Was it a lie?

Best place

 

Taemin was walking to the only one he trusted; Kai. He got to the door and knocked. After some seconds Kai opened the door with a pen in his hand.

"Hi!" Kai greeted with a bright smile on his face.

"Hi", Taemin greeted, not as happy as Kai.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked. "Come in so we can talk." Kai stepped aside and let Taemin walk inside. They sat in the living room. Kai's school books was on the table. That reminded Taemin that he also had homework, but he didn't care right now.

"Well? What is it?" Kai asked. He could see that Taemin was troubled. Taemin didn't know how to start so he decided to just say it. He took a deep breath.

"I-I think I like Minho", he said and avoided to look at Kai. When Kai didn't say anything Taemin looked up and saw Kai staring at him with his mouth slightly open. "Sorry. I disgusted you. I should leave now", Taemin said and stood up but Kai grabbed his arm and made him sit down again.

"No, I'm not disgusted. I was only surprised. But I never thought you were gay", Kai said honestly. He was afraid that he said something that might have upset Taemin.

"I didn't know it myself, but I never liked girls anyway." Kai was relieved that Taemin wasn't upset.

"But you've had many girlfriends before." 

"I know but I didn't like them like that. I thought I could return their feelings but I couldn't. But now I think I found someone I really like and I think he likes me too."

"How do you know that?"

"He kissed me. Twice", Taemin said and blushed at the memories. "Once when he thought I was asleep and once this morning but I reacted like an idiot and ran away and avoided him all morning. Now I don't know what to do, so I came here hoping that you could help me." Taemin sighed and ran his hand trough his hair.

"You should tell him that you like him. He maybe think that you hate him because of how you reacted", Kai said and patted Taemin's shoulder encouraging.

"You're right", Taemin said and stood up and Kai followed him to the door.

"Of course I'm right", Kai said with a playful smile. 

"Thanks for the help. Bye", Taemin said and walked out.

"Bye", he heard Kai shout behind him before the door shut.

Taemin wasn't ready yet to talk to Minho so he walked to a park and sat on a bench to think.

 

Minho had gone out to take a run after Key left the kitchen. It was almost half an hour since then. What if Taemin had a girlfriend. What if he have a girlfriend? He felt a sting of jealousy at the thought of Taemin with a girl. Now he was sure he likes Taemin. But how will he tell him? Taemin is straight, he was sure by the reaction he got after he kissed him.

Minho was tired and was heading to a park to take a rest. When he was there he saw a familiar slim body sitting on a bench. Taemin! What is he doing here? 

Minho stopped running and walked to Taemin. Looks like he was thinking about something cause when Minho put his hand on Taemin's shoulder he jumped up from the bench and turned around.

"Does everyone want to scare me to death today?" Taemin said and placed a hand on his heart that was beating fast from the scare, but when he realised it was Minho who stood in front of him his heartbeat quickened. "Hyung, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing", Minho said and sat down on the bench and Taemin sat beside him.

"I-I was thinking about something. I needed to take some fresh air. And you?" Taemin avoided eye contact.

"I was taking a jog, I also had things to think about", he said. Taemin only nodded but didn't look up, he was only staring at a random spot on the ground.

"Taemin", Minho said and hesitated before he continued. "What happened this morning... I'm sorry but I really like you and I'm sure you don't feel the same but I just wanted you to know that even though I've only known you for a week I've only seen things I like, and I don't only mean your body; you're a great person when you smile. And if you ever get depressed again then I maybe can help you. But this might be awkward for y-" Minho was cut off by Taemin's lips pressed against his. 

Minho was surprised but didn't pull away. After a few seconds Taemin pulled away slowly. Both of their faces was red.

"Tae-Taemin?" Minho said when Taemin put his head on Minho's shoulder.

"Whenever I'm around you I feel happy. I can't get you out of my mind. I don't know what's wrong with me." Minho only stared at Taemin. Was Taemin saying that he liked Minho? Minho had to confirm.

"Do you like me?"

"N-neh, I think I do."

With that said Minho pressed his lips against Taemin's. Taemin was surprised but didn't pull away and kissed back. Minho pulled away even though he wanted to keep going on forever but they are in a public area. Minho got up and took Taemin's hand in his and started walking home in silence. Taemin had many questions but he didn't know how to start.

When they finally arrived home Key meet them in the hallway with Taemin's sketch book in his hand and crossed arms.

"Taemin, explain what you mean by all those drawings", Key said and waved with the sketch book in front of Taemin's face. Jonghyun and Onew came behind Key with concern written all over their faces.

"I drew these a long time ago. That was when I lived there." Taemin said the last part with lower voice, probably from the painful memories.

"No, some of them are. You wrote the date on every picture and some of them are less than a week old", Key said and then his face became softer. "If you still feel bad then tell us. We can help you."

"Well it bothers me when you touch my things without my permission!" Taemin said in a mad voice. He snatched his sketch book from Key and pushed them out of his way to get to his room and slammed the door shut.

'Why do they even care?' he thought. 'No one would care if I died. Minho was just joking with me, playing with my feelings. No one would care...'

He slid his hand in his night table and took out a small blade. He sat on his bed and let a tear fall from his eye. 'I should have done this earlier.' He mumbled an 'I'm sorry' to whoever would care and was about to slide the blade over his veins when Minho opened the door and froze when he saw what Taemin was about to do. But Taemin didn't want to stop so he acted fast and was only some millimetres from his arm when Minho grabbed his arms and pushed him onto the bed so he could hold him still.

"Let go of me!" Taemin shouted and struggled to get free from Minho, but he wasn't strong enough. "Why do you even care?! Why would you even care?!" The screams made the others come running into the room.

"What happened?" Onew asked. And then they saw the blade on the bed, Taemin's tears running down his face and the way Minho held him down.

"Oh my gosh! What are you doing Taemin?!" Key shrieked and took the blade out of Taemin's reach. Taemin stopped struggling and was now lying on the bed crying silently. It broke everyones heart to see him like that, trying to kill himself. Especially Minho's heart. Minho slowly let go of Taemin who didn't move away. Minho laid beside Taemin and hugged him tightly. Taemin buried his face in Minho's chest. They laid that way until Taemin's breath became more stable and he was sleeping.

"Can we leave him alone tonight?" Onew asked. "What if he tries something again?"

"I'll sleep here tonight", Minho said. "Don't worry, I won't let him do anything." They agreed and left. Now it was only Minho and Taemin alone. Minho saw Taemin's sad face in the light of the setting sun. A tear rolled down Minho's cheek.

'Why does the one I love want to die?' he wondered. He closed his eyes and fell asleep with Taemin tightly in his embrace.

 

                                                          **************************************************************

Hey, i was wondering if you wanted some JongKey in this too? i was considering doing it but i wanted your opinion. And i also wanted your opinion for this story. is it too fast? too slow? boring? too much angst? comment and tell me ^^ Btw, i changed the name to 'best place'. I thought 'crazy love' sounded... crazy? XD

2min XD