Fooled

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

The students reached Jeju Island in two hours and they deposited their things at the various caravans that had been rented for them to stay. Three to four students were assigned a caravan each and the EXO-M found themselves having to split up.

Chen, Luhan and Haejung stayed in a single caravan while the other four stayed in the other.

"Why must I stay with these nincompoops?" Kris muttered to himself as he hauled his overly large bag pack inside. Xiumin scoffed and threw a bun at him. "You're the biggest nincompoop, you poop. Disrespectful to your hyung."

"But seriously hyungnim." Lay shook his head. "Would you rather stay with us or would you rather stay in the other caravan with Luhan and Haejung, being a bright bright lightbulb like Chen?" he asked innocently.

Kris paled and shook his head. "Oh alright, you win."

Tao scratched his head cutely, wondering out loud. "I wonder why Chen hyung volunteered to stay over at theirs."

On the other hand the other named three had already gone into their caravans and had chosen their various bunks. There were two double decked beds and Haejung immediately threw her bags on the top of one. "I'm going to sleep up there!" she squealed in excitement.

Like a kid, really. But if you ask me, double decked beds are the best. No one can ever say no to a double decked bed, especially the fun of climbing the ladders and poking your head down at the person below you.

Unless you're afraid of heights of course.

Chen shook his head in amusement and his heart skipped a beat. *That girl is too adorable.* he mused. He opened his mouth to say something when Luhan spoke what he had in mind. "Aigoo Jungie, you're so cute." Luhan grinned. "Be careful up there."

Haejung stuck her nose in the air and rolled her eyes. "Excuse me mister, do I look like I'm five? Of course I'll do fine. It's just a...DOUBLE DECKED BED!!!" she exclaimed.

Chen smiled. He climbed up the other double decked bed before Luhan and put his things there. "She's right, Luhan hyung. It's a double decked bed. I'm getting the other top bunk." he claimed.

Luhan's eyes rounded and he pouted. "Hey no fair! I want to be on the top bunk so that I'm on the same level as Jungie too!" he whined.

"Too late Luhan." Haejung threw a pillow in his face. "You're the oldest so you've got to let your dongsaengs have the fun. Since you're so old and all, we're letting the elderly sleep in the bottom bunk."

"Elderly?" Luhan blinked.

"Oh? Did she say anything about elderly? I didn't hear anything." Chen blinked innocently.

Luhan scratched his head in confusion and looked at the two. "Aish. I'll sleep on the bottom bunk then." he deposited his things on the bottom bunk below Chen's.

Chen and Haejung looked at each other with goofy grins on their faces and did a high five in the air. Haejung giggled lightly and laid down on the bed, letting out a big big sigh of satisfaction.

Chen watched with a similiar grin on his face, capturing the scene permanently in his mind and hoping that even ten years down the road, he'd still remember this. But he didn't think he'd forget either.

 

 

 

Once everyone was settled in and had eaten their fill (which of course, Xiumin enjoyed in the most. In fact he was still at the eatery having round 7), the students made their way to the shore near their caravans to look at the villagers while their caught their fresh fishes and lobsters.

There were a dozen "Haenyeo", also known as female divers here and there while they went into the water to look for shellfish and seaweeds to sell.

The "Haenyeo" culture was strong in Jeju and there was even a museum to recognise the efforts of these women who went into the water rain or shine to bring food to the people. They were partly why Jeju's seafood were so famous and so delicious. Without them, the kitchens around had no stock.

The EXO-M boys watched in fascination as one ahjumma who looked around fifty to sixty but still really strong, went into the water with a large net and bucket. She went down for around two to three minutes and when she next surfaced, the net was filled with edible shellfish.

"Wow. That's like magic." Tao's jaw dropped opened.

Lay nodded at the maknae. "Don't waste your time on your meditation and your kungfu and invest your time in this maknae. You'll become a millionaire in no time and then you can treat us to shellfish everyday." he grinned.

Tao made a face. "Why would I do that for you? How about you do that for me?"

Nodding, Lay grinned. "Improvements, maknae. Using your brain today?"

The thing about the Haenyeo's were that they were all ahjummas and some even halmeoni's. They were at least forty, the youngest perhaps in her late thirties. It was a fear that the haenyeo culture would cease when no new females would like to continue with this special tradition.

"Yah Haejung ah." Kris looked over at Haejung teasingly. "How about you go try and pick some shell fish too?" he grinned. "Continue the tradition huh?"

Luhan curled his arm around Haejung's shoulders protectively and jutted his bottom lip out at Kris. "No way. I'll not let my Jungie brace the seas and storms." he smiled at her sweetly.

Chen looked away, already feeling the puke going up his throat. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths, trying to clear his thoughts. But everytime he did that all he saw was Haejung and more Haejung, which made the longing intensify.

"No need to be so protective over your girl, Lulu. Showing off your relationship, aren't you now?"

A sharp jealous voice sounded behind them and they all turned curiously. Haejung's eyes widened and she gaped at Doojoon who had appeared all of a sudden with his friends. Haneul was nowhere in sight.

"Yoon Doojoon sshi." Luhan frowned slightly but didn't let his displeasure show in his tone. "Is anything the matter?"

Doojoon's eyes were on Haejung all the time. And she didn't know why she didn't feel pleased that the guy she had adored for such a long time was finally looking in her direction. Why did she feel uncomfortable?

"Nothing much." Doojoon finally removed his gaze from Haejung and looked at Luhan with what could only be described at utter disdain. "Just not very happy how you're Haejung's boyfriend now."

There were gasps and murmurs around as Doojoon said this. Everyone was shocked and surprised at the same time.

Didn't Yoon Doojoon dump Haejung in the first place? Why was he turning back again now?

Doojoon circled around Luhan and looked the latter up and down as if analyzing carefully his every component and trait. "Are you worthy for a babe like Haejung?" he asked, sneering. "Happy all the time, smiling like a retard at every single person. I think she got a kid as her boyfriend, that's what."

"Hey that's mean!" Tao blurted, frowning. Lay held the maknae back and shook his head. They didn't want to enrage Yoon Doojoon. That guy had gangs behind him.

Doojoon's friends were surprised with Doojoon's actions but they understood his intentions to some extent. "Wow hyung's going all out for this one huh?" Dongwoon whispered to Hyunseung.

"Totally." Hyunseung nodded. "He's trying to prove his worth."

Haejung felt this surge of disbelief and anger directed at Doojoon all of a sudden. He was the one who dumped her, why was he saying things like that now? And to Luhan as well. That made her even more angry when she thought of how many things this robot had done for her.

"Luhan isn't a kid." Haejung blurted, frowning determinedly at Doojoon. "He's not."

Doojoon trained his eyes on Haejung. "You sure? Want him to prove it?" he smirked.

Luhan clenched his jaw. *Remember RB rule #20. DO NOT under any circumstances, hurt humans.* He thought desperately. He narrowed his eyes at Doojoon. "How?"

Doojoon smirked. "Let's have a challenge, Luhan. We dive in for three minutes each, and let's see how would collect the more number of shellfish." he snickered. "The one who wins would be more worthy of Haejung."

Luhan nodded immediately. "Deal."

Haejung's eyes widened. "Luhan?" He smiled at her assuringly and squeezed her hand. "I'm fine. I'll be able to do it no problem."

Doojoon and Luhan got extra swimwear from the hanyeos and changed into them. They stood in front of the sea with everyone on the shore watching. Kikwang held his iPhone and put a whistle in his mouth. "Three minutes, in 3, 2.....1! GO!"

Luhan surged forward and plunged into the water without hesitation. Doojoon on the other hand, smirked and took a step back. He laughed and high fived one of his friends, shaking his head in amusement.

He looked at Haejung. "The fact that he so easily believed my words and jumped in, doesn't that show you that he's a child?" he asked. "What more, wearing such ugly swimwear and looking for shellfish!" he laughed heartily. "Retard."

Haejung frowned and couldn't help but let out a growl. Doojoon was just fooling Luhan! And being the oh-so-gullible Luhan, he believed and he did it for her.

Haejung paced around the shore, watching and waiting for the three minutes to be up. In the mean time, the other students had already been laughing madly. Dressed as a hanyeo and going fishing? How retarded can Luhan get?

"That motherfuc-" Kris growled as he glared at Doojoon. Xiumin quickly held his dongsaeng back and shook his head. "Wait for Luhan to come back and then we'll see what to do."

Luhan finally surfaced, a little too long for Haejung's liking. He wasn't panting, just slightly gasping for breath and he held out a whole tub full of shellfish in the air with a cute grin. The Hanyeo ahjummas were surprised and impressed with his skill and speed.

"Where's Yoon Doojoon and where...." Luhan trailed off when he saw Doojoon had already taken off his swimwear and was wearing a stylish tank top with slacks and sunglasses, looking like a celebrity, and not to mention, not a single bit wet.

"Why...didn't you...." Luhan looked positively confused.

Doojoon smirked and took a step forward. "Yes that's right Luhan. I fooled you."

Luhan looked crestfallen and he stared at the shellfishes he gathered. He should have known! Why would Doojoon do something so embarrassing for Haejung? Stupid stupid him! Why was he so stupid?

Two hands that wrapped around his waist caused Luhan to look up in surprise. Haejung had run to him and hugged him from the back, not minding his wetness. "Jungie, I stink of seaweed and I-"

"Luhan, you were really handsome." Haejung cut in, saying it loud enough such that Doojoon could hear. "Because you were willing to do something like that for me. You're not a kid, Luhan. You're suave."

Luhan softened and a small smile appeared on his previously downturned lips. "Really?"

"Hmm." Haejung buried her face in his back.

Luhan smiled warmly and turned, hugging her tightly. The EXO-M boys cheered loudly and clapped, whooping.

Doojoon's face was a complete dull as he rolled his eyes, storming away. *! Doesn't that Yoo Haejung still have a crush on me?*