at JunHong to see that he was crying quietly.

“I’m sorry you had to sit through that,” he said.

“No…I’m sorry.”

JunHong looked over at me slowly. “You…you believe me?”

I nodded.

“Really?!” JunHong asked, still not believing it.

“Yes!”

“Oh my God!” He threw his arms around me and I did the same.

“JunHong, I’m so sorry. I – I can’t even apologize enough. I kept treating you like crap and you didn’t give up on me. I was horrible to you. I was absolutely horrible to you. I’m so sorry!”

He hugged me even tighter. “No, Saya. It’s ok. How would you have known the truth?”

He was so understanding I couldn’t even believe it. How could he be so sweet?

“JunHong how can you still like me after this?”

He pulled back and looked me in the eyes. “Because I don’t just like you, Saya. I love you.”

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. Without thinking, I kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.

“Excuse me,” we both heard a voice say. We immediately broke apart to see Mr. Hahn.

“Detention for both of you.”

We looked at each other, not even caring. Detention was a small price to pay for the bliss we were feeling right now. We got up and followed behind Mr. Hahn holding hands. 


 

Sorry this chapter is so short! >______< and thanks so much to those of you that comment, it makes me so happy ^_^ I'm not sure how you guys will react to this news but the story's coming to an end~ ;_;