Taken Away

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

The next day, Luhan and Haejung were well enough to be up and about. Mrs Yoo decided to close the eatery early every Sunday so that they could have their little dates.

Luhan and Haejung worked at the eatery in the morning, sneaking secret smiles and looks at each other.

The eatery was still bursting with customers all the time, with fanboys and fangirls trying to catch a glimpse of their idols. However, more and more of them came to be aware that nothing would tear the two from each other and they stood no chance.

"Luhan oppa~" the girls cooed. "Did you miss us? We came again!"

Luhan blinked at them and scratched his head. "Have I seen you before?" he asked confusedly. Even his robotic memory couldn't dig out any traces of these girls.

"Are you serious Luhan oppa? We come to the eatery every single day!" the girls frowned, disappointed.

Luhan laughed uneasily. "Ahehe...Mianhae." he cleared his throat. "Ready to order?"

While the girls quarreled amongst themselves (one of their many tactics to make Luhan stay at their table for a longer time), Luhan looked over at Haejung who was tending to a table of her fanboys.

She smiled at them politely, curling a lock of her brown silky hair behind her ear. "Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yes, can I have a Haejung please?" one guy called Woohyun grinned up at her flirtatiously. They boys had gone to the eatery on a daily basis just to hook up with Haejung.

Haejung pinked. "I'm not on the menu." she answered politely.

"That's too bad because I'd really like to taste you." Woohyun wriggled his brows. One of his friends, Sunggyu, slapped his pal on the back. "That's just disturbing, Hyun. Stop it."

"Noona," The youngest out of them smiled at her sweetly. "Can I have a roll of kimbap and some seaweed soup?"

"Yep." Haejung nodded and wrote it down. She felt all eyes on her as she took down all the orders from the boys.

"What time do you get off work, Haejung sshi?" Hoya asked, smirking in his heart-stopping manner.

Haejung raised her brows. "1:30pm." she mumbled, wondering what this was about.

"Are you free after work?" Sungyeol grinned. Dongwoo nodded. "Yeah, wanna come out with us? Or just me?" he grinned suggestively.

Haejung faked a smile. "Mianhae, I'll be going out with my boyfriend after work." she glanced at Luhan and he sent her a small smile.

She pinked, instantly reacting to him.

"Awwww!!" Sunggyu sighed. "You two are still together?" he commented, making Sungjong shake his head at his hyung's insensitiveness.

L rolled his eyes. "Don't bother about them. Please get us our food, Haejung sshi." he passed her the menu with a small smile.

Haejung nodded and made her way back to the kitchen to pass the orders to her mother. At least there was one cool and collected one out of them. She could do with more L's in the world.

That was, until a piece of paper fluttered from the menu, previously stuck in the pages.

Call me, XXX-XXXX-XXXX
- L (Kim Myungsoo)

Haejung rolled her eyes and chucked the paper. So it turned out he was the most desperate.

 

 

 

Luhan tugged on Haejung's hand as they strolled around the mall casually. Their work at the eatery had ended and they took time off for a casual date.

"Were those boys bothering you again, Jungie?" Luhan asked, frowning. "They keep coming back day after another! It's so irritating."

Haejung laughed. "Irritating as it is, they're our source of income, Luhan. You can't just turn our customers away."

Luhan pouted and nodded. "Yeah but I don't like them hitting on you." he detached his hand from hers, only to curl it around her waist.

"Jungie's mine." he mumbled, pressing a kiss against her temple.

Haejung smiled, her heart exploding with sweetness and happiness. "And your fangirls?" she probed with raised brows.

"What girls?" Luhan grinned innocently. "I only have one girl." he bumped shoulders with her.

Haejung laughed and shook her head. "Are robots all this cheesy?"

Luhan chuckled and pulled her along to the ice cream stall. "Remember when we came with Masen, he defended your honor and told the Ahjusshi that we didn't want to eat here?" he recalled.

Haejung let out a smile. "Yeah. I remember." she nodded.

Luhan grinned at her. "After I earn enough money from my Orange company to redeem myself from the RB corp, I'll adopt Masen and we can live happily ever after!"

Haejung nodded to herself. "Yup right. Robots are cheesy." she muttered.

"Jungie!" Luhan pouted, blowing a raspberry. He tickled her at the side and Haejung let out a squeal. Onlookers thought how cute the couple was, like they were meant for each other.

They didn't notice two men following behind them, dressed in black and their eyes fixated on the couple.

"It seems the tip off is true." one murmured.

"Yes. Client Yoo Haejung has definitely developed emotional attachments to System 5.0." the other one nodded. "Let's report back to the headquarters."

The two disappeared around the corner, and Luhan and Haejung didn't even know they had been there.

 

 

 

Luhan, Haejung and Mrs Yoo were watching television together like a real family. They were watching running man and they laughed at how fail Kwangsoo and Ji Suk Jin being the easy brothers.

Dumb and dumber never failed as they made their constant resolutions to win the game that episode at the beginning.

But as the game continued on, Big headed hyung was eliminated because of his lack of wit, agility and speed compared to commando Lim Jong Kook. Kwangsoo got out of the game because he tried to trick them again and failed miserably.

"Hahaha they're so funny Jungie!" Luhan laughed and pointed at the television.

Haejung and Mrs Yoo laughed at his reaction. "They're meant to be that way, Luhan. They're comedians." Mrs Yoo mused.

They continued watching and Haejung recalled the days when there was a Gary-Jihyo love line, before Jihyo gotten a boyfriend.

"I miss the Gary-Jihyo couple." Haejung mused. "They're really cute. Especially Gary. Too bad they didn't last."

Luhan grasped her hand determinedly. "We'll last Jungie." he told her seriously.

Haejung giggled and nodded, smiling. The atmosphere was perfect.

Family warmth, love in the air, ease and enjoyment. They thought nothing could break this.

Until there came a knock on the door.

Luhan scratched his head. "Who could it be?" he wondered out loud. He volunteered to open the door and he blinked at the two burly men at the entrance.

"Who-" Luhan blinked.

"System 5.0, we have come to take you back." one man grabbed Luhan's arm violently.

Luhan twisted away, shooting a panicked glance at Haejung. "Jungie!"

Haejung ran to the door hurriedly. "What? Are you guys from the RB company?" her heart was beating fiercely.

"Yes." one man nodded. "We must take System 5.0 back. You have formed emotional attachments with System 5.0 which is forbidden."

"What?" Haejung's eyes widened. "But you didn't say-"

"It's on the company website. If you didn't see it, it's your fault." the two men grabbed Luhan and pulled him to the door, Luhan kept resisting.

"But you can't!" Haejung shrieked and tried to pull Luhan back. Mrs Yoo frowned and got out of her seat. "What are you doing to Luhan?" she demanded. "Let go of him!"

"Apologies mam. But this is a property of our company, not for yours to keep." the man frowned. "Miss Haejung sshi, you've violated the rules. Your goal was to win Yoon Doojoon's heart and you did. But you rejected him. From the moment in which you rejected him, System 5.0's mission has already been completed. You should have returned him."

"But...but I love Luhan!" Haejung cried.

"Can you pay us a billion pounds? That's how much Luhan is worth. We cannot afford to lose our robot like that." The man said firmly. He and his companion grabbed Luhan and pushed him out of the door, shoving him into a black car with tinted windows.

"JUNGIE!!" Luhan yelled, trying to get back.

Haejung tried to tug on the men's hands, slapping and kicking them but they were too strong. They drove off in a matter of minutes and Haejung ran after the car madly.

"LUHAN!!" Haejung yelled, tears streaming down her face.

No it couldn't be. They couldn't take him away from her so quickly. Didn't they hear her? She loved him. He was her life.

Haejung ran and ran even after the car was our of sight and she banged into a solid chest. Chen wrapped his arms around Haejung.

"Haejung!" he exclaimed, concerned. "Have they taken Luhan away already? I'm sure you're very shocked."

Haejung nodded, crying. "I want him back. Chen, they took him away. Eotteohke?" she broke down.

Chen blinked, frowning. "But....he's a robot. Didn't they tell you? He's a robot, Haejung!"

Haejung looked up at him. "I know. But I love him."

Chen felt his heart receive another hit as he stared at her. *She knew he was a robot but she still fell for him?*