Boyfriend

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Luhan pulled Haejung closer, his lips moving against hers. His eyes were closed and his hands were caressing her smooth cheeks tenderly.

Was this how it's supposed to feel like to kiss someone?

No wonder humans liked to kiss. Because Luhan could forget every single thing when he was kissing Haejung. It seemed like time stopped at that moment and nothing else mattered. That the world had reduced and shrunk, and there was only him and her.

Haejung's heart was thudding loudly in her chest. The way Luhan's fingers touched her cheek sent tingles through her body.

She never experienced anything like this before. It was like her crush for Doojoon but a million times stronger.

*I never knew it was like this to kiss someone.* Haejung thought. *The robot really exceeds my expectations.* she smiled into the kiss.

Which was then she realized what was happening.

WHUT DA HELL? She was kissing Luhan!!

Haejung jumped back in surprise and nearly fell off the roof. Luhan's arms immediately shot out and wrapped around her, steadying her before she fell and broke her neck.

"Woah. Easy there." he whispered, seemingly dreamy from the kiss.

Haejung pinked and pushed his hands away. "We're not supposed to do that." she murmured, her brows furrowed.


Luhan flinched. "Why?" That was the most breathtaking kiss he had ever experienced (okay so maybe the ONLY kiss) and she said it wasn't supposed to be?


"We're supposed to be secret lovers!" Haejung threw her hands up in frustration. "You're supposed to be the robot boyfriend that helps me get Yoon Doojoon. I don't see how this will help." she bit her lip.


Luhan's face fell. "I don't want to be your secret boyfriend, Jungie. I want to be your boyfriend." he told her honestly. "Without hiding. We haven't even done anything couple-like all this time besides that kiss. I want to go out with you publicly." he pleaded.


Haejung swallowed. Publicly? B-but....he was a robot and she was a human.

"What if Doojoon oppa sees?" Haejung blurted. She wanted to knock herself on the head. So what if Doojoon saw? It shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Luhan shouldn't be happening. He shouldn't be here and he shouldn't be eroding Doojoon's place away from her heart.

Luhan sulked. He pouted and looked at her. "Well think of it this way," he convinced. "Maybe if we date in front of Yoon Doojoon he'll get jealous and realize how wonderful you are, then."

Haejung blinked. That sounds....logical.

"Well that sounds..." Haejung blinked. "Rather feasible..."

A bright smile graced Luhan's lips. "I know!" he clapped. "So we should just scrape the secret word and I can be your real boyfriend and-"

"Fine." Haejung relented. She reminded herself that Luhan wasn't here to stay.

He was a robot no matter what she felt for him. And his mission was to make her happy.

And to make her happy she had to have Doojoon.......right?

*Its better for us to get to the goal soon anyway.* she thought. *Im feeling too confused these days. I like Doojoon oppa, that must be it. Luhan is just.....just a passerby in my life.* Even as she thought it, it sounded awfully wrong in her mind.

She looked at Luhan and wagged her finger. "Ground rules. We're scraping the secret word but we're replacing it with pretend."

Luhan blinked. "Eh?"

"We're not going to be real boyfriend girlfriend." she told him. "Just acting so in front of other people. When it's the two of us, everything should be strictly platonic."

*If not I'll have strange thoughts again.* she thought to herself.


Luhan scratched his head. "Pretend? So that means I can still go and tell everyone that you're my girlfriend but it's actually fake?"


Haejung nodded. "As long as we pretend to be a couple in front of other people, I guess."

"YIPEEEE!!" Luhan beamed and clapped. "That means I can kiss you whenever I like, as long as there are other people right?"

Haejung stared at him, horrified. "Yah, don't you get weird thoughts." she warned. "And don't you dare tell Umma about it. She's trying too hard to matchmake us already."

But Luhan was too happy to care. "WHOOHOOOO! I'm Jungie's boyfriend!!" he shouted into the night. He smiled and his eyes finally fell on the half unwrapped gift on his lap.

He turned to look at Haejung and saw that his gift to her hadn't been opened as well. "Jungie, open it." he reminded. "I worked hard for it. I hope you like the present."

Haejung nodded, almost forgetting about his present after that mindblowing kiss. She carefully unwrapped the wrapper while Luhan tore his off like an excited toddler.

She opened the box and found herself staring at a very familiar piece of robot necklace. "Luhan....?" she whispered.

Luhan blinked at the other half of the robot necklace. "Jungie...?"


They looked at each other for a few moments until they broke into laughter. "So you were the one who worked your off for the necklaces and only took one half of them?" Haejung chuckled amusedly. "The Ahjumma sold me the guy half of the necklace for a cheaper price because she said it was suppose to be a couple necklace but this boy took off with only one."

Luhan's mouth formed an "O" shape. "You mean it came in a pair?"

Haejung laughed. Cute robot. "Yeah it's a couple necklace isn't it? Couples wear them, one for the girl and one for the guy."

Luhan grinned and took the girl robot necklace from her hands. He leaned over to buckle the chain around her neck, his breath tickling her ears.

"There." he patted her cheeks and proceeded to wear his side of the necklace as well. "It must be fate, Jungie. We got each other the two halves of the couple necklace!"

Haejung smiled. Perhaps it was. She played with the robot necklace around her neck and bit her lip to contain her smile. It sounded so like Luhan to just run off with one side of the two necklaces. It was amusing but at the same time endearing.

While she was smiling to herself and thinking, Luhan quickly leaned down and snuck a peck on her lips.

Haejung gasped and her eyes rounded, looking up at him in surprise. "What was that for?" she squeaked, trying to calm the racing of her heart.

Luhan innocently pointed to the street below them and Haejung saw a man walking his dog.

"See? Someone else!" Luhan defended. "I'm your boyfriend as long as there are other people around to see it!!"

 

 

Haejung's cheeks heated as she walked into school with Luhan, her hands enveloped in his.

Luhan was certainly enjoying how he could act like a couple with her. He made her lean her head against his shoulders on the bus, and didn't even let go off her hand as they walked down the narrow bus door, making it rather difficult to move.

He was cherishing every moment because he knew that Haejung wouldn't let him do these if they were alone. She made it clear. They were pretend.

And he was going to enjoy this as much as he could.

But then again if the pretend word was replaced with real, he'd be much happier.

He didn't value the flaunting of their relationship in front of other people compared to the times they share together. He hoped, really hoped, one day when there was only the two of them, he could kiss Haejung and have her willingly kiss back. Because she wants to, she likes him too, and not for any other reasons.

But for now, he'd settle with this.

There was certainly an uproar as they strode into the school hand in hand. The fangirls were the ones who spotted it first and they surrounded Haejung and Luhan. "Oh my gosh Luhan oppa are you dating Yoo Haejung?"

Haejung pinked and ducked her head. Luhan chuckled amusedly and squeezed her hand assuringly. "Yeah I am."

The fanboys were the next to be notified. "WHAT? Haejung's taken already??"

It hadn't been too long after Haejung turned from a nerd to a complete jaw dropper and now she was taken. Another fantasy gone.

"Should have known to treat her better when she was a nerd." they groaned. "Luhan was farsighted indeed."

Everywhere they went, they could hear gasps and groans and the almost audible sounds of heart breaking.

Luhan smiled softly at Haejung as her cheeks were kept at a constant pink whenever someone new came to ask about their relationship status. *Cute.*

They reached the hallway and Haejung for her books. She felt a gaze on her back and she saw Doojoon looking curiously at Luhan and her.

"Jungie, stop staring into space. Let's go." Luhan kissed the top of her head and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Haejung felt her cheeks fire red and she quickly followed Luhan along.

She wondered what Doojoon thought. But then again did she really want to bother knowing?

.....

Oh right she was supposed to like Doojoon.

Haejung shook her head to clear her mind. *What are you doing, having the feels for a robot? You like humans, Haejung. The human is Doojoon, not the robot Luhan.*

And she didn't know why she dimmed at the prospect of that.