Happy Birthday Part II

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Ever since he came into the human world, Luhan found he had begun to experience a series of feelings he never encountered before.

When he was in the RB company, most he felt were boredom and emptiness. Now he felt happiness, curiosity, satisfaction, exhileration....and not to mention this weird cringing feeling in his tummy that made him feel like he wanted to turn it inside out and empty the horrible feeling from him.

Luhan watched as Chen helped Haejung out from the roller coaster. Her hair was in a mess, her cheeks a rosy pink and her eyes were wild with exhileration, fear and excitement.

He knew he shouldn't be feeling that way but when Chen touched Haejung, he really really didn't like it. He wanted to stomp over and push Chen away, possibly far enough that Chen ended up in the North Pole and never came back.

What was this he was feeling? He shouldn't be feeling things like this! He should be kind and caring at all times, not think of such sinful thoughts.

But somehow he couldn't stop himself. And when Xiumin, Haejung and Chen returned to the others after the roller coaster ride, Luhan somehow found himself wedging in between Chen and Haejung as he fussed over her, ignoring his dongsaeng who was rather surprised at his sudden appearance.

"Jungie was the ride fun?" Luhan asked affectionately, pushing the messy pieces of hair out of the way and arranging her bangs again.

Haejung stuck out her tongue. "It was horrible. But fun." she grinned. "I was trying to see you from up there you know."

Luhan broke into a smile. "Yeah? Did you?"

"Nah." Haejung shook her head. "My eyes only see beautiful things." she teased. Luhan caught her meaning and flicked her forehead in amusement. And what was this feeling that he was experiencing now? This mixture of honey and cotton candy and cookies and cream....?

Chen watched the interaction with a sinking heart. He forced himself to look away and bit his lip hard. *Remember what you told yourself, Chen. You know there is no way Luhan hyung doesn't like Haejung. And you can't steal your hyung's girl like that.* he convinced. *You're just too deprived of females in your life that's why you're attracted to Haejung now. Yeah that must be it.*

The EXO-M boys then proceeded to ride every single ride in the Lotte World, including the merry-go-round and the ferris wheel. Yes it was rather childish but the boys had loads and loads of fun even on the merry-go-round.

The kids watched the giant like hyungs get onto the wooden horses and pretend to ride quickly, whooping and having a lot of fun. They were particularly interested in Kris who was one of the tallest out of them, the most giant-like.

"Oppa. Are you a real giant?" One little girl tugged on Kris's trousers.

Kris had been talking to Lay and was distracted when he felt the tug. "Xiumin, stop trying to steal money from my pocket." he muttered fiercely.

Xiumin blinked. "Uh...hyung?"

Kris turned around and saw Xiumin looking at him from the other side of the Merry-Go-Round. He whipped his head down and saw a little girl grinning up at him with the brightest smile possible and she gave a cute little wave.

Kris freaked out absolutely and he jumped off his wooden horse, shrieking. "KYAAAAAAHHH!!! A CHILD!"

Tao mentally smacked himself. "What a retard."

Chen laughed and nudged him, pointing behind Tao. "You were saying maknae?" he mused. Tao scratched his head and turned, only to see the same little girl now advancing towards him. His eyes widened and he followed in his leader's footsteps, scrambling off as fast as possible. "KRIS HYUNG WAIT FOR ME!!!"

Chen shook his head. The two would never be fathers as far as he could predict.

-----------

The day drew to a close and the EXO-M boys finished off the day's celebration with a cake and the presents.

Haejung blew out the candles from the cake and Lay took it to himself to be the photographer, snapping a thousand pictures. "Now for the presents!!" Xiumin announced. He brought out five beautifully wrapped parcels and put them on the table. "Open this one first, Haejung! It's from me!" Xiumin pushed one box which was wrapped in bun printed wrapping paper. Totally Xiumin.

Haejung giggled lightly and was careful not to tear the wrapping paper. She found a cute box of toy buns collectables!

5455494891_0c8f74a56b.jpg

"Cute huh?" Xiumin grinned. "Reminds you of me?"

She unwrapped the other presents. Kris gave her an electronic E-Book reader since she liked books, Lay gave her a fashion magazine the first edition in which he notified her that he had signed on a year's subscription in addition to that, and Tao gave her a martial arts formula book which he told her to train seriously everyday.

"Here's my gift to you, Haejung." Chen pushed his box forward. "Happy Birthday." he pinked.

Haejung opened the box carefully. Chen's present seemed to be the most expensive out of all, even topping Kris's electronic E-Book reader. Her eyes widened when she saw the precious looking snow globe.

S7EW4VC2HENSB26F2GW5_L.jpg

It was beautiful, glimmering under the light. She tipped it over so that the little bits of glitter would float in the water and a soft smile came into her face. It was perfect.

"Thank you, Chen. It's really pretty." Haejung gushed appreciatively. Chen pinked as well. "Ah...it's nothing."

Tao looked over at Luhan curiously. "Where's your present for noona, Luhan hyung?"

Haejung looked at Luhan curiously. Luhan gave her a sneaky grin. "I'll give it to you later."

Haejung scoffed. "I bet you didn't even remember it was my birthday because you were too busy going out with your fang-" she caught herself before she finished her sentence. She didn't want him to know she had been thinking about his missing hours at the eatery.

"With...?" Luhan scratched his head. "Nothing." Haejung shook her head. She smiled at the EXO-M boys gratefully. "Thank you boys. This is by far the best birthday I ever had."

 

 

 

"Jungie?" Luhan called softly.

Haejung had changed into her pyjamas and was already ready for bed when Luhan suddenly nudged her out from bed. "Jungie I want to give you your present. Come with me?" he tugged on her hand.

Haejung rubbed her eyes sleepily and made a face at him, shuffling behind him. "Why do we have to go out?" she murmured tiredly.

"I thought it was more romantic." Luhan confessed, his cheeks pinking. Haejung bit back a smile. So robots blush too?

He led her to the window instead of the door, surprisingly, and magically produced a rope ladder which was attached to the roof. Haejung blinked. "We're going onto the roof, jungie."

"The roof?" Haejung yelped. "Are you serious? You know how dangerou-"

"I'll be here." Luhan lifted her onto his back. "Hang on tight, I'll carry you up with me. I won't let you fall." His eyes were so sincere that it was hard not to believe him. Even if he told you he was going to fetch you the moon, you would believe him in a heartbeat.

Luhan climbed the rope ladder and advanced swiftly up to the roof. Haejung had never gone up before, well duh you don't normally climb roofs unless you were a cat or something.

Luhan set her down carefully and sat down beside her, making sure that he was nearer to the edge and if they were to fall, he'd fall first. Haejung blinked up at the sky, the view suddenly wider and clearer without the obstructions of the window and the other buildings.

"It's pretty." Haejung smiled. It was a little cold, sure. But the view made up for it. Seoul was pretty much light polluted because it was a city and all, but Haejung was surprised to find that if she squinted long enough, she could see quite a few stars. It was a really magical feeling.

"Well I think it's time to give you the gift." Luhan smiled at her starstruck expression as she gazed at the sky. He dug for the box from his pocket and handed it to her. "Happy Birthday Jungie."

Haejung pinked, the blush appearing from nowhere and she had no control over it. Biting her lips, she gripped the box. "Well I think it's time to give you mine as well." she reached into her pyjamas and produced another box and handed it to him. "Happy Birthday Luhan."

Luhan was genuinely surprised. "You got me one too?"

Haejung scoffed at him. "I told you 16 may is going to be your birthday too right? Doesn't make sense not to have a present as well." she murmured. 'And you didn't want the EXO-M boys to celebrate with you either."

Luhan softened. The sweet indescribable delicious feeling came back from just now and intensified. "Thank you Jungie." he whispered. "You'll never know how much this means to me."

Haejung stared at him for a bit and she quickly cleared and looked away before her cheeks got pink again. "Yeah yeah." she looked down at the delicately wrapped  box. "What did you buy me? Where did you get the cash?" she asked as she unwrapped it.

"I worked." Luhan shrugged, tearing the wrapper off his present too. "Those hours I was gone during the weekdays, I was working an hour each for this Ahjumma so that she'll sell me your present at a lower price."

Haejung's fingers stopped working and she turned to look at him in surprise. "You did?" she squeaked. Tears welled in her eyes and she had no idea what she was getting so touched for. Chill Haejung you don't even cry that much.

She blinked confusedly and bit her lip. "I thought you were out with your fangirls." she whispered.

Luhan stared at her confusedly. "Why would I go out with my fangirls when I have you?"

Gulps. Haejung bit her lip hard but she didn't seem to be able to return to reality. Her eyes met Luhan's and she wondered if it was her imagination or did his gaze turn softer and more tender?

Haejung was suddenly aware of hownfast her heart was thudding in her chest. How the world seemed brighter at that very moment. 

Luhan stared at Haejung, the I describe feeling from before now overwhelming in his chest. He couldn't operate with a clear headed mind. 

HE found himself leaning forward like how opposite ends of a magnet attracted each other. Haejung too found herself leaning into Luhan's touch as his hand reached forward to cup her cheek.

Their eyes fluttered close and their lips met in the middle.