A Little Closer

Why Don't You Just Jump?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUPW89Lhf_E


(JunHong’s POV)

I was running out of ways to get Saya back. I had even resorted to asking YongGuk to talk to her but that still didn’t work. In the end he ended up getting pissed at her and walking off. He said she wasn’t worth it if she was treating me like this but I disagreed. Saya was hurt. She was probably feeling embarrassed and more insecure, of course she would want to stay away from the person who made her feel like that especially with how sensitive she already was.

I walked away from her window. I had been so excited when she actually came to the window but then she threw a bucket of water at me -_-. I had to find some way to tell her the truth or at least get her to talk to me again. When I got to the front door my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and fipped it open.

“Hello?”

“Hey, you wanna meet up and go skateboarding?” YongGuk asked.

“Sure, where are you?”

“I’m about 5 minutes away from your house.”

“Cool, see you in a bit.”

I was glad to get my mind off of Saya for a bit but it wasn’t that easy. As YongGuk and I sped past Saya’s house I saw HimChan walking up to her door. I immediately stopped and so did YongGuk.

“What – oh…” He said when he realized what I was looking at. “Let’s just go. There’s nothing we can do.”

I gritted my teeth. I was jealous of HimChan. He was incredibly good-looking and he had Saya. My Saya. How was I supposed to compete with him?

“Come on, Zelo. Let’s go.”

I couldn’t. I watched Saya’s front door open. She welcomed HimChan with a smile and they kissed. They kissed. I noticed neither of her parent’s cars was present. Was JongUp there? I watched the door shut as HimChan disappeared inside.

“Are you happy now that you’ve tortured yourself watching them?” YongGuk asked.

I huffed and hopped back on my skateboard.

“I think you need to find someone else, Zelo. Liking Saya is obviously not doing you any good.”

“Did you choose to like JiEun?” I asked back bitterly.

YongGuk stayed silent. He understood. As we were skating I saw a figure jogging away with earphones in. JongUp hyung! I quickly started skating in his direction.

“JongUp hyung! JongUp hyung!”

He couldn’t hear me so I got off my skateboard and ran to him. He saw me out of the corner of his eye and stopped, glaring at me.

“You have the audacity to talk to me after what you did to my sister?!” He already looked ready to smash my face in. YongGuk coolly walked up to my side.

“Chill out,” YongGuk said to JongUp. “He didn’t do anything to your sweet little sister who is currently home alone with Kim HimChan.”

“What? That isn’t funny,” JongUp said, but he looked a little worried.

“We passed them on the way here!” I said to JongUp. “Honestly hyung, I haven’t lied before and I’m not lying now!”

JongUp looked from me to YongGuk, taking in our serious faces. He muttered a curse and started running back home.

“Do you think she’s ok?” I asked YongGuk.

“She’s the one who invited him in.”

“But what if he tries to do something with her?”

YongGuk sighed.

“I’m sorry,” I said, “I just can’t stop caring about her. I know I’m no fun to be around right now. Even HyoSung is avoiding me; but that’s fine.”

YongGuk laughed. “I’m sorry about her. She proclaimed herself JiEun’s best friend and she won’t go away. No one likes her but she’s delusional enough to think everyone does.”

I looked back in the direction JongUp had run off in.

“Why don’t you just go back?” YongGuk asked. “You’re going to be worried until you know if she’s ok.”

I smiled apologetically at YongGuk. “Thanks, hyung. I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it.” He nodded and skated away while I rushed off in the other direction.

 

(Saya’s POV)

HimChan and I were laying on the couch in my living room watching a stupid reality show. I was nestled into him with my back against his front and his arm was around me. When the show got a little too ridiculous he switched the TV off. He sighed and so did I.

“Are you feeling better?”

I nodded. “I didn’t even offer you anything, I’m so sorry. Are you hungry? Thirsty?”

“No, I’m fine. Let’s just stay like this.” He wrapped his arm tighter around me and sighed again. “When are your parents coming home?”

“Probably later tonight.”

“And JongUp?”

I shrugged. “He normally runs for a pretty long time.”

“So you’re sure he’s not gonna walk in and see us alone together?”

“I dunno, why?”

HimChan snorted. “You may not have to worry but I do. JongUp hates me.”

“Nuh-uh. He’s giving you a chance so that means he doesn’t.”

“Riiiight.”

“Fine. Would you feel safer if we went to my room?”

“Much safer.”

We got off the couch and I led HimChan up to my room.

“It’s nice to be here again,” HimChan said quietly. He had been in my room before when we were dating. I had almost forgotten but we had good memories here. I sat in the window seat and HimChan flopped onto my bed.

“Saya, what are you doing all the way over there? Come on.” He patted the space next to him on the bed. I hesitated.

“You know we were just on the couch together, right? Or did you forget already?” HimChan teased.

“No…but…this is different.”

“I’m not going to make you do anything you don’t want to do,” HimChan said, looking me right in the eyes. I took a deep breath and went over to him. I placed my head on his chest and turned myself into him, resting my arm on his flat stomach. HimChan my hair and I started to relax.

 

(JongUp’s POV)

I ignored the tightening in my chest from running so hard and so fast. If those bastards were joking about HimChan being here I would rip them to pieces. I stopped as soon as I got to the front door considering that I should be quiet. I slipped inside clutching my chest and trying not to breathe loudly which was extremely difficult. I checked downstairs. Everything seemed fine. The house was dead quiet. I headed upstairs and paused outside Saya’s door. I couldn’t hear anything. I knocked. Nothing. I quietly opened the door. What I saw shocked me but at least I wasn’t going to have to shank anyone. HimChan and my sister were sleeping peacefully together. Saya’s body was curled into HimChan and he had his arm wrapped protectively around her. I closed the door and headed to my room.

I couldn’t help but feel a little inadequate. I knew Saya wasn’t a little girl anymore but that didn’t make me feel any better when I saw her taking comfort from other guys. It wasn’t too long ago when I would be the one to hold her every time she cried or got scared but she was at that age now where she wanted that from someone else. She was growing up. I couldn’t stand HimChan but Saya obviously had different feelings towards him. I was going to have to talk to her later and re-warn her about him. He almost her for Krisus’s sake. But for now I would let them be.

I picked up my phone. There were numerous calls and texts from JunHong. He really cared about her didn’t he? I dialled his number.

“HYUNG! Oh my gosh I was so scared when you wouldn’t answer my calls! Is Saya ok?? Are you ok?? Did HimChan –”

“JunHong, everything is fine!” I said as quietly as I could while still trying to get the message across.

“Oh! Phew!”

“Yeah…hey, thanks for letting me know though.”

“Anything for Saya, hyung.”

“This doesn’t add up though. If you care about my sister so much why did you cheat on her?”

“I’ve already told you, hyung. I didn’t cheat on Saya. HyoSung pulled me to her and at that exact moment Saya saw us.”

“And why were you alone with HyoSung in the first place?”

“She’s like a leech, hyung. But at least since I’m no fun these days she stays away.”

“Hmmm…” I considered what JunHong said. “You know…I think I believe you.”

“OH MY GOSH HYUNG, THANK YOU!”

“Yeah, yeah, keep it down. I need my hearing.”

“Will you try to convince Saya for me?”

“That’s going to be a lot more difficult than you think.” Saya was getting in pretty deep with HimChan if she felt safe enough with him to sleep together.

“Will you try, hyung? Please?”

I sighed. “Alright, JunHong. I’ll try.”


 

Just wondering again ^^; do you guys check out the songs that I post before the chapters sometimes for hints or do you just go straight into the chapter? Thanks for reading and commenting! XD