The dance show

Best place

 

The week went by fast. In school Taemin hang out with Kai and after school they went to their park so Taemin could practice.

It was friday afternoon, only one day left till the dance competition and Taemin was practicing like crazy. When Taemin danced for the 10th time in a row without a break Kai decided it was enough.

"Take a break already", Kai said when he turned the music off. He walked over to Taemin who was sweating.

"But the competition is tomorrow. I have to practice as much as i can", Taemin said between breaths.

"No you don't have to. You're always like this before a competition. Don't worry, you'll do great tomorrow. Right now you can't overdo it. You need your strength."

"You're right", Taemin said and sat on a bench.

"When am I not right?" Kai joked and they laughed at the memories of how wrong Kai could be.

Taemin and Kai walked the same way. Kai's house was five minutes from Taemin so Taemin said goodbye and walked home. When he got home everyone sat in the living room like always. He greeted them and sat on the sofa with a soft sound. Now he felt how exhausted he was. His legs and arms hurt.

"You look tired", Jonghyun said.

"What happened?" Key asked concerned. "Did you get in a fight? Or did someone chase you?" Key was overprotective like always.

"No, nothing of that sort. Do I look that tired?"

"You're sweating so much that your shirt is wet", Onew said.

Taemin looked down at himself. Onew was right, his shirt was wet with sweat. "Oh. I should go take a shower." Taemin got up from the sofa to get a clean pajama and took a shower. When the hot water fell down on his body he relaxed. He was done in a quarter and dried his hair with a towel. He got dressed in underwears and shorts. He started looking around for his shirt but realized he forgot to bring it. He sighed and opened the door and walked out. The air felt ice cold. He shivered. He had to walk through the living room to get to his room. He wasn't so embarrassed now that his cuts started healing and they wasn't so visible like before. When he entered the living room he noticed Minho staring at him.

"Taem, is it time for a strip show?" Jonghyun asked with a whistle.

Taemin only sticked out his tongue and shut the door to his room which only made Jonghyun laugh.

Taemin felt Minho's eyes on him the whole time but he pretended he didn't notice. But why was he staring so much at a guy? Taemin blushed at the thought of Minho staring at his upper body. What the hell was wrong with him?

Taemin dressed in a t-shirt and opened the door.

"Ok, tell us", Minho said.

"Tell you what?" Taemin asked and sat on the sofa beside Key.

"Tell us what you've been doing all week. You go to school and come home at this time and you're always sweating", Jonghyun. "And you're always with that Kai guy, so does that mean you've ed yet?"

Taemin's jaw dropped. He had forgotten how dirty Jonghyun could be. "What!? No way! We're just friends and he's a guy!

Minho seemed a bit relieved. But still doubting if what Taemin said was true.

"Then what have you been doing everyday?" Onew asked curious.

"You'll know tomorrow", Taemin smirked.

They tried to get more out of him but he remained silence.

Minho didn't even want to think about that Taemin would be together with Kai. Only the thought made him angry and jealous but pretended he didn't care.

The next day 4 p.m

"I have to go early but you'll meet Kai outside and can watch it together", Taemin said when he was fully dressed and on his way to the door. "I'll see you there."

"What do you mean? What are you going to do?" Jonghyun asked but Taemin had already shut the door.

He walked to 'Show Paradise' where it was held. There was other teens there who practiced dancing. Everyone seemed nervous. Taemin had some time to practice; there was still one and half an hour till the show begun, and he was number 11 so he had about two hours of practice. But he would only practice one hour, rest and before it's his turn he would practice one last time.

Back to the hyungs.

It was almost half an hour left before the show begun and Kai was walking with them to the show. He only said that Taemin was kinda busy but they would see him later. Of course he didn't tell them that Taemin was going to dance.

"Where the heck is Taemin?" Onew asked when they've taken their seats, only five minutes left.

"Just calm down. You'll see him soon enough", Kai said.

"Bu he was the one who wanted to go in the first place, so where is he?" Jonghyun asked.

Kai was saved by the host who walked up the stage and talked about the show. Then when the show begun they all watched with amazement. They where all amazing dancers, but they still haven't seen anything yet. They watched number 10 go off the stage and the host once again came up on stage to introduce the next dancer.

"And next is dancer number 11. Lee Taemin, come up on stage."

The hyungs stopped talking about who was the best dancer so far and had all their attention at the stage where Taemin walked up and the host walked off. He was wearing black tight pants, a red tank top and a sleeveless leather jacket on top.

He saw his friends and gave them a smile. The girls started to shout. He walked to the spot where he should begin and waited for the music to start.

It all went dark. A spotlight and pointed out Taemin on the stage. The music started and Taemin's face went serious when he started dancing. This wasn't cute Taemin anymore; this was the dancing machine. His feet flew over the stage floor. Girls where squealing but Minho didn't seem to notice anything. It was only him and Taemin that existed in the whole world. Minho couldn't help smiling like an idiot at the awesome dance. And when Taemin fell on his knees and started lifting his body up and down the floor he felt his pants getting tighter.

', not now' he thought but couldn't take his eyes off Taemin, as if he was mesmerized.

When the music stopped and Taemin stood still the crowd was louder than ever. Almost everyone stood up clapping their hands and shouting. Taemin bowed and gave his friends one last glance before he he turned and walked off stage.

There was still six dancers left. The show want well for them but not as good as for Taemin.

When everyone had danced they all walked back to the stage and stood in a line. Now it was time for the crowd to vote for their favourite dancer with a phone-like appliance. The hyungs and Kai voted for Taemin. When all the votes where in the host cleared his throat.

"All of you danced well but only one can get 1st prize. The votes are in and the winner is...", the host opened a mail and took out a piece of paper. "Lee Taemin!" he said and clapped his hands.

Taemin walked forward to the host with a bright smile. "So Taemin, where you surprised when you won?" the host asked after he hang a golden medal around Taemin's neck and gave him the mic.

"Yes. Actually I didn't think I was good at all. The other dancers were great so I was really surprised", Taemin said with a laugh that made the girls go wild.

"I've seen you take 1st prize on many other dance competitions before. You are a really talented young boy. And as always, the winner will dance one more time. But first a big applaud for the other participants!"

The crowd clapped their hands and the other dancers walked off the stage leaving Taemin to get ready to dance. The music started and Taemin started dancing once again with such power. Minho was ever more when Taemin once again fell on his knees and started lifting himself up and down.

When it was over Taemin bowed and walked off stage. People started making their way out. Once they where out Kai said:

"I got a text from Taemin; he want us to meet him at the backside."

They walked to the backside and saw Taemin talking to a group of the other dancers. When Taemin saw them he said something to the group and walked over to his friends.

"Hi. Did you like the show?" He was really sweating.

Key gave him a bear hug. "Of course! You were the best!" Key let go of him so Taemin could get some air.

"Key's right", Onew said. "And that's why we have to celebrate! I know a good restaurant where they sell chicken and other stuff."

They followed Onew to a restaurant and got their orders.

"So was this why you always where sweating when you came home?" Minho asked.

"Yeah, I was always practicing", Taemin said with a smile that made Minho's heart flutter.

They ate and had fun. When they finished they gave Kai a ride home and went home in Minho's car.

Taemin was exhausted and laid on the sofa with a thud. He was already sleeping.

"Minho, can't you carry him to his room?" Key said.

Minho hesitated one second before he carried Taemin to his room. He carefully placed him on the bed and put the cover over him.

He stared at the pink lips and couldn't hold himself. He bent down and gave them a peck before he walked out blushing.                                                          

                                                                          *****************************************************

so this was the dance show... ok, i don't know what to say but i hope you liked it? And sorry for putting in Kai too much, he will be busy with homework or something later. and here's the link to the dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7E_xjjxh6Q