BEAST...

A Rose Among The Thorns...

(P/S: I gave you a link of a song in this chapter. If you read to to the part when there is "a song" and you can see the hidden link, please play the song and continue reading kay^^ (right click, open in new tab^^)? It wil add more emotional to the chap. Thank you~)

 

***********Flashback**************


No one POV

 

Yoseob was at his apartment with Junhyung. They were here to grab a few clothes and food before heading back to the hospital. Yoseob didn't say a word with Junhyung, but Junhyung knew the younger was sad and in depress then. As much as he did, he had to be the strong hyung to keep an eye on his dongsaeng, who could lose it anytime and went on a rampage...


"Seobie, chill, kay? He would be fine."

"Fine? Did you see him hyung? He was suffering! We all don't know if he would be back or gone forever." - Yoseob couldn't hold it anymore.

Junhyung put an arm on Yoseob's shoulder, trying to comfort him. But he didn't feel any better. Yoseob thought it was him to cause all of this in the first place, and now his friend is on the line of life and death...


Back to the very first day at Cube high school, Doojoon and Hyunseung were best friends. They would share everything with each other liked true brothers... Then, a girl went in Doojoon's life and completely turned everything upside down. Doojoon was captivated by her, madly in love with her, but the truth was she just wanna used Doojoon to approach Hyunseung. She tried to seduce Hyunseung, but all she got back was a no, Hyunseung didn't love her and he knew how much Doojoon treasured her... He tried to tell Doojoon that his girlfriend was not good, but he didn't want to push it too far and hurted his best friend... The girl finally broke up with Doojoon and he thought it was Hyunseung who seduced her, coz she said she loved Hyunseung, not him anymore.


Doojoon was in so much pain when she left him, and he blamed all the fault on Hyunseung. He didn't want to talk, he even hate too see Hyunseung around... So, unintentionally, Doojoon and his little brother Dongwoon formed a group, while Hyunseung, Junhyung and Yoseob formed another group... Junhyung was Hyunseung's and Doojoon's friend, but he chose Hyunseung after he heard the story. He did try to tell Doojoon, but he was just didn't want to listen. And Yoseob was Hyunseung's friend from childhood, so he definitely trusted Hyunseung when he heard the story. Doojoon and Hyunseung didn't say a word with each other since then. And since Doojoon wanted to get his revenge, they were like the two famous rival gangs in school. Doojoon would do anything just to make sure Hyunseung will never be happy. Hyunseung knew it, but he never fought back, coz he knew how deeply Doojoon was hurted.


For that, the two gangs became rivals, the boys in school started to choose sides and not long after that, they got a bunch of underlings... Their underlings always had problems with the other, so they would fight like almost everyday. If there was a big fight, Dongwoon and Yoseob were the one in charge. Dongwoon wasn't good at fighting, but he learned fast through some battles like those. For Yoseob, despite his childlike look, he was the greatest fighter. Once, Hyunseung's gang was clearly out-numbered. But Yoseob personally fought on that battle, he took down as many as he could. Finally, only Dongwoon and Yoseob left. Despite the fact that Dongwoon lost that time, he didn't hate Yoseob, but he admired that little hyung so much coz Yoseob was a good fighter and when Dongwoon accepted losing, he stopped the fight right away, not like the other boys who would tried to beat him till he was all over the floor.


It was another dark day at school... Again, Yoseob heard some of their underlings were being bullied by Doojoon's. He had had enough, and he went right to see Doojoon.


"Hey, Doojoon hyung, would you please tell your underlings to stop this nonsense? We are trying to live in peace here." - Yoseob said, looking straight at Doojoon's emotionless face.

"They are just doing what they like to do. And since your underlings are all rubbish, we could use some times bullying them. Is that not ok with you Yoseob?"

"That is not ok with me, coz that nonsense will eventually lead to a fight soon you know!"

"Then what? You are too weak to fight?"

"I AM NOT WEAK AND I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY STRENGTH ON SOMETHING LIKE THAT! DAMN IT!" - Yoseob grabbed Doojoon's collar.


It was then Doojoon twisted Yoseob wrists and pinned him down to the floor. Because Yoseob had a fight last night and he got hurt, so he wasn't in a good condition. He couldn't fought back the strength of Doojoon's grip...


"I guess you are, kiddo."

"LET GO OF HIM."


Doojoon looked up to see Hyunseung. His beauty and elegant somehow gave him a very powerful look. Hyunseung personally didn't like the idea of forming a gang at the first place, and he didn't want to be in a fight, so Junhyung and Yoseob had to be in charge for those. The gang forming was unevitable, coz Doojoon really wanted to recruit underlings for his gang, so Junhyung and Yoseob must accept to take in underlings too, it was the only way to protect themselves from the angry Doojoon. But now everything was going too far, and Hyunseung couldn't take it anymore, he would try to talk, he would try something to get the old Doojoon back and stop all of this nonsense.


"Look who's saying? What? You want me to release him? ANYTHING YOU WANT, I MUST DO IT FOR YOU?" - Doojoon stood up, pull Yoseob up with him, locked Yoseob's hands behind his back, Yoseob winced from the pain.

"You only want to get your revenge on me right Doojoon? Enough. Let go of him, and LISTEN TO ME!"

"I WILL NOT! YOU ARE A LIAR!" - Each word he snapped out, his gribs on Yoseob's hands got tighter. Yoseob let out a groan as he was seriously in pain.

"It was not because of him that you are angry so don't hurt him Doojoon! How about this, let's have a race. If you win, you could do everything you want from now on, but if I win, I just want you to sit back and listen to me. Is it ok with you?"

"Fine. Tonight, 12:00AM, see you at Shock Avenue." - Doojoon said, released Yoseob and walked away.


Yoseob collapsed to the floor and Hyunseung ran towards him to check if he was ok.


"Kwenchanna?" - Hyunseung helped Yoseob up, asking in concern.

"Nae. But hyung, do you really want to race? You haven't race for so long now!"

"I know, but I have to try something to stop this. Maybe God will help, I still have the racing thing in my blood." - Hyunseug smiled a bit - "I hope that and my sincerity, could be enough for me to win."


That night, at Shock Avenue, all of them gathered around to witness the moto racing between Hyunseung and Doojoon. It was personal so they didn't bring any underlings, just the 5 of them...


The rout was set, they would race from here till the end of Shock Avenue, then turned to Fiction Avenue and be back here as the finish line. The first one to be here after 3 rounds like that would be the winner.


Doojoon and Hyunseung got on their motocycles. Hyunseung's was a stylish black and red one, while Doojoon's was a normal, manly black one. They started the engine... When Junhyung shouted "GO!", they both took off and soon only the sound of the engine was heard and it started to fade away. The 3 left looked at each other... They didn't want all of this to happened at the first place, so all of them prayed that Hyunseung would be the winner. So they could have a change to get back to their normal life, as a normal school boy, and be friends with others... For Yoseob, although he didn't even have a conversation with Dongwoon, he knew this kid was tough outside, but inside he was emotional, the way he looked at Doojoon and Hyunseung, was like he wanted his hyungs to get along with each other again. Dongwoon was in the same class year with Yoseob coz he attended school one year early, while Doojoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung were their sunbaes.


After 10 minutes, they could hear the sound of the engine again. They quickly looked at the direction of the sound and soon they could see two guys on two motocycles darted towards them. They crossed the line in front of the 3 and continue racing the second round... Dongwoon, Junhyung and Yoseob, looked at each other again... It was clear that Doojoon was taking the lead... If that pace kept on to the last round, they would once again, be enemies, and nothing could change that...


It was the second round. Doojoon was taking the lead, but Hyunseung didn't want to give up on his only chance like that. He sped up and caught up with Doojoon at the end of Shock Avenue. It was noone in lead then, they were at the same pace and Hyunseung was now beside Doojoon. They made a turned to Fiction Avenue, still noone could be ahead till the end of the street. They finished Fiction Avenue and made another turn to go back to Shock Avenue. They crossed the line twice, this time both of them did at once... Hyunseung had one round left to change the situation. He glanced to his side and all he saw was the sorrow in Doojoon's face... 'I have to do this I have to win!'... Hyunseung said to himself then with all he had, he took the lead with a dangerous speed. Doojoon didn't like to be left behind, so he did the same, but Hyunseung was just didn't give up, he kept speeding up a bit at a time just enough to get ahead of Doojoon... Both of them are at dangerous speed now... The race was about to end coz they were making the 2nd turn to head back to the finish line. Doojoon couldn't take it and he sped up to catch up with Hyunseung...Suddenly, Hyunseung saw a light of a car, there wasn't any traffic there at that time, but he was sure he saw a light and a car heading to their right side at the intersection ahead. He frantically glance to his left to see Doojoon was then caught up with him, Doojoon's eyes were not focusing on anything but the finish line... They couldn't avoid the accident, Hyunseung knew that, coz with that speed they couldn't stop or turn in time to not hit the car... But he had to do something... He quickly turned his vehicle a bit to the left and hit Doojoon's to the side... Doojoon was shocked and he lost the balance, he fell of his motocycle, turned a few round and landed on the grass of the sideway. His motocycle slid on the road and stopped about 10 meters from where he was lying.


", what on earth---" - Doojoon managed to say a few words before he was cut by a loud bang... He looked at the direction where the sound came from and he could see a car was right there at the intersection... But he coudn't see Hyunseung - " !!!" - Doojoon tried to get up and limping to the car. he looked in front of the car to see the head of it was damaged, but the person in the car was ok. He looked to the left to see Hyunseung's motocycle was about 5 meters ahead of the car, but he couldn't see Hyunseung... He limped to Hyunseung's vehicle, panicked. Then he saw a small figure under the motocycle, he ran to Hyunseung, despite that he was injured and the pain started to increase, all he cared about then was Hyunseung. Doojoon kneed in front of Hyunseung's motocycle and used all his strength to lift it up and tossed it to the side.Hyunseung was lying there, blood streamed down from his forehead, several scratches and cuts from his body and one of his leg was broken.


"HYUNSEUNG! ! HYUNSEUNG! GET UP! DON'T YOU DARE! YOU DIDN'T FINISH THE RACE DAMN IT!" - Doojoon screamed out. He wanted to lift Hyunseung up, but he afraid Hyunseung was injured inside so if he moved him, his situation would be worse. Junhyung, Dongwoon and Yoseob who had seen all of that couldn't believe in their own eyes. They quickly ran towards Doojoon and Hyunseung. Junhyung immediately called the hospital to send an ambulance, while Dongwoon and Yoseob darted towards Hyunseung. Yoseob couldn't take what he saw, he cried to see his friend lying emotionless on the street... It was all his fault. If he hadn't talked with Doojoon earlier that morning, Hyunseung didn't have to race, and he was now lying on his soft bed at home, not here on the street, bleeding... He grabbed Doojoon collar to pull him up and gave him a punch right in the face.


"IF ONLY YOU LISTEN TO HIM!" - Doojoon didn't fought back, he fell to the street and cried.

"He saved me..." - Doojoon mumbled in his tears... If Hyunseung didn't force him out of the road, they both gonna lie here. But Hyunseung saved him, if accident was unevitable, at least he wanted Doojoon to be safe.

Yoseob pulled him up again and threw another fist in his face - "YOU FOOL. DOING ALL THIS TO YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE OF A GIRL!"

Junhyung rushed to Yoseob side and stopped him, "Enough Yoseob. He didn't know this would happen." - He hugged Yoseob while Yoseob was crying on his shoulder - "Go take care of Hyunseung kay? He needs that."


Yoseob nodded. He kneed in front of Hyunseung, "Hyunseung hyung... Can you hear me? Hyung!", he said and ribbed a part of his shirt to stop the bleeding from Hyunseung's forehead, while Dongwoon was doing the same thing to treated his cuts. If he kept bleeding so much like this, he would be dead by the time he reached the hospital.


Junhyung lifted Doojoon up, "Kwenchanna?", he asked. Doojoon nodded. He was in pain, but it was nothing for what Hyunseung was suffering from.


The ambulance finally came and they took Hyunseung's in, along with Yoseob. Dongwoon and Doojoon. Junhyung said he would be there later coz he had to deal with the accident and their motocycles.


At the hospital, Hyunseung was immediately sent to the emergency room. He lost a lot of blood... And Yoseob was the one who had the same blood type with Hyunseung, type B, so Yoseob told the nurse that he would donate his blood for his friend. So Yoseob was taken out to had some tests on his blood, and he was sent to the emergency room with Hyunseung.


Doojoon was treated as well. He had a few scratches and had a small crack at his left arm's bone. He had his arm casted and all of his wounds treated. After that he went back to the waiting bench outside the emergency room. Dongwoon was there. He sat beside Dongwoon... Suddenly one of the doctor and a few nurse bursted outside of the room.


"Doctor, is my friend ok?" - Doojoon grabbed the doctor's arm and asked, he was full of worries.

"He was in dangerous condition now. I'm sorry, but we couldn't promise anything now. Call his parents..." - The doctor said and left.


Doojoon just collapsed to the floor and Dongwoon had to lift his hyung up, "Hyung, we all know that Hyunseung hyung is in serious condition. We can't give up our hope hyung, he is strong, he will get through."


Half an hour later, Junhyung finally came after dealing with all the problems. His father was a cop, so he knew how to deal with all of that and kept everything in an order. He sat beside Dongwoon, gave the younger a bottle of water, "Drink, I bought some bread too, you should eat something, you look exhausted."

"Thank you hyung." - Dongwoon said, although he was on same year with Yoseob, he was the maknae among them. He loved to be treated like a maknae, but he always had to be tough and mature to run his underlings, so he kinda forgot what it was like to be treated and cared like that.

"You too Doojoon. Eat some." - Junhyung told Doojoon, who was lost in his thoughts.

"I'm fine. Not hungry."


It was 4:00AM and the light of the emergency room went off. That meant the operation was over. Yoseob was out first, he was sleeping, he gave a lot of his blood to Hyunseung so he was really weak then. The nurses got Yoseob a room and let him rest there. Then the doctors were out. Doojoon, Dongwoon and Junhyung rushed to them as they wanted to know how was Hyunseung.


"Is he ok doctor?" - Junhyung asked.

"We almost lost him. But he was strong and finally he is stable now. But it doesn't mean that he was not in dangerous anymore." - Doojoon grabbed Dongwoon arm, listening to every words of them. He didn't feel relief at all... - "He hit his head really hard, broke his right leg and a few ribs, got several cuts ang lost a lot of blood. He is now comatose, if he doesn't wake up by tomorrow morning, we sorry, but there's nothing we can do then."


They took Hyunseung out and got a room for him. Dongwoon and Doojoon were there to take care of him, while Junhyung went to check out on Yoseob. Yoseob finally got up, and he wanted to see Hyunseung, but Junhyung said they must go home to take a few necessary things first...


At Hyunseung's room, Dongwoon was so tired that he slept on the couch. Doojoon, in the other hand, couldn't sleep at all. He just sit besides Hyunseung's bed and looking at him. He had a bandage wrapping around his head and his leg was casted. He had to use oxygen mask, and he was connected to a heart rate monitor. The "beep" sound of his heart filled the room, that was what kept Doojoon calm...


"Hyunseung... You fool... Wake up. If you don't, you would never get a chance to explain to me!" - Doojoon hold Hyunseung's hand, saying - "Wake up. Just wake up, I'll listen, I'll stay calm and listen to everything that you say."


Junhyung and Yoseob were back, but when they entered the room, they saw Doojoon sat besides Hyunseung's bed crying and talking to Hyunseung, they didn't want to interrupt so they went out...


"Now he's willing to listen... Now that he wants to listen... Hyunseung hyung couldn't say it... Why couldn't things be easier, hyung?" - Yoseob sighed, he was sad.

"Yeah, I guess that's life. Anyway all we can do is hope... Hyunseung is a strong man, he will get through. And he has to explain to Doojoon, he cannot go just now you know." - Junhyung said and sat besides Yoseob at the bench... Silence... It was morning... One day left for Hyunseung to wake up... If Hyunseung didn't wake up tomorrow, whay will they do???


All day, Yoseob, Junhyung and Dongwoon took turns taking care of and talking to Hyunseung, while Doojoon refused to get away from Hyunseung's bed side. He just sat there, didn't eat or drink anything all day... But there was still nothing from Hyunseung, just from the sound of the heart rate monitor that they know Hyunseung was still there with them.


A day pass... It was midnight... Yoseob, Dongwoon and Junhyung was tired, so they slept on the couch... For Doojoon, he still sat there... Remembering the time they were best friend, he couldn't hold his tears back...


"Hyunseung, stop it. Don't torture me anymore. Open your eyes!" - Doojoon said in despair. He then remembered a song that Hyunseung used to sing when he felt sad or wanna give up... Doojoon remembered teasing Hyunseung whenever he sang that song, just to cheer him up. So literally beside Doojoon, Hyunseung never had his chance singing the whole song, coz he would end up smiling because of Doojoon's jokes - "I will sing that for you. Will you forgive me for all of this? And please, wake up..."


Doojoon started to sing... He knew this song by heart coz he spent time searching up and he intended to record it as a birthday gift for Hyunseung's birthday... But the gift didn't have a chance to be sent to Hyunseung, coz his girl friend broke up with him right before Hyunseung's birthday... Each word he sings out now, coming from his genuine heart, he want his best friend back... Yoseob was right, he was a fool, creating all of this because of a girl... He didn't need the explaination from Hyunseung anymore, he just want him back... Tears streamed down his face... He held Hyunseung's hand and sang the song out... "I don't know the reason why I changed... I've been thinking for a long time, with many difficulties ahead... I seem to be changing quite a lot, please end this... Can you hear this song? Oh~... You're too much, thank you, baby... You're too pretty... Oh~... There's not a thing that can stop me from looking at you... I will always look at only you..."


As he sang the final note of the song... He could feel Hyunseung's hand moving... He looked at Hyunseung in disbelief... And he saw a tear fell down from the corner of Hyunseung's eyes...


"HYUNSEUNG! YOU CAN HEAR ME? HYUNSEUNG! ARE YOU THERE? OPEN YOUR EYES HYUNSEUNG AH!"


His yell woke the other 3 up... They looked at him and Hyunseung, then all sprang to Hyunseung's bed side, Junhyung called the nurses and the doctors to come over to check... And Hyunseung, finally opened his eyes... He looked weak, but he was then out of danger... He looked at the other 3, and smiled when he saw their happy tears, then he stopped his glance at Doojoon, blinked his eyes at him and squeezed Doojoon's hand, which was holding his. Not any word spoken, but they both know they were finally friends again...


After that Hyunseung recovered very fast. He was taken care of by Yoseob, Dongwoon, Junhyung and mostly Doojoon. Spending time with each other, Dongwoon liked Yoseob very much, and Junhyung always took care of Yoseob and Dongwoon as a hyung too, so Dongwoon started to act aegyo, made everyone laugh... He was happy to be the maknae, and he truly felt like one then...

 

When Hyunseung was discharged from the hospital, they gathered together. And the gangs things were over then. They were not 2 seperate gangs anymore, together they formed a group name BEAST. All of them taken care of each other. As Doojoon was the oldest, he became their leader. He changed a lot since then too, his acts were more mature, and he didn't get angry easily anymore, if there was any problems in the group, he was usually the one who kept calm and ask all of them to talk to each other to solve the problems. But if he couldn't keep calm, Junhyung was the one in charge coz he was the vice-leader... For that, they studied together, played together, eat together as brothers, and noone could break their chain...

 

*************End of flashback*************

 

------------------------------

This is my favorite chap by far^^ And please listen to the song, it was so emotional, I literally cried when I wrote those lines... And "baby baby" _ 4Men was the song that BEAST listen when they have a hard time too~

Anyway do you like this chap^^? I hope you all do, and sorry it was not a sweet chap as usual, but through this, you could see how they are closed to each other right^^

Comments~~~ I will update more soon^^